Thread: Lets talk D-Lew

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Lets talk D-Lew

The guy was way out of line and needs to take a couple of (unpaid) games off in my book. I would go as far to say the guy should be cut. His poor play since he was drafted and now a complete childish act says a lot for his level of maturity. There is no room for that crap in the NFL!

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Re: Lets talk D-Lew

DLew, you are the weakest link......Goodbye.

Am I the only one that saw the level of play by the Defense rise after his ejection? Just a thought.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    The guy was way out of line and needs to take a couple of (unpaid) games off in my book. I would go as far to say the guy should be cut. His poor play since he was drafted and now a complete childish act says a lot for his level of maturity. There is no room for that crap in the NFL!
    Let's not. He should be released. Today. Period. I'm not even going to address what happens in the dogpiles. The ref was the closest cover he had for his nonsense.

Was it in retalitation for an eye gouge? Was he getting a finger in the earhole? Maybe there was some obscure reason for his reaction.

But ... like they say ... a time and place for everything. This was neither the time nor place. After five years in the league, he gets no rookie pass.

OK.So I talked. It still comes back to .... release him. Tonight. Period.

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Guys and gals lets not point the finger just yet here! Now if he did this out of frustration i'll agree with you but, i'm thinking that the other guy most likely started this since DLew hasnt been know for this kinda play!..Maybe we should hear him out first!

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Lewis didn't make the stat sheet again.

If you put this incident aside, he's just not a good player.
    He's needs to be gone pronto.

The D-Line somehow got a pass from being the root of our problems last year (allowing all those yards on the ground), did anyone see the Philly Eagles versus SanDiego today?

LaDanaian Tominson was held to like 7 yards and he played the whole game. It's was the D-line (not the linebackers) that stopped him and disrupted the SD offense all day.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by talkstoangels61
    Maybe we should hear him out first!
    Copied from a discussion the Rampagers are having on this topic:

"He told Malcolm Briggs that he got shoved to the ground after
    the play, and he was re-acting to that, while admitting he shouldn't
    have done what he did, letting his emotions get the best of him."

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano
    The D-Line somehow got a pass from being the root of our problems last year (allowing all those yards on the ground), did anyone see the Philly Eagles versus SanDiego today?

LaDanaian Tominson was held to like 7 yards and he played the whole game. It's was the D-line (not the linebackers) that stopped him and disrupted the SD offense all day.
    What I saw were linebackers that didn't get engaged in many blocks, and when they did, were able to break through them to make a play. The only defensive lineman I saw consistently making plays on LT was ND Kalu, though I just watched the highlights. It looked to me though that the linemen were taking on the blocks and allowing the linebackers to do their job, and the LB were being smart - taking good angles and not overpursing.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

That Def Line played the game on SanDiego's side of the of Scrimmage. The consistent penetration from the DEF line caused Tomlinson to have to stop and redirect and he got caught by pursuit. But, Tomlinson couldn't hit the hole, at all, all day long because someone was there. He had the worst game of his career.

I'm convinced we need to get someone from Philly DEF coaching staff, someone initimate with that scheme.
    Look what they did to Atlanta's running game last year.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Aside from the hefty fine he'll be getting, I'm interested in reading tomorrow morning what DL will have told the Post-Dispatch reporters.

:down: It kind of reminded me of Mike Tyson's sudden cannibalism in front of the world a few years ago. I know DL is a good youngster and that he lost his cool today but... yes, that punch was as much a blunder as it was blatant.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

He's gone. There was a shot yesterday of the D LINE sitting down on the bench after a 3 and out. In order:

Hargrove, Kennedy, Pickett.....knowing the other spot was for Little.