MsWistRAM is offline Registered User

Let's get back into it

First of all, to Dez and Dod for getting to go. Just kidding guys! I envy all who do. Even if given the opportunity, don't know if my social anxieties would let me enjoy it.

Second, thanks to the few who attended the chatroom during the game. It really enhances the experience when I have to catch the game on radio. The input and feedback is great. It's like having buddies over to watch the game. (I need to find me some football buddies.) Can't remember all the name, should get in the habit of writing them down, but thank you Blankman71, Shale, Daddo?, etc. etc. etc. (you know who you are).:confused:

I am so glad we have Archuleta. He was making alot of stops out there yesterday. Seems, though, that we are relying on him a little too much. I'd like to see the defense stop the ball at or behind the line of scrimmage more instead of waiting till it gets out into our safeties' territory.

I'm glad to see Wilken's is as solid as he was last year. Again, though, would rather see more touchdowns made and have him contribute more on the extra point (ok, I'm totally blocking out that mishandled snap, that wasn't his fault).

Knowing how Faulk's knees are makes mine hurt. And yet, he plays as solid as he ever did. The whiners stopping him at the goal line though, did indicate that he can't be our go to guy all the time. That was smart going to Robinson for the touchdown. Throws them off the trail.

Hakim can be a solid receiver when he doesn't try to over compensate. It's nice that he wants to redeem himself when he makes a mistake, but then he tries too hard and that makes me wonder where the confidence is. Saw highlights of his touchdown, he was glowing. Now that's the Hakim I like to see!

That thumb was obviously still bothering Warner. Couldn't see them, but sounded like he had some wobbly passes and he wasn't going deep as much. Still shows patience and cool under pressure though.

We so need to clean up some of those penalties. That one on the punt that gave the whiners another 4th down and the opportunity to convert and then take it in for a touchdown rather than turning it over can show how costly those mistakes can be. Of course there's no accounting for the bad calls by the biased officials. That just being pissy!

Overall, could have been a better game, no doubt. But they did pull that rabbit out of the hat for the win. Here's hoping the next one gives our fingernails a chance to grow!

MsWistRAM-Hope, not expectation.

DODRAM is offline Registered User
    Mswistrm, it's ok u wouldn't have enjoyed being there.:-) The beer was cold, the sun hot, and there were thousands of rams fans taking over the tailgating area, so much so Dez Iain & I walked round before the game and the *ers fans wouldn't even smack talk. Sure they found their voices at half time but the offense shut them up again in the 2nd half.

Archuleta had one great stop for a loss which was the play of the game for me.

Running out of time just now , more on the game to follow

GO CLAYMORES : DEAD BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

ram3057 is offline Registered User

Thumbs up Love to see the ***** lose.

I was starting to get a little pissed about the calls being made against the receivers. That one holding penalty was a joke.
    :confused:
    But they pulled it off!! I really liked the way the Rams are controlling the ball and the clock. That is the way to win games.
    Can't wait to see them next week - flying around at home!!
    Always a Rams Fan............

Rex Allen Markel

Rickstir is offline Registered User
    Archuleta had a good game, but don't forget he dropped that sure interception, which forced them to punt, which had the phony penalty(the ram was pushed into the kicker), and thus they went on to score a touchdown.
    I have never seen a stat on 'missed turnovers'.

But is was a good game, really nice to see them eat the time off the clock on that last drive! That was not a bad defense the Rams played yesterday.

The officiating left a lot to be desired. They called a chop block on Holt (second penalty), and he missed the guy! Never even touched him! How can you call a penalty when there is no contact?? And then, in the second quarter, they missed a 9er clip right in front of the ref. A 'textbook' clip, and no flag pulled. There was something smelly in Frisco yesterday, and it wasn't Fisherman's Wharf !!!
    Go Rams!
    Rickstir

DJRamFan is offline Registered User
    that penalty was BS, the replacements could've seen it was incidental.

Archuleta's the man, and is quickly turning into one of my faves. I don't think we are relying on him too much. It is never good to rely on a rookie at any position on any team. If anything we are correctly relying on Aeneas Williams - who was rearely seen on tv, proof he did the job of holding off owens.

The D-Line is kinda disappointing, i need more sacks so i can start them on my fantasy team.

Unlike holdouts, lockouts, etc. of players, the officials obviously didn't attempt to stay on their game.

A win is a win, but we can't play like this against Miami, they're looking to be a lot tougher on both sides of the ball than the whiners and maybe even the eagles.
    DJRamFan
    ClanRam Fantasy Football Commissioner
    2003 & 2004 ClanRam Cup Champion

ClanRam

LONG LIVE MIKE MARTZ

NFL Champions: 1945, 1951
    NFC Champions: 1979, 1999, 2001
    Division Champions: 1945, 1949-1951, 1955, 1967, 1969, 1973-1979, 1985, 1999, 2001, 2003

Super Bowl XXXIV Champions

stlouy is offline Registered User

Unhappy Cold beer....Hot sun....

Grrrr

Great you guys cheered us to victory & had a blast!!

Between our receivers being a little over aggressive & some lousy calls from the refs methinks the Winers would have been buried by halftime. Our downfield blocking was awesome on that *Plays of the week* catch & run by Ike!

Williams had a solid game & did his job on Owens. We continue to stuff the run beautifully.

Fields, Fletch, Mac & Arch were solid.

Ahanotu looked good..Great vs the run.

Grant Didn't look quite 100%

All in all, a good grade for the 'D'

BTW, did ya see sanfRAM? they were to meet @ the tower also.

Go RAMS!!!
    Last edited by stlouy; -09-24-2001 at 05:58 PM.

rampower is offline Registered User
    Originally posted by DODRAM
    Mswistrm, it's ok u wouldn't have enjoyed being there.:-) The beer was cold, the sun hot, and there were thousands of rams fans taking over the tailgating area, so much so Dez Iain & I walked round before the game and the *ers fans wouldn't even smack talk. Sure they found their voices at half time but the offense shut them up again in the 2nd half.

Archuleta had one great stop for a loss which was the play of the game for me.

Running out of time just now , more on the game to follow
    mucho jealous man. Hopefully I will be with you for the bash nest year. What a dream seeing the rams beat the ***** at their pad!
    hope you enjoy the maiami game and shout to them for me!
    same for you Dez and Moira, have a good timw watching dem rams!

ps are any of you goin to the panthers home game? I might have some cash by then!!! I know chris walker smith plans to and I may go along with him.

RAM4EVER is offline Registered User

Wink Same Ol' 9ers

Ditto on Adam! I knew he would be a huge player for us when we first got him in the draft. He will get better each game and I predict that he will be one of the premier defensive players in the NFL by the end of the season. He does need to hold on to those sure INT's though. :confused: I'm not sure why you think we are relying on him too much though. Remember, in the 'Cover 2' scheme, the safeties play up for the run and adjust to the pass. That's why you see the safeties involved more in tackles. It's not because the the opposing offense is getting deeper into the secondary. Also, in the "Cover 2", EVERYONE is flying to the bal;l, something we Ram fans haven't been used to seeing . I've never seen so many guys involved in almost every tackle. Watching the game on the tube, it seemed like every tackle on the 9ers involved 3 or more Rams! It's an incredible thing to watch! I am absolutely lovin every minute of it!

As for more plays being made at or behind the line of scrimmage, I think you will see more of that as the D-Line improves. Grant is not 100% yet and Lewis is still learning. As the season progresses we should see much more disruption of opposing offenses at or behind the line of scrimmage. Also, don't forget that the first 2 games were against mobile, scrambling QB's. The main objective is to keep them in the pocket, not flush them out where they are dangerous. Unfortunately, Jeff seemed to be able to find a seam a few times right in the middle of the line. But when we go up against pocket passers, we should definately see more stops at ot behind the line, and more sacks as well.

Jeff is definately Mr. Automatic since the begining of last season. It's great to know that we can count on him when we have to. However, I agree that we need to be scoring more TD's and less FG's (some improvement by the offense in the red zone would be nice).

:cool: As for Marshall, what can you say? The guy is incredible, repaired knees not withstanding. He has lost a step in overall speed because of it, but his moves are still the best in the NFL. The way he and Kurt always seem to be in a zone with each other is poetry to watch. Marshall always seems to know when Kurt is in trouble and finds an open spot, and Kurt always seems to know that Marshall is there when he needs him and is always able to find him for a safety valve when his other options aren't there. If we lost Marshall, our offense would really be hurt. I cringe every time I see him get hit.

Hakim is Hakim! Always capable of the big play, and at the same time he's always capable of the big gaff!:rolleyes:

Kurt's thumb is fine, as Martz keeps saying. It isn't 100%, but the two throws of over 20 yards he completed (one for a TD) were pretty as a picture. Too bad Bruce got his stripped away. the only ball that looked limp was the bomb Kurt tried to throw to Holt that fluttered like a lame duck. However, with appologies to John Madden, it had nothing to do with Kurt's thumb, but rather the famous winds in San Fran.

The penalties are getting ridiculous! Both games could have been and should have been blowouts if not for all the penalties! We've got to stop shooting ourselves in the foot. Like I've always said, only the Rams' offense can stop the Rams' offense. Let's learn how to block people!!!

Overall. we are 2-0 against two great teams on the road. We will only get better each game and the rest of the league had better watch out! Our Rams are on their way to the big show once again!
    SUPERBOWL BOUND!!!
    Ram4Ever

DODRAM is offline Registered User
    didn't meet Sanfran I did here people saying he was supposed to be there but I'm not sure that he was in the same crowd. But there were so many Rams fans there it was difficult to met them all. I did met GRITS for the first time after having read his posts lots of times

GO CLAYMORES : DEAD BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

Talking

Thanks for looking! I've read a lot of GRITS' posts also, never met him yet. He *reads* like he is quite a character & great RAMS fan. Some day I hope to hook up with him & other fans. The 'Herdfest' last year @ the StL/SF Sept. game was just undescribably soooo cool!

This years 'Herdfest was cancelled due to the Sept. 11th tradgedy. All of the $$ from the refunded tickets were donated to the HEROS in that travesty.
    Last edited by stlouy; -09-26-2001 at 02:29 PM.

MsWistRAM is offline Registered User
    Refunded tickets? I thought those were supposed to still be good for the makeup game in January.
    MsWistRAM-Hope, not expectation.

They are good!

Allow me to re-phrase my statement: The ticket holders WANT to donate the $$ refunded (If possible). The tickets ARE good for the make-up game.

2 Posts>>>

"ScRam, Ticket Info..."
    ScRam, I spoke with a lady at the ticket office today about possibly getting a refund. She
    said (after she said no refunds) they are looking at each situation on a case by case
    scenario. She said they have already refund $$ to people who got their military orders.
    She said because they are all on your credit card and you have the conf. #, you must be
    the contact person.

She also said, you'd need names and geographically locations for those requesting a refund. Didn't sound like any "locals" will be getting a refund.
    .......................................................................................

"Important Ticket Info..***PLEASE READ!!!***"
    Important HERDfest Ticket post....**PLEASE READ!**"
    I know several of you for various reasons will not be able to make it to the game.....
    I work in a plant of 700+.....I can most likely get rid of anybodies who needs me to...
    Remember, I gave $37 each for them & added $3 to cover my costs.......

I will get you $40 each out of your tickets....The word is out in my plant that I may have tickets & a line is already forming......

IMPORTANT!!!!
    I have moved since you sent me your money, so E me at herdfest2000@yahoo.com for my new mailing address before sending them to me....

A side note to those who may now want to go to the game who couldn't before(hint,hint Zack & Ewe!!).....You can E me also, but this is going to be a 1st come, 1st serve thing as I work my hardest to get all these hard working people back their money!!

Thanks!!!
    ScRAM®