VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Let's Play Longball!

Quote from the cover of Sports illustrated, along with a photo of Flipper Anderson.
    IIRC, that was Pre- the season we got killed by the***** in the playoffs - ('88?)

This year, however, the Rams just can't, other than the ocassional bomb to DX, (assuming he doesn't stumble). The rams are built for the short-intermediate passing game, given the WR corps, i.e., DA, GP, GS, BG, BJ , LK, and MH, which is fine with me.

Three of these guys are rookies, (WITH NO OTA'S AND THE OTHER OFF-SEASON STUFF), which I feel is looming very large at this point, and yes, I realize the whole league went without, but given rebuilding, 2nd year QB, new system and lack of reps, as pissed off as I am, I'm still inclined to give the team a small pass at this point.

I think he'll be fine, but I just hope SB survives all this, both mentally and physically.
    I think Spags and BD had no choice but to kind of 'sink or swim' with the rookies due to lack of evaluation time, are kinda' sinking at this point.

Look, the Rams weren't going anywhere this year anyway, and anyone who thought (thinks) this, is more of a pollyanna than I am, and that's saying something. I think it should be Spag's last year however, if (regardless of record), the team isn't looking like a contender by the end of the season.

And it's Kroenke's first year as well - as the main guy - and I'm sure there's a small learning curve for him as it pertains to the Rams, regardless of his role a owner of other franchises.

I was really looking forward to this season, (still am, though not as much), but feel it was too much too soon, as in the planets lining up, but not in a good way. I'm glad for McD's confidence in SB, but feel that was a bit premature as well, especially given the WR situation.
    Couple of other random thoughts - I've never been a huge Bartell fan, but realize now he's pretty huge in the scheme of things, even if he can't turn around or catch. And it's easy to bang on King, (and DS, a rookie in his first start), but check the tapes and you'll see Flacco had all flippin' day - just sayin'.

I didn't think this belonged on the "Roll Call" thread, but after 50 years, I'm there as well - We'll just have to wait a few more years.

Keep the Faith!
    Last edited by VegasRam; -09-27-2011 at 06:37 PM.

"the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".