Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Aries51 is offline Registered User

Re: Lets talk about Bulger

Bulger has definitely been a bright spot on this team this year.The kid has ice water running through his veins and he is not soft or fragile.He has remained calm and cool,even when things were going badly around him.Bulger is developing into a quiet leader and I expect big things from him in the future.

ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

moklerman Guest

I bet it would be different if he had a crappy year. THEN everyone would be coming in droves to talk it up.
    And this type of thread is partly why I was so down on the whole Bulger situation last year. Bulger's doing great. We all think so. We've all said so. We've all agreed with each other about thinking so.

But we have to have a thread whining about how he isn't praised "enough"? Wah, wah, wah, people aren't praising Bulger enough. I've heard many people complain about the continuing conversations about Warner but they never seem to stop bringing him up as a weapon against those of us who are fans of his.

Some people make it hard to root for the guy. "Hey, Bulger's doing great. Nothing to complain about. He's got nothing to do with the problems the Rams have had on offense. He's improved his deep ball. He's improved his decision making. He's making improvements to all facets of his game."

Pagan! Heathen! Warnerite! You've shall bow down and toss Bulger's salad. And you still won't be worthy!

elAcky Guest

Bulger is the teams MVP this year ... no doubt about it...

I just wonder whether he could be league MVP someday if he sat behind a decent OL...

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    And this type of thread is partly why I was so down on the whole Bulger situation last year. Bulger's doing great. We all think so. We've all said so. We've all agreed with each other about thinking so.

But we have to have a thread whining about how he isn't praised "enough"? Wah, wah, wah, people aren't praising Bulger enough. I've heard many people complain about the continuing conversations about Warner but they never seem to stop bringing him up as a weapon against those of us who are fans of his.

Some people make it hard to root for the guy. "Hey, Bulger's doing great. Nothing to complain about. He's got nothing to do with the problems the Rams have had on offense. He's improved his deep ball. He's improved his decision making. He's making improvements to all facets of his game."

Pagan! Heathen! Warnerite! You've shall bow down and toss Bulger's salad. And you still won't be worthy!
    Well mokler, honestly, that's how I started to feel about Warner. I didn't hate the guy, but his following was making me crazy. Anyway, I can understand where you are coming from. Sometimes, when he throws the ball into coverage, I watch the play with one eye open. Other times, especially on third down, I'm probably the most calm because Bulger has shown consistently that he can get the pass to the spot needed for the first down.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    But we have to have a thread whining about how he isn't praised "enough"?
    He's arguably been the team's best and most consistent player this season, and of two threads that have been started about him this week, one has made it to the second page... barely.

From my perspective, it just seems as if some people would rather spend their time criticizing him than praising him, or perhaps have a lot more to say in that situation. Your attitude regarding this thread seems to support this, as I don't think I've ever heard you say that too many people are criticizing Bulger.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

elAcky Guest

Human nature not tp praise people but to critise them... its all good for bulger

moklerman Guest

From my perspective, it just seems as if some people would rather spend their time criticizing him than praising him, or perhaps have a lot more to say in that situation. Your attitude regarding this thread seems to support this, as I don't think I've ever heard you say that too many people are criticizing Bulger.
    RamFan: "I think Bulger is playing great. He's definitely the team's MVP"
    Bulgerite: "I think you're wrong, Bulger is playing better than great, he should be MVP of the NFL. Why do you have to hate Bulger? You're just mad cuz Warner got benched"

The problem here is, I believe Bulger earned the criticism that he was getting last year. But everything that Bulgerites complain about Warnerites, they are now doing themselves. It's not enough that Bulger is doing well, Bulgerites have to criticize RAMS fans for their amount of praise. What a joke. I've seen many of the posters, who were Bulger's biggest critics last year, praise him this year. Bulgerites are the most insecure, paranoid, feel they're persecuted football fans around. Warnerites are bad too, but Bulgerites take the cake.
    Last edited by moklerman; -11-18-2004 at 02:31 PM.

mokler, again, I see your point. However, if you go back two years of this with the Warner support group you would have heard the same thing.

Honestly, once again I have to say that the QB position is one of the most important yet probably the most overrated position on the football field.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I don't care if Warnerites praise Bulger. It just would be nice if a positive thread, on any subject, would get some responses (other than when someone... ahem... stirs the pot by calling out negative posters).

sbramfan Guest

Positive threads suck!

I never reply to them. They never go anywhere.

example:

Reply1: I agree!
    Reply2: Go Marc!
    Reply3: Warner who?
    Reply4: The Kids good this year!
    Reply5: Go RAMS!

example 2 (negative post):

Post: Marc Bulger is only playing well because HE IS SATAN!!!!!

now that's gonna get some replies....it's like the ratings between Desparate House Wives and Wheel of Fortune. (that Eva something or another is smokin hot!)

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Well, she was back when she was "The Sure Thing."

moklerman Guest

I'm going to have to agree with the poster who said that if you're a Bulger fan, just be happy that there are a lack of threads about him. That's all you can hope for in regards to how well the player is actually doing. Believe me, if Warner was playing and NOT on any message boards I'd be happy as a pig in slop.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sbramfan
    Positive threads suck!

I never reply to them. They never go anywhere.

example:

Reply1: I agree!
    Reply2: Go Marc!
    Reply3: Warner who?
    Reply4: The Kids good this year!
    Reply5: Go RAMS!

example 2 (negative post):

Post: Marc Bulger is only playing well because HE IS SATAN!!!!!

now that's gonna get some replies....it's like the ratings between Desparate House Wives and Wheel of Fortune. (that Eva something or another is smokin hot!)
    SB hit it on the head. There's only so far we can go with a positive thread, or at least a positive thread that has no controversy. One person makes an initial statement (just as Jason effectively did in this thread). That statment is a great one, well thought-out and well-written. But there's really nothing else to do but agree with it.

It's a shame, because a quality QB like Bulger probably deserves more praise than he gets around here, but that is the nature of the beast.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

That's a good way to look at it. I'm just like you in a way mokler. I'm actually riding under the radar at how terrible MY defense has played yet most of what we as Rams fans still want to talk about is Warner/Bulger.

Gets me off the hook.

:tongue:

thoey is offline Registered User

TX's DEFENSE SUX...

:tongue:
    This space for rent...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast