RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Let's talk about our beloved cornerback, Tye Hill ....

So what happens to Mr. Hill?

I don't think anybody can dispute that Hill has the athletic ability to be a good corner in this league. He's undersized, but a true blazer. I've never really seen anybody just blow him away, his technique just seems to be suffering, primarily because he has alot to make up for his lack of height ...

I love Ron and Fakhir on the edges. I was not thrilled about Craft as a starting corner, but he looked solid as the nickel against the Cowgirls.

That being said, where does Hill fit in? Was his poor play a result of shattered confidence, another consequence of the Linehan regime? Can Haslett straighten him out and get him playing at a high level?

I think alot of Hill's problem was thinking too much, and reacting too little. It's seems that Haslett's motivational tools may be just what he needs to get going again. He has demonstrated spurts of solid play in the past ...

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: Let's talk about our beloved cornerback, Tye Hill ....

I don't know what to say about Hill. I mean, where does he stand? We have Bartell and Brown as starters. Craft did a good job. Manning was good when he was healthy.

I think Hill will be playing left bench...

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Several other defenders have looked better with Haslett in charge. Maybe Hill does so as well, once he gets a chance.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

schut39 is offline Registered User

I'd like to see the cornerbacks in this order. Brown and Bartell starting. Third would be Hill, then Wade, and finally Craft.

shower beers is offline Registered User

It looks like he's getting squeezed out of a starting role, and he has no excuses for it. He'll definitely have to earn his way back up the totem pole.

btimsah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    So what happens to Mr. Hill?

I don't think anybody can dispute that Hill has the athletic ability to be a good corner in this league. He's undersized, but a true blazer. I've never really seen anybody just blow him away, his technique just seems to be suffering, primarily because he has alot to make up for his lack of height ...

I love Ron and Fakhir on the edges. I was not thrilled about Craft as a starting corner, but he looked solid as the nickel against the Cowgirls.

That being said, where does Hill fit in? Was his poor play a result of shattered confidence, another consequence of the Linehan regime? Can Haslett straighten him out and get him playing at a high level?

I think alot of Hill's problem was thinking too much, and reacting too little. It's seems that Haslett's motivational tools may be just what he needs to get going again. He has demonstrated spurts of solid play in the past ...
    He's probably at the bottom of the depth chart. But on our team that means he'll be out there in dime situations. I just hope we keep those young guys like Bartel and Craft in there. Their younger and might just be very good corners and we just don't know it yet.

Right now we don't need to ruin our defense by putting Tye out there in dangerous situations.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by btimsah View Post
    He's probably at the bottom of the depth chart. But on our team that means he'll be out there in dime situations. I just hope we keep those young guys like Bartel and Craft in there. Their younger and might just be very good corners and we just don't know it yet.

Right now we don't need to ruin our defense by putting Tye out there in dangerous situations.
    You cannot tell that Bartell is a very good corner yet?

Craft is in his 30's ....

eldfan is offline Registered User

Yes hill has speed but what good is that if you don't know where the ball is or just can't make a play on it. He has to work his way back I think.
    :ramlogo:

39thebeast is offline Registered User

He can play some nickel back definately not a starter. He might be an upgrade over Craft, but at this point i don't know. They don't seem to have any faith in Wade. Next year I don't think he'll have the job either with King coming back and possibly a rookie or vet. IMO he may excell as a nickel in the future, but I don't really see him starting here anymore

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Several other defenders have looked better with Haslett in charge. Maybe Hill does so as well, once he gets a chance.
    I'd sure like to see him get a chance to compete with Venturi making the calls on defense.