Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    AHA .... good one 14darams

Now answer that txramsfan hehehehehe

Rams13 Guest
    I believe nose IS a definite factor in all sports, especially football. Why do you think some teams have such a hard time playing at Milehigh Stadium, or the Silverdome? It's because as on offense it is so hard to hear the plays being called when you are faced with noise like that. Also noise is a benefit for the home team as the fans truly become like a player on the field, the noise and intensity really helps pump up the players. So as I'm sure some players try to tune out the noise it's virtually impossible in every situation.

HornedHell Guest

Thumbs up St Louis Fans and the Dome

Even though I prefer Los Angeles to St. Louis and the ripped up baseball field to the TWA Dome, the fans and city of St Louis have been awesome in my book. Sure they may have given up in that game against the Redskins on MNF but they were there in force when the Rams first came to St Louis and SUCKED! Now that the Rams win it is just like every other city...Tickets that are in demand go to the people with the money who want to go to the game because it is the "trendy" thing to do and these people wont think twice about packing it up early to get the jump on traffic. That is just the way it goes nowadays. What do you want? People suck.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Noise is NOT nasty!...

You got it 14darams - WarnerFan78 - RamDez!

Noise is what it's all about! Noise, I mean REAL NOISE reflects genuine support from genuine fans to the local team, our team! The players can sense it --and in fact, often encourage it themselves by waving towels, arms - just wanting the ruckus! No noise is like a lame rocket during take-off.

What you want is a blasting, loud take-off AND a roaring thunder t-h-r-o-u-g-h-o-u-t its flight! [Silence comes when out of this world]...

The opposing team can sense it too. Never mind their experience, poise and ability to "shut it off." It is still a factor in the overall performance, that is, negative to the visiting team, positive for our guys.

A LOUD CROWD IS A GOOD CROWD. The lowder, the better!

A rowdy crowd, now that's something different...

:cool: ALLLLLRITE!... :cool: and collected:

"Ladies and gentlemen, guys and galz, lads and lassies, put on your Ram horns and let's [help] get the Rams ...eRRR-READEEE TOOOOOO R-R-R-R-U-M-B-O-L!!!!"

"HOO!-HOO!-HOO!-HOO!!!" GO RAMS!!! YEAAAHH!!!
    Last edited by RealRam; -07-27-2001 at 01:21 PM.

txramsfan is offline Registered User
    Well, in that same argument, did it really affect us last year at Tampa Bay? I just think it's a little overrated. Hey, if it helps the Rams win, make noise. I'm all for the final goal, the Super Bowl.

As a matter of fact......

I was at the first Monday night game last year against the Broncos. Sat at the very top, but yelled my Ram off. Was hoarse for 2 days. Will probably be the same way this year when I get to see the beloved Rams play the Whiners Dec. 9. It is so much fun to make noise, it helps you enjoy the game. However, I just don't see it being that much of a factor. If you execute on the field, you can win anywhere. However, I do enjoy trying to be at least a part of the game.

Thumbs up Well said...

Well said my friend! That's the spirit!

Yes, it would be kind of sad for any team to "need" all that record setting, high-decibels-level of noisy excitement, cheers and comotion from the public to win.

Philosophically :rolleyes: per se, it's just an inherent part of the worldly nature of sports.

I liked your 'whatever it takes, gotta-do-what-u-gotta-do' willingness to win, TXRamsFan. After all, like the Rams themselves say, "Gotta go to work!"

GO RAMS!!!

You know what would be great crowd noise? 3rd and 9 for the defense!!!!!!!!!!

Hey DOD?

How is that for some replies?

NOBODY wants the Rams to win more. I still wish Pat Thomas was an inch taller, that way he would have deflected that pass to Stallworth.

AHA .... good one 14darams

Now answer that txramsfan hehehehehe

RamDez, the more I think about it, I imagine Jevon Kearse had more to do with Miller's offside penalties than crowd noise. After the 1st half, he was a different player. They settled him down at half, because it was just as loud in the 2nd half as the first, we just didnt' execute.

Just a thought.

RamDeZ

Waiting on your reply, if you are a REAL football fan, you may see the logic in my argument.

Question Huh?...

:confused: Say what? I'm not RamDez, can't answer the issue on Kearse / Miller ...but this thing on n-o-i-s-e is getting kind of noisy, and I'm afraid that that sometimes turns an interesting discussion into an illogical argument, or at best, annoying? :confused:

How about we let it go until the real ruckus begins?

Let's GO! GO RAMS!!! ["Hey, quiet down over there!" Hush... ]
    Last edited by RealRam; -07-29-2001 at 08:02 PM.

No,

I was called to the carpet, and that means lets talk about knowledge and football.

Smile Dosen't matter

Dosen't matter. No matter what we say in here, the Rams have to execute on the field.

HornedHell Guest

Question Noise.

Kearse had EVERYTHING to do with those jitters...Hahaha..It is not like in the 2nd half it was suddenly silent. It was all about execution. Noise can be an advantage but ever so slight. It is more of an inconvience and cant decide a game....For the fans it is great and at the beginning of the game it gets everyone fired up but after that....Alot of times noise can cause the odd false start or delay of game penalty and that could lead to frustration and some jitters, but mental toughness will nullify that every time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast