RamWraith is offline Registered User

Lets talk Setterstrom

Not sure how much you guys pay attention to the line but I went back and watched the last couple of games.

Setterstrom run blocking is the key to this whole thing as of late. He is really moving his man back and opening some great holes. His pass blocking needs some work but he will catch on. I am really excited to see next season what he can do when Pace lines up next to him, as that will help his pass blocking improve. In college the kid was a road grader and all heart. I also believe he hadn't allowed a sack his entire college career.

One more thing. I heard he lasted until the 7th round do to some whack job doctor red flagging him for some goofy knee thing at the combine, which was not ever really an issue for him.

All in all this kid is really grounded and I think will be the anchor of this thing by the time all is said and done.

Anyone have some of his combine numbers?

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Lets talk Setterstrom

He's a gem. The only thing I have to say about him (and you already stated it above) is his pass protection. Sometimes he looks great doing it, sometimes he's completely off and gets man handled, the run blocking looks great from what I've been watching from the Redskins game. I am definitely happy with the line right now, although I wouldn't quite go and say the line is clutch...not yet at least. It definitely improved from the past few games though. It was good to see...And the great thing is, they're only going to get better, Richie, is yes a 1 year player, but he practically was a rookie this year, so I give him slack. He's got talent, Setterstrom looked great, and Romberg was doing well. This team is very interesting...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    Anyone have some of his combine numbers?
    Height: 6'3"
    Weight: 314
    Bench: 19
    40: 5.38
    Vert Jump: 26.6"
    Broad Jump: 8'4"
    Shuttle: 4.56
    3 Cone: 7.64

That 19 reps of 225 probably didn't help his stock very much. That's one of the lowest numbers from the 2006 OG class, I believe.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

He will be up for a huge test this weekend in run blocking against some really good DTs. If does a great job like you say he did in other games, he will most likely be a starter next season again. If he didnt allow a sack in his whole career, why was he finally drafted in the 7th round?

MikeB1603 is offline Registered User

I think its kind of hard to judge Setterstorm. He pretty much didn't get playing time until the latter part of the season. So he is going in very fresh while the defensive lineman he faces have half a season of wear and tear. This may not be a factor in how well he has been doing but you have to wonder if we will be seeing the same player in a week 1 game?

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

He had a pretty low bench number, but he has been working on his strength alot with the Rams apparantly.

Its just nice to see an OL guy want to improve himself, something a certain mr Barron doesnt seem interested in

viper is offline Registered User

He has been very solid in run blocking. I agree that part of our success lately running the ball can be attributed to his performance. I have seen him just move his guy right out of the play repeatedly.

If he can gain some strength and learn the pass protection techniques he'll need, he will be an anchor for a long time to come. He has done extremely well for only playing in a few games this season as a rookie.

Its pretty amazing the little gold nuggets we've found where we did in the draft in Setterstrom and Incognito. Gotta love it!

Go Rams!!!