jdpbmo is offline Registered User

Lets save all the

proud of our boys, what a great year, we had some terrific accomplishments, and all that other crap for another day. What kind of defense did they play on that drive? How can you go into a "back up and let them get chunks of yards at a time" defense? What exactly was Lovie calling? I am filled with a tremendous amount of negativity right now just because of the embarrasement we showed for 3 quarters in the biggest game of the year. That forth quarter we showed how good we could be, but then in an instance we let a snot-nose drive right up the field with practically no time on the clock and no timeouts to use. How can anyone justify or rationalize what happened out there? Certainly not by the "thanks for the terrific year boys" or "now we've got something to build on for next year"? Congrats to the Pats for doing what they had to. Their defense was super for 3 quarters and their game plan worked to a tee. Not one player on their team was outstanding until the last drive of the game when Brady was unstoppable and Vinetari was gold. When the Rams scored to tie it up I told my wife that the two problems the Rams had were first, Troy Brown was an outstanding return man and we needed to prevent him from getting a big return. Second, I told her that they had the best field goal kicker in the game and there was still about a minute and 22 seconds left. Now if I am a big football fan, yet far from coach material, wouldn't you think the Rams players and the coaches would be aware of these two very crucial things. I hope to god they weren't in some sort of prevent in the end.

28rulz is offline Registered User
    You are right..but so are the congrats and all the other stuff.We are all disappointed but what good will it do to replay all our wrongs ...we can only move forward and our part as fans is to be there,loyal and faithful..even when we screw up. Imagine how the team feels!:upset:

dogg is offline Registered User
    I agreee with you, jd. The Rams showed great heart by overcoming their mistakes and had all the momentum in the fourth quarter only to let the pats cash in on a last second field goal to win the game. When they needed a stop they couldn't get it. Congrats to the pats, but the feeling here is that they dodged bullets all throughout the playoffs. With a tougher schedule next year, they should wind up back on the scrap heap where they belong, while the Rams will be the favorites to win it all!

let me make something clear b/4

everyone starts hitting me with incorrect slams. I say again incorrect slams. The Pats did a magnificant job of doing what they had to do to win. Their game plan was better. Their coaching staff was better. I could go on, but I won't....suffice to say their entire team was better for at least 3 quarters of play. My congrats to the victors, but spoils go to the losing team. I say losing team and not losers. I felt the way they played for 3 quarters was embarrassing and that's what I'm pissed about. I know I probably shouldn't have even posted a message because emotions aren't exactly positive right now. I know the team feels bad and most likely worse than the fans. It being such a huge game I just can't understand why they wouldn't come out to play their best game. That may not exactly sound politically correct or anything, but when you hear players say they are either going to win or leave it on the field, well for 3 quarters I don't think all of our players left it on the field. I will say I am proud of the fact they fought through the adversity of the turnovers and being behind the entire game to come back and tie it up with less than 2 minutes left was thrilling. Why quit playing aggressively the last 1:22 of the game. They weren't playing to win then, they were playing not to lose...and that's normally just what happens, you lose. Sorry for the negativity, but that's what these boards are for...expression of ideas, thoughts...even if they aren't what everyone wants to hear.

harkin-9 is offline Registered User
    JD, I'm pissed too. To see such horrible play and such poor decisions by my team is sickening. For three quarters I watched the Ram offense play uninspired football and the Ram defense, while doing admirably, not hitting anywhere near as hard as their New England counterparts.

Warner's decisions before the 4th quarter were horrible. How many times did he throw into double coverage?

Congrats to the Patriots, their defense played gonzo on every play and their offense put the kicker in position to win at the end.

DODRAM is offline Registered User
    Warners throws are a credit to the D and their coaches, he was getting very little open to throw to

GO CLAYMORES : DEAD BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

thanks Harkin

you may be the first person to post something I totally agree with

mxbrian is offline Registered User

Unhappy Lost

Me, not the Rams. I'm lost. I'm still shocked.

Great game, solid effort by the Patriots.

However.....

Kordell Stewart made an interesting comment after they lost to the Patriots. "Sometimes the better team doesn't win"

I thought that was a stupid comment at the time, but now I'm thinking it was genious.

Clearly the Rams are the better team, but that is why the game must be played. The better team lost.

Congrats to the Pats. Thank God we won in 99/00 or I'd be a lot more depressed than I am today.

:lid:
    RamSpud

The Limey is offline Registered User

Re: Lost

Originally posted by mxbrian

Clearly the Rams are the better team, but that is why the game must be played. The better team lost.
    To be honest, I hate it when teams lose and try and suggest it wasn't the right result or the fair outcome.
    The better team did win. They played harder than us and smarter than us.
    There just seemed to be that little extra desire and belief about the Pats, and they deserved everything they got.
    As did we.
    Last edited by The Limey; -02-04-2002 at 02:03 PM.

PerthshireRam is offline Registered User
    The Patriots looked the better team even at the introductions. Played the game they had to play, seemed to get alot of confidence from our inability to really do anything in the first quarter. Never let our playmakers on defence get anywhere near the ball. Still cant believe our defense on the last drive howerver?....

Went to work this morning, not really wanting to be there, but hey tell me one person whom hasn`t been embarrassed or humiliated by a sports team that they support, its not the be all and end all, there`s always the next game, season or championship to regain that pride.

:shield:

Thought the halftime show was great though, pity I paused the video recorder, and Mariah looked stunning.
    Last edited by PerthshireRam; -02-04-2002 at 01:38 PM.
    Artificial Intelligence Is No Match For Natural Stupidity.

dpierce is offline Registered User

Gotta disagree with you here...

Originally posted by dogg
    With a tougher schedule next year, they should wind up back on the scrap heap where they belong, while the Rams will be the favorites to win it all!
    NO team "gets lucky," gets to the Big Show, and wins it all. The fact is almost no one (including me) thought the Patriots would win it all (although I did think they'd cover the spread). Belichick is the mastermind that clamped down the "K-Gun" offense of the Bills in 1990. He's a master defensive coach - probably the best in the league. If any coach could derail the Rams O, it was Belichick.

As for schedule, that's overrated. This isn't college, where strength of schedule determines whether or not you go to a bowl game. Because of parity, the difference between the strongest and weakest schedules is about a 10 point winning percentage. Not a lot of difference in my opinion.
    There will never be a perfect world as long as there are people on it.

dogg is offline Registered User
    the Rams play the pats next week and they will still be the favorites to win. the Rams are THAT good. this was the pats year, that's why they won. and schedule does play a big part. how did last year's SB dog, the giants, do with a tougher sked!

ILRamfan is offline Registered User

The Rams Beat The Patriots

Yeah, you heard me........The Rams Beat The Patriots! If you don't believe me, check the stats. The Rams whupped those guys from one end of the field to the other. The offense was almost unstoppable, piling up over 400 yards! The defense was stifling, holding Brady to less than 150 yards.

The only place the Rams didn't beat the Patriots? The score, the only measure that counts in a game.