Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Re: Limbaugh, Checketts join in bid for Rams ..

Quote Originally Posted by WhinerFan View Post
    Actually, he said that Donovan McNabb was not a very talented quarterback (with no "at this time" included) and that he was being hyped because the media wanted to see a black quarterback succeed. McNabb continued the season to go 12-4, and the next year went to the superbowl.
    No, what he actually said was:

Rush: "I don't think he's been that good from the get-go. I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. I think the media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. They're interested in black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well. I think there's a little hope invested in McNabb and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he really didn't deserve. The defense carried this team."

Semper Fi!

WhinerFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Hmm, so he wasn't fired, but rather resigned. Well now that is just odd. Because it appears some are under the impression Limbaugh was fired (which he wasn't) for saying things like "McNabb is a bad QB" or "McNabb is not talented" (which isn't what he said). Hmm, I wonder what else about this topic may be a little off.
    LOL. Fired, forced to resign, whatever. If you feel the distinction is really important, then go ahead and shout it from the mountaintop. Preach, preacher!

My favorite part was Tom Jackson's response, speaking for the Sunday Countdown group on Sunday Countdown. Essentially, he made it clear that none of the on-air personalities had wanted him there.

And he absolutely did say that McNabb was not talented edit: Richbert88 just put up the entire quote
    Last edited by WhinerFan; -10-06-2009 at 08:10 PM.

WhinerFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Richbert88 View Post
    No, what he actually said was:

Rush: "I don't think he's been that good from the get-go. I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. I think the media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. They're interested in black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well. I think there's a little hope invested in McNabb and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he really didn't deserve. The defense carried this team."
    "I don't think he's been that good from the get-go." Exactly. This was not a critique of the, then, 0-2 Eagles quarterback in 2003, but of the totality of his career up to that point.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Hey, and the intro music!

'My City Was Gone' played loudly before each game. Maybe then The Pretenders wouldn't mind.

PS: Brought this post from AV's 'Top Ten List' thread

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Sorry guys, but no political talk is allowed. I know Limbaugh is a controversial figure, so this reaction is to be expected, but this is not the place to bring your political opinions. Nothing good will come of it.

For the record, I'm registered non-partisan, so any favoritism you might be paranoid about coming from the Mods is a ("Keith") null point.

There are hundreds of other forums on the Internet where you can discuss politics all you want. This is not one of them.

With that said, this thread is closed.

P.S. - Limbaugh will probably only be a minority owner, so regardless of your views about him, there's no reason to get excited. It's just a financial investment for him - not like he'll be running the entire organization.
    Last edited by evil disco man; -10-06-2009 at 11:09 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345