Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MaxinMO is offline Registered User

Lightbulb Let's just admit it

This is the best NFL team we will ever see play the game. I am so sick and tired of these gutless football "experts" putting an asterik on every comment they make about how great the RAMS are. They are so scared to come out and declare with authority the truth. We will never better be treated to a greater display of expertise, teamwork, sportsmanship, talent, guts and dominance. These RAMS are what the football gods envisioned when they gave us this game.Just admit it! We are lucky to be alive and have large screen TV and sports bars during these times.:angryram:

DODRAM is offline Registered User
    They're scared to be accused of jumping on the band wagon. Plus they think they'll look smart when one of the underdogs finally beats the Rams. Only problem is, they'll all be old and grey before that happens

GO CLAYMORES : DEAD BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

txramsfan is offline Registered User
    Hey this team is just possibly 4 less turnovers in just 2 games from being undefeated. Think about it, 13 or so turnovers in 2 losses and that loss spread was only 10 points. 10 points!!! With all those turnovers. I think this is one of the best teams ever, but Minnesota was 15-1 when it lost to the Falcons at home for the trip to the Super Bowl. This would be more of an upset, huge upset. If they get by this game though, and win it all, they should be considered one of the best.

Hit it on the head Tx, they have to at least win this one but preferably the next two to be up there with the great teams in history. The offense is already guaranteed some kudos but if they want respect as a TEAM they need to be in and win the SB:lid:

phantom is offline Registered User

Talking

**ADMIN NOTE**
    Normally I chase smack talkers into the smack area, but I will allow this once because this person obviously has no clue about what they are talking

Let's be honest, guys. Before you can be considered with the best teams of all time (laugh, laugh, chuckle, chuckle) your guys are going to have to do something about the turnovers. A -20 turnover ratio is abyssmal. That will be your achilles heel in this year's playoffs.

DJRamFan is offline Registered User
    yeah it was a real problem against Green Bay, man what are we going to do with those turnovers!
    DJRamFan
    ClanRam Fantasy Football Commissioner
    2003 & 2004 ClanRam Cup Champion

ClanRam

LONG LIVE MIKE MARTZ

NFL Champions: 1945, 1951
    NFC Champions: 1979, 1999, 2001
    Division Champions: 1945, 1949-1951, 1955, 1967, 1969, 1973-1979, 1985, 1999, 2001, 2003

Super Bowl XXXIV Champions

If winning 2 Super Bowls in 3 years doesn't make the Rams a great team then name me how many teams have won 3 successive Super Bowls?:confused:

RAMSWIN is offline Registered User
    Originally posted by phantom
    **ADMIN NOTE**
    Normally I chase smack talkers into the smack area, but I will allow this once because this person obviously has no clue about what they are talking

Let's be honest, guys. Before you can be considered with the best teams of all time (laugh, laugh, chuckle, chuckle) your guys are going to have to do something about the turnovers. A -20 turnover ratio is abyssmal. That will be your achilles heel in this year's playoffs.
    You have got to be kidding! What counts oh most uninformed and not very bright person are wins. Wins are something that happens when your team scores more points than your opponent. If you score less than your opponent, that is called a loss. If you lose more than you win, you don't make the playoffs. If you win more than you lose, sometimes, by the grace of God, you get a chance to go to the playoffs. The last playoff game is called the Super Bowl. This game is called the Super Bowl because it matches the 2 best teams of both conferences (conferences will be discussed in lesson 2). In the end, the team that scores the most points, wins the Super Bowl. I know it's complicated, but try and understand.

Turnovers were a sore spot with this team for a good part of the year but that problem has been addressed and taken care of. The Rams won yesterday and had zero (that's 0) turnovers.

Now, could you tell me what the turnover ratio was for the teams that are considered the "best of all time"? Since it seems so important to you when considering who the best are, you should be able to rattle them off like your ABC's.
    Does anybody here remember Vera Lynne? Remember how she said that we would meet again, some sunny day? -Pink Floyd-

Bulldog is offline Registered User
    I understand your point, but the comparison you are making does not water

All that matters is if you win or lose. If a team is +100 and goes 0-16, they suck. If a team in -100 and are undefeated they will still me considered the best team ever.

Plus/minus is but one stat, and no team has ever lead the league in all stats.

If you really wish to argue this point, I would suggest you focus on our special teams play (specifially the kick return coverage). Although I still believe this is the best team in NFL history, our biggest risk in the SB will be our kick return coverage.

Best wishes,
    Bulldog

Spot on Bulldog and that's why they have to win this Sunday. Winning is everything.

Does anyone outside of Buffalo think they had a great team when they got to four successive SB's and lost?

The Limey is offline Registered User
    Originally posted by DODRAM
    Does anyone outside of Buffalo think they had a great team when they got to four successive SB's and lost?
    I think they were pretty damn good. To win four championships (yes, even in the AFC) is no mean feat.
    And if Scott Norwood hadn't shanked that kick in the first SB against the Giants, who knows what that team could have achieved?
    Not a patch on the Rams, though.

MaxinMO is offline Registered User
    **ADMIN NOTE**

Yeah and they are STILL going to the SuperBowl!. They can spot other teams extra touches and still beat 'em. Sounds pretty great to me!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Let's be honest, guys. Before you can be considered with the best teams of all time (laugh, laugh, chuckle, chuckle) your guys are going to have to do something about the turnovers. A -20 turnover ratio is abyssmal. That will be your achilles heel in this year's playoffs. [/B]
    Actually, the ratio was minus 10. Take into the playoffs, and the ration falls dramatically to -1. With our squad, I will take the -1 turnover so far this season thank you.

DEADLY-O is offline Registered User

Dynasty

No matter which way you look at it, these guys are some of the best to ever play....This isn't the last you've seen of them. What, do you think they're just going to fall on there faces next year. The Rams orginization will be one to contend with many years down the road. We've got a good thing going here in St. Louis, and it is only a matter of time before the so called "experts" start mentioning the word dynasty.....This is my view :lid:

28rulz is offline Registered User
    We deserve praise from all media, hoever after watching ESPN2... those guys have their favorites and they aren't willing to give them up. I guess they are what you'd call a loyal fan. And thats OK because all Rams loyals know, the evidence speaks for itself. They also, as said earlier, don't want to look like fools if their predictions are wrong....Wait till its over though...they will all look silly when they give credit just a little too late.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast