Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Lets talk about Bulger

The Rams sure made a good decision with this kid. Throughout the entire year the kid has done nothing but got better week to week. He has shown he posses leadership, a certain calm, mobility, heart and most of toughness. He has bounced back from some tremendous hits throughout the season with not even a whimper.

I like this kid more and more each week. He deserves some kudos for the job he has done this season. He has been one of the mainstays on this team and has never done anything for the criticism he got in the past. It is time to step up and we all start recognizing the quarterback we have. He may not of bagged groceries or came from no where to the top of the NFL But no one can deny, he has lead this team through tons of adversity and has taken the unprovoked criticism like a man. He continues to push forward when all seemed lost in many fans eyes.

Hats of to you Marc Bulger!!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Lets talk about Bulger

Here here!
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Don't you know, Jason... you'll never get a discussion going by posting something positive - especially about Bulger. I tried a similar post last week (noting Bulger's consistency from game to game this year) and got virtually no responses.

Now, if you want to get a lot of responses, try one of these topics:

(1) Mike Martz is an idiot
    (2) The Rams won't make the playoffs
    (3) Anything criticizing naysayers

Good luck!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AR
    Don't you know, Jason... you'll never get a discussion going by posting something positive - especially about Bulger. I tried a similar post last week (noting Bulger's consistency from game to game this year) and got virtually no responses.
    But isn't that a good thing? The threads that have tons of posts involve something controversial with multiple points and counterpoints. But a post praising Bulger's current performance won't get many replies for the same reason there won't be many posts on threads about how good Faulk's or Aeneas' or Bruce's career has been; it's not controversial. There is no counter-point. If you'd posted this last year, there would have been all kinds of viewpoints, but now he's playing great, one of the best QBs in the league.

When there's no counter-point to argue, there's limited posts...and in this case that's a good thing.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

You know, HU, that is a nice glass-is-half-full viewpoint. I hadn't thought of that.

Now shut the Hell up!

Maybe that will get things going! :tongue:

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    You know, HU, that is a nice glass-is-half-full viewpoint. I hadn't thought of that.

Now shut the Hell up!

Maybe that will get things going! :tongue:
    Did you guys hear that? Avenger invoked Satan. Avenger praises Bulger. Therefore, those who praise Bulger are Satan-worshippers!

Just trying to do my part, AR.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Hear what you are saying Avenger. I guess maybe that is why I was trying to start a positive thread here.

We have had a lot of good things happen to us this year with a lot of bumps in the road. But all in all, you have to admit we are still a pretty solid football team and Martz has made a lot of good decisions...not all is bad. Some people would rather persecute Martz and belittle Bulger. Rather, I guess I choose to look at it as we are only getting better and still learning.

I like the Bulger. And things I worried about a year ago are long gone with him. Can you imagine what this kid might be like in a couple years. The only regret I have is that we didn't sign him longer than 3 years.

afrightertoo is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Avenger invoked Satan. Avenger praises Bulger. Therefore, those who praise Bulger are Satan-worshippers!
    Now that was some algorithm or transitive property thinga-ma-gig. Even that is obvious to me.

You were right Avenger. We can fill up two pages on one subject about Warner and how great he is or what could have been, but can't find anything to talk about with Bulger.

I bet it would be different if he had a crappy year. THEN everyone would be coming in droves to talk it up.

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    You were right Avenger. We can fill up two pages on one subject about Warner and how great he is or what could have been, but can't find anything to talk about with Bulger.

I bet it would be different if he had a crappy year. THEN everyone would be coming in droves to talk it up.
    If Bulger was folding this year, Nick wouldn't be the only one approaching 2000 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    If Bulger was folding this year, Nick wouldn't be the only one approaching 2000 posts.
    You're right... I'd be approaching 3,000.

general counsel Guest

I have posted a similar thread three times now. Jason, i am 100% in agreement with you. If he only had real time to throw......

general counsel

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I've always liked Bulger. Especially after what he came in and did in 2002. I knew we had a quaterback for the future. My problem was that I wanted him to wait his turn. I wanted Warner to get a fair shot and prove one way or another what he did or did not have left. I will always believe that Bulger, through absolutely no fault of his own, was thrown into the fire too soon.

He was at times last year shakey, unsure, mistake prone and downright bad. He was also at times last year solid, confident, unshakable and brilliant. I didn't like his deep ball, I didn't like his inability to check off or make quick multiple reads and I didn't like his preponderance for interceptions. My attitude was that if he was going to be the guy, the learning curve had to be over and he needed to pull it all together this year.

Well here we are today and as far as I'm concerned, Bulger has done everything I expected and more. All facets of his game have been solid, he has corrected all his shortcomings, shown he is a leader and made a believer out of me. I can honestly say I am thrilled Marc Bulger is our quarterback.

Nice post, Mike. It's interesting, though, how you say you thought he was thrown into the fire too soon, but then also say that his learning curve had to be over this year if he was in fact the guy. I'm not quite sure I understand that, but I think you hit the nail dead on with everything else.

fearlessone is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    I've always liked Bulger. Especially after what he came in and did in 2002. I knew we had a quaterback for the future. My problem was that I wanted him to wait his turn. I wanted Warner to get a fair shot and prove one way or another what he did or did not have left. I will always believe that Bulger, through absolutely no fault of his own, was thrown into the fire too soon.

He was at times last year shakey, unsure, mistake prone and downright bad. He was also at times last year solid, confident, unshakable and brilliant. I didn't like his deep ball, I didn't like his inability to check off or make quick multiple reads and I didn't like his preponderance for interceptions. My attitude was that if he was going to be the guy, the learning curve had to be over and he needed to pull it all together this year.

Well here we are today and as far as I'm concerned, Bulger has done everything I expected and more. All facets of his game have been solid, he has corrected all his shortcomings, shown he is a leader and made a believer out of me. I can honestly say I am thrilled Marc Bulger is our quarterback.
    Well said and well supported by you and the other clannies that have put their biases behind them and shown class towards supporting their new QB in HIS ERA.

Long live Bulger's success and the rest of the contributing RAMS studs too.

Go Marshall & Trev Faulk my Louisiana and SDSU & LSU bros' :redface:
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast