Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Lets talk about Bulger

I checked your account, Viper. It turns out you are behind in your payments by 7 months.

Please send me your $140.00 made payable to Clan Account Subscription Holdings (or "CASH" for short).

viper is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    I checked your account, Viper. It turns out you are behind in your payments by 7 months.

Please send me your $140.00 made payable to Clan Account Subscription Holdings (or "CASH" for short).
    You got me Av! Very funny...ha...ha..ha! I'm not pay'in cop'er!

Adarian, etal x 3 must owe a fortune!!!
    Last edited by viper; -11-19-2004 at 02:39 AM.

RamTime Guest

I think the avenue this thread ended up taking made it perhaps the worst read and the biggest waste of time.

I will try to put it back on the right track

Bulger needs to get this team to the playoffs and win a playoff game. Is he doing better then last year? Duh! Is he playing as well as he did when he came in for Warner after the 0 - 5 start? No. Then again nobody has had a start like that.

Bulger is playing well however I think he is going to get even better. Here inlays the problem with that. I am sick and tired of teams raping the Rams for players. Maybe its better that Bulger fly’s under the radar allowing others to believe that he is middle of the pack in talent.

I decline that label myself because I happen to think he is one of the top QB's in the league. Why? Simple, to many QB's over the years have made their stats and ratings playing catch 5 yards apart from their receivers then the RAC pads their stats and boost their ratings.

Remember a 40 yard gain goes down as 40 yards weather or not you throw a 5 yard dink pass and the receiver runs the other 35 yards or if you throw it 40 yards in the air with no RAC.

Since Mart's playbook has more downfield passing then any other teams and the Rams are more likely to throw the ball over 10 yards then one must conclude that the QB completing the Longer passes at roughly the same clip as the dinkers sets him above those same dinkers.

Without a doubt the QB's that have benefited from the long handoff as far as their all time ratings have been 9er QB's. Montana, Young, Bono, Garcia all have enjoyed having their stats vaulted into the upper crust.

Steve Young’s rating as a Buccaneer? 59. He comes to Walsh's dink offense and he posted a 120 one season.

If you know anything about the West coast offense and why it worked when it worked then you understand this. Anyone can play catch standing 5 yards apart.

The 9ers only win of the year came against Arizona in a game that sums up what I am talking about Tim Rattay threw 57 passes and the longest gain of the day was 23 yards.

Common sense, statistically proven.

When Comparing Bulger to other QB's in the league one must consider the offense they are in and the risk factor of that offense. There is not much risk in a 5 yard pass now is there?

Considering everything I just stated, I don't think that Bulger benefits from the system as much as some people say. I think you have to have real talent to complete as many mid-range passes as he does. After all not every QB the Rams have put out there has done well. The ones that have done well are all starting QB's in the NFL today.

thoey is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamTime
    Bulger needs to get this team to the playoffs and win a playoff game. Is he doing better then last year? Duh! Is he playing as well as he did when he came in for Warner after the 0 - 5 start? No. Then again nobody has had a start like that.
    I agree with the above statement. I think we are all in agreement that Bulgar is a great, young QB that is still maturing. He has taken this team to the playoffs. Now, he needs to take them to the next step. A win in the playoffs.

Being that I am considered a "Warnerite", some view myself and others like me as never going to be satisfied with Marc. That is not true. While I/we may hold Warner on a pedestal for what he and the team did in 1999, if Marc continues to get consistently better, he can raise himself to the level where it won't be a contrast any more, but a comparison. Marc will never be KW, but then again, KW is not Marc either.

Wanting the best for the team, all I want is for Marc to succeed.
    This space for rent...

viper is offline Registered User

You're are right RamTime, we have lost way too many quality players. Mostly, due to financial considerations. I don't think we have to worry about losing Bulger any time soon. He just signed a multi-year contract that pays him quite well. Also, this is a very quarterback friendly offense, which should please Bulger. We know MM believes in the kid.

This offense requires an accurate QB and Bulger fits the bill perfectly. We need to shore up the o-line to get him more time and avoid injury. He's doing his part to get us to the playoffs. As we all know its the other areas of the team that need to be corrected.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345