Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lets be honest

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

Lets be honest

Do we really want this defence in the playoffs? Do we want to be emberassed that bad? I have tried to be optimistic but it just is not there. I am watching this game and I feel sick to my stomach. This defence sucks plain and simple. I wish I could sugar coat it but I cannot. Everytime a team does a shift at the line they look down right confused. This baffles me, this defence plays against a team that shifts on almost every play all week long. I mean who runs more shifts then the Rams? If anything they should be able to say hey he's in motion you move here you move here and we got it. Instead the whole defence seems to scramble around, I am just waiting for 2 players to run into each other b4 the ball is snapped. I dont care if it is Martz, Marmie, or the players. This team needs a defensive overhaul when this season ends.

LET'S GO DODGERS

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Re: Lets be honest

Really? I hadn't noticed. Any more nuggets of wisdom oh wise one? :redface:

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Actually, the defense played pretty darn well in the second half today.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Yes, I'd like to see this defense (meaning the rest of the team too) in the playoffs. Isn't that a no-brainer?
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Really? I hadn't noticed. Any more nuggets of wisdom oh wise one?
    Gee thanks for calling me wise. Most people just call me a wise a$$. I have been waiting for this approval for a long time. It is great that in a loss I could feel this joy, Thank you my friend.

Yes, I'd like to see this defense (meaning the rest of the team too) in the playoffs. Isn't that a no-brainer?
    Yeah your right. I would like to see this team in the playoffs I just really hate watching this defence go up and down all season. It is very frustrating that they are not playing with any type of consistancy.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

I hope you didn't take my comments too seriously.

With that in mind, do we deserve the playoffs? I think we deserve it more than the Seahawks seeing as we beat them not once, not twice.

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

I would declare anyone who feels this team DESERVES to be in the playoffs or is anywhere NEAR being a post season CONTENDER to be a "no brainer".

At least the Hawks went on the ROAD and beat a decent offensive club...the Rams cant go on the road right now and beat ANYONE!! The Queens woulda likely rumbled over the Rams like the Packers did. Havent those Packers looked like world beaters after the Monday night debacle!?!?

Things will NEVER improve until the placid moron is vanquished. Lets all gather into a big circle and sing CUMBAYA...everything will be great next year. I wonder which RB or QB(to convert to WR or DB) the Rams(I mean good ol Rainy) will take with their first pick(s) next year? Our hero.

sbramfan is offline Registered User

Beating the Seahawks twice does not make the Rams deserve it more than them... Having a better record at the end of the year would make them deserve it more.

Seattle currently has the better record, and IMHO, are the better team. And will very likely be the better team for the next couple years. I would love to believe the Rams will get this figured out during the offseason, but putting the spotty defense play, and terrible special teams aside, this offense is incapable of scoring 20 points.

It's a long day ahead, but we had some fun there for awhile.

DJRamFan is offline Registered User

With 6 interceptions, they should have been beat by a LOT more. There were times the Defense was OK, but there were other times when they weren't. I am expecting an overhaul likened to the one we saw after the 2000 season with Marmie putting in some of his own guys.
    DJRamFan
    ClanRam Fantasy Football Commissioner
    2003 & 2004 ClanRam Cup Champion

ClanRam

LONG LIVE MIKE MARTZ

NFL Champions: 1945, 1951
    NFC Champions: 1979, 1999, 2001
    Division Champions: 1945, 1949-1951, 1955, 1967, 1969, 1973-1979, 1985, 1999, 2001, 2003

Super Bowl XXXIV Champions

Kane is offline Registered User

Unfortunately, when you throw 6 interceptions in a game you are going to lose no matter how well your defense plays.

Losing the division will absolutely be hard to swallow. The Rams are the best team in that divion that is obvious. If we beat the Cards then it is a clean sweep of the division. The problem has become injuries. I do think the defence sucks, I do think the coaching is suspect, and I will also agree that this offensive line is quite offensive. Yet they are all good enough to win this division and compete with the NFC, (granted USC could beat most teams in the NFC this year) now though with the injury bug taking out 2 great players
    it will be tough. If the boys are not back by this upcoming weekend I say we will all be waiting for next year. I will hold off my judgement and critisism of Martz till draft day. I will be shocked if they fire him. Now when draft day comes if the pick gets wasted on a speedy receiver or RB or potential great QB I will be all over him. We need to maybe even trade up if possible to get 2 good DBS in the draft.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

txramsfan is offline Registered User

The Seahawks have to go play the Jets while we get to go play the team everyone is beating right now the Cardinals.

Let's see how we all feel after next week with two extremely tough games left on our schedule but they are at home.

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    The Seahawks have to go play the Jets while we get to go play the team everyone is beating right now the Cardinals.

Let's see how we all feel after next week with two extremely tough games left on our schedule but they are at home.
    Isn't that the horror of it? Within the space of seven hours, the NFL version of the Night of the Living Dead, could be clawing itself out of the grave once again. Fans will start screaming: "The Phoenix rises again!" And I will peek between my fingers to see which Dead Men are walking that week. Will it be demon spawn or zombies-'r-us? I'll be too afraid to look ...

Sorry If I have been a downer guys I just get way to into Football and I am trying to seperate myself from the dissapointment now rather the later. The only thing worse then failure is when it comes after hope. The injuries really put a damper on my mood. I saw a headline on a womens Mag last year(I was just checking at the model on the front) that said guys moods are affected by their favorite sports team. Anyone that knows me has had that information for years. I feel like Randy Quaid in Major league 2 right about now.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

It's interesting to think the Rams could go 6-0 in division play, meaning that when faced head to head against teams in their division they're undefeated, but might not represent that division in the playoffs. Does that strike anyone as somewhat odd?
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast