Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By lukebailey
  • 1 Post By BEER
  • 1 Post By MoonJoe

Thread: Let's keep some perspective

lukebailey is offline Registered User

Let's keep some perspective

I was as disappointed as any of you to see what transpired today.

Luckily, we weren't the only team with high hopes to get romped.

ATL: 12
    CHI: 30

PIT: 7
    BAL: 35

IND (admittedly without Manning): 7
    TEX: 34

KC: 7
    BUFF: 41 (who saw that coming?)

And that's just the first half of the day.

We got beat by a better team, a team that is possibly the most talented in the past ten years.

We will be back, and unlike the rest of these teams, we're in the NFC West. I'm not ready to lose hope in the front office- they made a misjudgment on the receiving core, and it will be fixed.

We need to prepare for a losing start, but the second half of our schedule is soft as pudding. If we can get two or three wins in the next five games were gunna be OK.
    Rambunctious likes this.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Re: Let's keep some perspective

Ah that's cool. We got killed but we weren't the only team that got killed. I feel better now!

And seriously, let's not crown the Eagles. They are one of the most over-rated teams in all of sports. They're very good, but "most talented team in the past ten years"? No.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Don't forget the Steelers turned the ball over 7 times. Yikes. The injuries are concerning, but we were playing a great team, and lost our weapons that could attack their main weakness, so we had to go at their strength, and it's a darn good strength, and they were better. 15 more games to go. Season isn't over by a long shot.

Spiderwolf is offline Registered User

I want to know whats with all the little dump passes that net gains of 2 or 3 yards. Why doesnt Bradford throw the ball down the field more often. This was a problem last year as far as Im concerned. Too many short passes that gain very little.

lostsoul is offline Registered User

Jackson doesn't get hurt its a completely different game.

BEER is offline Registered User

Dude, Really?
    g tha problem likes this.

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderwolf View Post
    I want to know whats with all the little dump passes that net gains of 2 or 3 yards. Why doesnt Bradford throw the ball down the field more often. This was a problem last year as far as Im concerned. Too many short passes that gain very little.
    He CAN'T. Never saw him have more than 3 seconds. Our line was like a sieve ... which was perhaps most disturbing of all.
    If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.

sonnyjames is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Frye View Post
    He CAN'T. Never saw him have more than 3 seconds. Our line was like a sieve ... which was perhaps most disturbing of all.
    This is exactly the problem - and the age old one of receivers not having the pace or separation downfield, in any case. We knew that eight months ago tho.

Ironmaidenram is offline Registered User

Not going downfield has to be the OC's problem, he is the one calling the plays right??

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

Not necessarily,the WR's cant get seperation or get open.But like said before we knew this since last season our WR's are subpar but we as fans have to deal with it and look for bright spots.None of them would be a #1 or 2 on any squad but they are for us.We have a bunch of #3's and worse playing in starter roles.We needed to get a legitimate #1 and we didnt,Sam cant run the route and throw to himself he needs the wr's to get open and he cant throw to them.The play calling clearly called for a heavy dose of the run which worked with cadillac imagine what SJ could of done.We need better receivers for our offense to actually grow.Short dumps all day wont work we cant stretch the field for **** and teams will figure us out soon enough just as they did at the end of last season and started to make Sam look subpar.We need quality wideouts or Sam will never be able to reach his full potential.

Rampingitup Guest

I am glad someone started a thread with that title. We all need to keep perspective. We played a playoff caliber team with a chance of going all the way. We are STILL in building mode. The only way we were going to win this game was being on our A game the whole time. Drop Jackson and the odds got longer. I am just as mad as everyone else with all the dropped passes. You give us back even just HALF of those drops that the game is much different. rookies I can cut a little slack by most of the drops came from veterans. Men that KNOW they must catch the ball when it hits them in the hands.

As for Sam, he got pressured, but a lot of that would have disappeared with Steven still in, and those dropped passes caught. The Eagles would have had to adjust.

Having said that I am still disappointed. I expect us to win every week, and hate it when we lose.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderwolf View Post
    I want to know whats with all the little dump passes that net gains of 2 or 3 yards.
    If I'm not mistaken, that is the core of the "alleged" West Coast offense"...
    Rammed likes this.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood