Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

letter to Hasselett

Love your blitzs, pity its not because you wish to play them, its because you have to to get any pressure on the QB.

So if your wize this offseason, get 2 good pass rushers that can put pressure on a QB on their own right. NOSE GAURD or right side DEFENSIVE TACKLE (being most QBs are right-handed). A leftsided LB that is quick and can bring on a leaded fist hard tackle is a good making for a 3/4 defense and your crazy blitz schemes will work much better. Strong side/weak side safty blitzs are more an option. Line stunts, and run blitzs make for a better mix of options

On your wish list look for a mean hard hitting FS, those qucik out passes and inside slant passes run against you will be something of the past since few WR, TE, and RB would want to try and make a catch over the middle

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Re: letter to Hasselett

Dear Jim,

There are actually two halfs and four quarters in a game of football. Just in case you thought only the first half counted and the second was played just to fill airtime, you would be wrong. Thanks.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: letter to Hasselett

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    So if your wize this offseason, get 2 good pass rushers that can put pressure on a QB on their own right. NOSE GAURD or right side DEFENSIVE TACKLE (being most QBs are right-handed). A leftsided LB that is quick and can bring on a leaded fist hard tackle is a good making for a 3/4 defense and your crazy blitz schemes will work much better. Strong side/weak side safty blitzs are more an option. Line stunts, and run blitzs make for a better mix of options

On your wish list look for a mean hard hitting FS, those qucik out passes and inside slant passes run against you will be something of the past since few WR, TE, and RB would want to try and make a catch over the middle
    Ok... where to start. Well, first, why are you asking for another DT? Is Carriker and Ryan not enough? I thought Ryan was doing rather well as a nose tackle/guard. How about Glover(maybe gone) and Wroten? Now... with the #2 pick, Glenn Dorsey is a viable pick, if we think we can use AC as a full time edge pass rusher in our scheme.

Now, as for your request for a quick "left sided linebacker" are you meaning a Sam or a Will backer? I think you're looking at more of a Sam if you're expecting him to pass rush a lot in a 3-4, as 4-3 Sams are larger. If you're mostly thinking quick, you pretty much need to find another Merriman for size and speed or you're thinking more of a Pisa or Spoon-like Will linebacker, of which we have plenty. We definitely need a Sam, however if we lose Chillar.

Last, why do you want a hard hitting free safety? Are you not satisfied with Atogwe's NFC leading 8 INTs? Chavous is the one getting long in the tooth and is the one that plays up in the box. I'd imagine you'd rather a strong safety who can help out in runs and would still be quicker in coverage than Chavous.

In conclusion, I think we're fine at DT, but we need a beast of a DE in Chris Long to play opposite Little. Next we could use a true Sam in the mid rounds, especially if we lose Chillar. Also in the mid rounds, we need an SS who is less of a liability than Chavous. Chavous is still good enough to be on the roster, but as a backup only in my opinion.