Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ramer is offline Registered User

Re: Limbaugh, Checketts join in bid for Rams ..

Quote Originally Posted by fearsome foursome View Post
    Great news. What difference do the politics make anyway? Let's build a winner and a dynasty. I'm tired of the status-quo.
    I totally agree! Put politics aside. I think he's the type of guy that would spend some money to build a winning team!

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

shoot, we`ve spent the last 30 years being either owned by a former showgirl or owned by the former show girl`s son, whose other claim to fame is he makes lassie style B-movies...

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramer View Post
    I totally agree! Put politics aside. I think he's the type of guy that would spend some money to build a winning team!
    The guy sat and said on air that McNabb wasn't a good QB. Money does not cure ignorance.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I don't care who owns the organization as long as they are willing to do whatever it takes to win.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    shoot, we`ve spent the last 30 years being either owned by a former showgirl or owned by the former show girl`s son, whose other claim to fame is he makes lassie style B-movies...
    Ah, but what they don't bring to the table is the whole "I know everything, no else knows squat" mentality, either. They were at least able to accept advice and criticism from others.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Much ado about nothing.

Nevermind the fact that Limbaugh is nowhere near the Boogeyman that some are making him out to be. Over-the-top? Yes. Cacophonous? Yes. Boisterous? Yes. Hate-monger, racist, bigotted? Of course not.

But this is all beside the point. Checketts will be the decision maker in the owner's office.

Limbaugh is one of many investors who are supplying the money to back Checketts. I mean, surely nobody actually thinks Rush Limbaugh is going to give up his radio show to run the Rams. Seriously......everyone does understand that it would be Dave Checketts, not Rush Limbaugh as the "face" of ownership?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

makersncoke is offline Registered User

We may all have different views on Limbaugh, but don't loose sight of the fact that Dave Checketts is part of this group. This guy is a class act who knows how to rebuild a struggling organization. He has taken the Blues from the 2nd worst team in the NHL to the playoffs. This guy gets good character people, puts them in the right places and gives them the resources to do their jobs. I hope he is given the chance to do this for the Rams.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Rumor says he will rebuild the team and name it the "right wings"! Sorry dudes Chargers are moving to LA and looks like I won't let the door hit me on the way out!

Just to quote a little section at the end of this article, I should be jumping back on in 2014, that is if the Mayans were wrong. Go loophole!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

fatlibertarian Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MOM View Post
    The guy sat and said on air that McNabb wasn't a good QB. Money does not cure ignorance.
    He'd only be a minority owner, geez.

Also.. I think he said McNabb wasn't playing good at the time. I don't believe he was the only one of that opinion, as a lot of Eagle fans were all over McNabb as well. It's sports analysis and I would venture to guess they've all been wrong before and will be wrong again. Limbaugh, in his short tenure was no different. It's just that people hate Limbaugh so much they were looking for any reason to go after him.

It's amazing how supposed Ram fans are letting this get to them. He'd be a minority owner and if anything it would help the organization to get that kind of backing behind it. He gets, what, 20 million listeners a DAY?

Also, Limbaugh is a Steelers fan.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Like BRM said having Limbaugh in any way associated with the Rams is like having T.O. in the locker room - or worse. He is a drug addict and a raving lunatic.

If Limbaugh buys the Rams I'm outta here...

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    I want to be proud of my owners as I am of my team. The ends do not justify the means. Having Rush involved in the ownership would be as destructive as having T.O. in the locker room.
    I don't want to be argumentative, especially because your avatar scares me, but what do we really know about any of the owners from any of the teams?

There is not one owner I would personally vouch for because I don't know them from adam.

Yes Rush is vocal about his beliefs but who knows... owner 1 may have date raped someone, owner 2 may have swindled old ladies out of their money to get rich, owner 3 may be Jerry Jones, the list goes on and on.

For the record I am not a Rush fan or supporter but his politics don't bother me when it comes to being a partial owner in this team.

Ventesette is offline Registered User

I've dealt with Checketts when he was with MSG and he is a class act. Nice family. Seemed like he knows how to run a franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ventesette View Post
    I've dealt with Checketts when he was with MSG and he is a class act. Nice family. Seemed like he knows how to run a franchise.
    Ventesette has hit upon the real story here: What kind of owner will Checketts be? A good one, I'll bet.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by RamOfDenmark View Post
    Like BRM said having Limbaugh in any way associated with the Rams is like having T.O. in the locker room - or worse. He is a drug addict and a raving lunatic.

If Limbaugh buys the Rams I'm outta here...
    Really? You'd let your political opinion differences with one of many owners force you to pick a different team?

I don't know what to say guys. It's saddening.

SavageRam is offline Registered User

Some of the most confident, toughest, and most successful people involved in the NFL can also be the most controversial a-holes. I believe the term is called "Alpha-male".

Rush is a quintessential alpha-male.

He has stated many times publicly that he has always had a dream of being an owner of a NFL football team. In this case it looks like he would be a minority owner.

He also said that he would do whatever it takes for the team to be successful. That's the kind of attitude I want in the next ownership of this team.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast