RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Let's All Panic, Demand Firings, And Act Insane!!

OMG! We just lost by 44 points! The sky just fell, and NO ONE was prepared for the Rams to lose this game!!! The world is ending!!! It's Armageddon!!!! Next thing you know, there will be a show about amateur singers on Fox!!!

OK, so I'm overreacting like 90% of you are. Step back and take a breath!

Haslett has a BIG job ahead of him. First, he has to take this "reject squad" Linehan put together, and get them to believe in themselves again. Some never gave up, but a lot of the guys did.

So where are the problems?

1. The O line - they have moments of brilliance, but for the most part, they ALL look pathetic.

2. Bulger. I was even yelling for him to be benched today - and you all know I rarely give up on our QB. Today, he looked as bad as Rosie O'Donnell in Spandex. I think he needs to sit until he remembers how to play like he did in 2006.

3. Our secondary. Clearly, half of these guys will be gone next year.

4. Our RB situation - we put all of our eggs in one basket. We just didn't know that basket had holes in it.

5. OUR FANS. We really need to look in the mirror. When you are at work, do you do better with a little belief and encouragement, or do you work better with people on your rear end all day long? Personally, if my co-workers and the hospital patients were only spouting negatives at me all day long, I'd be very vocal about things - then I'd tell them where to go, and it sure isn't going to be Tahiti. Seriously, I know it's hard to have faith in a team that sucks like a Hoover, but unless and until the fans change their attitude, the players won't want to change their attitude, either.

6. The coaching staff - seriously, guys, why do you insist on entering a marathon while you are still on crutches? Watch a movie called "What About Bob?". Then remember - BABY STEPS!!!

Rant over. Whine and gripe, then fall off what bandwagon is left, or offer some constructive discussion. It's up to you.

PARamfan is offline Registered User

Re: Let's All Panic, Demand Firings, And Act Insane!!

Two things I disagree with you.
    #1 I WAS prepared for this team to lose this game as they were playing a better opponent on the road.
    #5 I live near Philly and if you listened to the comments by the Phillies players at the parade ceremony they actually liked the fact that the fans held them accountable
    for their performance on the field as well it should be.
    These players are getting paid alot of money to play this game and if they have no concience when it comes to performing well on the field to earn their keep do you really think a couple of fans booing them are gonna hurt their feelings.
    Players cashing in are gonna cash in and players thatare about winning are gonna win regardless of what the fans do.

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by PARamfan View Post
    Two things I disagree with you.
    #1 I WAS prepared for this team to lose this game as they were playing a better opponent on the road.
    #5 I live near Philly and if you listened to the comments by the Phillies players at the parade ceremony they actually liked the fact that the fans held them accountable
    These players are getting paid alot of money to play this game and if they have no concience when it comes to performing well on the field to earn their keep do you really think a couple of fans booing them are gonna hurt their feelings.
    Players cashing in are gonna cash in and players thatare about winning are gonna win regardless of what the fans do.
    Players being held accountable is fine. I'm talking the so-called fans who say things like 'my grandma can throw better than that' or 'I've seen better runs in pantyhose!'. That's not accountability. That's only insults.

eldfan is offline Registered User

There is alot of blame to go around but we have to look at how this team was put together not many leaders and not much talent no depth thanks front office.
    :ramlogo:

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Let's All Panic, Demand Firings, And Act Insane!!
    Sounds good to me. It's all their fault! All of them!

Okay, so maybe it's a bit rash to demand firings based on this one game, but I think this gives us a pretty good picture of how much change will have to take place before we can realistically compete for a title. The defense failed today, and the offense left half its test incomplete. The sad thing here is that our offensive line is mostly healthy at the moment, and it's hard to tell the difference between what we're putting on the field now and what we were last year with all the injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by PARamfan View Post
    I will have to respectfully disagree. Of course the World Series winners aren't going to go out there and say that they were hurt by their fans' lack of confidence in them or anything like that. I think there is a certain energy that comes with a stadium full of the team's faithful. Now I'm not saying that fans shouldn't be able to criticize bad performances, but at the end of the day, we ought to still be behind our team.

Truth is offline Registered User

If we continue to play as poorly as we did today, the only way that Haslett returns as HC next season is if no one else wants the job.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I'll wait till I call for the Haz's head. Remember, he coached us to our only two victories. Games we wouldn't have won had Linehan still coached this team.

He kept us in the game with New England. We lost, but we gave them one hell of a run.

The last two games, I don't know what happened. Maybe that lost slapped them back to reality and showed our players that we're not a winning team.

What the Haz needs to do is yell at this team. Let them know that this is pathetic football. I havent heard any post game interviews, but I'm sure he isn't going to say "they did better than us. they were good all around". I'm sure he will say "we played like crap and we need to improve". I know the Haz didn't see anything good of this game, neither do the fans.

However, if things continue. LETS ALL RIOT!!!!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    The sky just fell, and NO ONE was prepared for the Rams to lose this game!!! The world is ending!!! It's Armageddon!!!! Next thing you know, there will be a show about amateur singers on Fox!!!

As I posted in GC's thread (The Ugly, The Hideous, and The Horrible) our Moderators will be protecting against riots.

We'll be fine!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

There's no way I'm ever jumping off the bandwagon. I just wish there was a way I could help fix our team.