ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

Let's not be so quick to panic!

The Rams played uninspired ball today.

Although I am not the biggest Bulger fan at this point of his career, I am not ready to throw him under the proverbial bus. Marc did have a laser for our only TD, but missed a lot of wide open receivers and had a fumble. Another other fumble was ruled a forward pass, right or wrong it doesn't matter. 19/34 for 185 is not an "elite" Qb but then there was little running game to be afraid of.

Jackson showed some desire and potential but I was not happy with the way the shoe-string tackles stopped him so readily. 22 carries for 103 yds and a long of 14 is journeyman stuff. But then there was little passing game to be afraid of.

Offensive line.. was there one? 6 sacks?!?

Defense.. a let down after last week? They thought the whiners would look at last week's game film and not show? Too many big plays killed us. Particularly pass plays. Pass plays of 72 and 56 ....

Injuries were a factor, but both teams had them and the back-ups are supposed to be able to hold the fort for a week or two?

The upside? It is only week 2 and we have only one loss. Only one game out of first.

There needs to be a decided upturn in th elearning curve here fairly soon lest the "wait 'til next year" mentality takes root.

RnD

GO RAMS!!:l

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Let's not be so quick to panic!

I must say I am disappointed and totally surprised at the end result of this game. I was sure that the defensive stats would be the complete opposite. Whiners 6 sacks, Rams 0 ??? What is that about. Bulger one of the most accurate QB's in the NFL ?? Didn't look that way. The 56 yard pass play to Battle had a bit of Whiner luck attched to it, the ball was tipped by a Rams defender prior to the catch. After going into the locker room at half with the lead and momentum. Then allowing the long kick-off return to start the second half, kiss the momentum good bye. That Bulger fumble was very weak play by the O-line and Bulger as well, he should have been able to hold on to the ball and take the sack. The other long pass play by the Whiners was a break down by the secondary. I don't think any team in the NFL ever plays the perfect game it's just that we are used to the offense being able to over come the mistakes. We must remember this is a work in progress.( see Dick Vermeil) How many years did it take the GSOT to arrive. We have the right staff, just don't don't have all the right pieces in place yet. I have confidence that we are heading in the right direction just need some time. Say maybe 2 -3 years.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Say maybe 2 -3 years. --LARAM0
    2-3 years?!? :O

Just kidding -- I know what you mean. I only hope that Coach Linehan and company can make it happen in 2-3 weeks. Otherwise, RnD's ... "'wait 'til next year' mentality takes root" becomes a grave premonition.

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

The wait till next year approach is just about there already and if we ose to the cards then it will be a definite
    Torry Holt Dont play that

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by letsgoramz View Post
    The wait till next year approach is just about there already and if we ose to the cards then it will be a definite
    I disagree. The more you play and practice, the better you become, the more comfortable you're at it. Anything can happen in football, just leave it be for now.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams