RamWraith is offline Registered User

Let the kid play

Free Mark campaign has started!!!

It is time to let the Setterstrom kid play. With our current position and the line hurt why not give the kid a chance to learn next to his new best friend Incognito. Our future lies with youth on the line and with Pace being down, what good will it do our future to let Stussie play. One more loss and I am going to start the campaign...We need youth on the line and the future is now. FREE MARK!!
    Last edited by RamWraith; -11-18-2006 at 12:46 PM.

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

Re: Let the kid play

I am in total agreeance with you on this one. Why not let the youngings get a shot of some real game experience. Let's find out if he really is the great G that we heard about when we picked out of Michigan. He let Laurance Maroney do some serious damage and they had the fewest sacks, so he must have done something right. If you hand him the responsibility after sitting on the bench for so long, I'm sure he's not going to squander such a great chance. He's going to go out there and make sure that his man can't do anything. Mabye even this game agains such a great panthers line would be the perfect time. Trial by fire. What better fire than the awsome panthers line?

1st & Goal is offline Registered User

One Reason. His name in Mark Bulger. He is till the QB to lead this team for several years. Are you willing to possible expose him even more? If that is the mindset, then lets just stop throwing the ball and run it every down. Jackson wants to be a work horse, and he should be used to getting pounded.

I for one am not ready to throw the season to the dogs and risk out QB, just to have a 2 OL that were starters at the begining of the season, playing every down.
    "I was the originator of smack. Some guys rattle with smack; with other guys it rolls right off their shoulders like nothing. "
    -Deacon Jones

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    Our future lies with youth on the line and with Pace being down, what good will it do our future to let Stussie play.
    Well I would contend Linehan isn't worried about the future. He's worried about this weekend's game against the Carolina Panthers. Some fans, myself included, have pretty much buried the hopes of a significant playoff run. But the coach shouldn't do that at 4-5, so obviously he's going to start the guys who give us the best chance of winning now.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Well I would contend Linehan isn't worried about the future. He's worried about this weekend's game against the Carolina Panthers. Some fans, myself included, have pretty much buried the hopes of a significant playoff run. But the coach shouldn't do that at 4-5, so obviously he's going to start the guys who give us the best chance of winning now.
    My sentiments exactly.

Nick, tried to give you rep points but the old spread em around bug bit me.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I've got that gut feeling that Setterstrom is the next Timmerman. Maybe not an All-Pro like Adam, but Mark has good technique (according to camp reports) and the smarts to survive as a late-round pick. He could very well be a great steal down the road.

bigredman is offline Registered User

I would say put him in during junk time if we have a big lead and Bulger isn't in there, or if the other team has a big lead and they have there second unit in on defense. Too early in the season to put him in with the first unit with the game on the line. Later in the season....maybe with the first unit...depending on the record.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

If we drop a couple more games then I'd like to see him get some playing time. He was a great find for us at the bottom of the draft, but even very talented rookies are likely to make mistakes, i.e. Barron's false starts and Hill getting burned badly in coverage sometimes. As long as there's any hope of making the playoffs, we'll need to stick with whoever gives us the best chance to win right now.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    Free Mark campaign has started!!!

It is time to let the Setterstrom kid play. With our current position and the line hurt why not give the kid a chance to learn next to his new best friend Incognito. Our future lies with youth on the line and with Pace being down, what good will it do our future to let Stussie play. One more loss and I am going to start the campaign...We need youth on the line and the future is now. FREE MARK!!
    Using the same logic, why not let Claude Wroten start over Glover? Glover is getting up there in years and we're certainly not developing him for the future, so it's time to replace Glover with Claude right..?

I have to agree with Nick -- at this point we are still in the hunt -- ok we are not leading the pack, but we are still in it. If and when we fall to the point where we clearly have no shot at making the playoffs, ok -- play Setterstrom, Wroten, Byrd -- heck throw Alston in there too ...