ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

lets take a deep breath....

okay, i understand almost all of us are upset about bruce being cut. i am too. this happened a few years ago and we resigned him again. just relax. i know it isnt easy but hey its a way of life in the nfl. ive referred to it before and i will again, if the niners could let jerry rice leave and play(5 more seasons i belive?) then it could happen to bruce too.

we've been talking about it for weeks and we knew it was coming most likely. i understand everyones anger and frustration, but one way or another bruce was destined to leave the rams at one point or another.

just saying my opinion

Built RAM tough

Mooselini Guest

Re: lets take a deep breath....

I see your point of view. But you gotta understand, the Niners were probably upset when they let Jerry Rice go. We are going to be just as upset.

Like Linehan said, resigning him is a possibility.

exactly, i really hope we re sign him. no doubt in my mind that the niners were upset, not saying im not upset because i am, but i was just saying how its a way of life in the nfl

Bruce will be missed if not brought back, good luck to him(exept w/ the whiners)
    Built RAM tough

Mooselini Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ramsplaya16 View Post
    exactly, i really hope we re sign him. no doubt in my mind that the niners were upset, not saying im not upset because i am, but i was just saying how its a way of life in the nfl

Bruce will be missed if not brought back, good luck to him(exept w/ the whiners)
    Exactly. He's still going to remain one of my all time favorites.

no doubt man. i may not have been a fan as long as most of these people because im so young, but i have so much knowledge of the team, and i know what its like to lose a person like bruce, basically the heart of the offense.

im gonna be honest, i have a good feeling about him coming back. but what was up with him rejecting the contract they offered him?
    Built RAM tough

Mooselini Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ramsplaya16 View Post
    no doubt man. i may not have been a fan as long as most of these people because im so young, but i have so much knowledge of the team, and i know what its like to lose a person like bruce, basically the heart of the offense.

im gonna be honest, i have a good feeling about him coming back. but what was up with him rejecting the contract they offered him?
    I think its a legitimate reason. He doesnt want to be paid less than his back up (Bennett).

He might not find any better offers in the FA except from NE and SF.

i know what your saying, and your totally right
    Built RAM tough

moklerman Guest

They didn't "offer" him a contract for $3 million, they wanted to weasel out of the restructured contract that he agreed to before last year--to help the team and so he could remain a Ram. Thanks sucker. Hit the streets. That'll teach players that expect the Rams to honor a deal or take care of it's leaders and legends.

chiguy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman View Post
    They didn't "offer" him a contract for $3 million, they wanted to weasel out of the restructured contract that he agreed to before last year--to help the team and so he could remain a Ram. Thanks sucker. Hit the streets. That'll teach players that expect the Rams to honor a deal or take care of it's leaders and legends.
    Oh come on, Ike didn't wake up yesterday. He knew that unless he played at an extremely high level, he wasn't going to see this roster bonus.

The Rams didn't do anything that any team in the NFL doesn't do, so its not like they're somehow crapping on their players and no one else does. There isn't another team in the NFL that would've paid that roster bonus.

He's been a great player for us and I wish he could stick around, but the reality of the situation is it wasn't going to happen. That's especially true after they signed Bennett (which is what you *should* be pissed at the FO over).

itsguud is offline Registered User

AHHHHHHHHHH, why is Drew "the wuss" Bennett ruining our TEAM, BAH

LinkBacks (?)

1. -02-28-2008, 11:39 PM