Thread: Linebackers!

Ben56 is offline Registered User

Linebackers!

Since this is my first post, hello everyone. This looks like a great site.

Now down to business.

The Rams starting LBs may be solid enough to provide us with a solid D, but God help us if one of them goes down. The Titans gamed proved just how thin the LB line up is. Chamberlain had a couple of good plays, but McGarigle, Vodobura, Magro, were awfull. If a team rushes for 340 on you and runs consistently with their 1-5 string backs and 1-3 string OL your linebackers are not filling holes.

I think its high time the Rams scoured the remaining FAs (they already missed out on some) to find some quality backups.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Re: Linebackers!

Hello and Welcome!

This is a great site.

My business hours vary, but generally they are from 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Thursday. That seems to work best for me since I'm rarely here at those hours.

Thank you for joining and posting!

RealRam is online now Registered User

Obviously the Titans are ahead of us in preseason preparation but since I "Believe In Now", it seems the Rams LB corps is currently under construction, i.e., it will improve by end of August.

Welcome to the Clan Ben-five-six!

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    it will improve by end of August.
    Whew...because people were beginning to panic.

It would help if the team would announce these things so people could relax and enjoy the product they put on the field.

I would think it could only help with ticket sales as well.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post

It would help if the team would announce these things so people could relax and enjoy the product they put on the field.

Do you have any actual football input or just 7nth grade humor????
    Just Fix It

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Do you have any actual football input or just 7nth grade humor????
    Gee, I was wondering the same thing about you.

Guess that makes us equal and I am happy with that!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Ben56 View Post

Now down to business.

The Rams starting LBs may be solid enough to provide us with a solid D, but God help us if one of them goes down. The Titans gamed proved just how thin the LB line up is. Chamberlain had a couple of good plays, but McGarigle, Vodobura, Magro, were awfull. If a team rushes for 340 on you and runs consistently with their 1-5 string backs and 1-3 string OL your linebackers are not filling holes.

I think its high time the Rams scoured the remaining FAs (they already missed out on some) to find some quality backups.
    Welcome aboard, Ben. Good to hear from you.

Yea, this game really makes us appreciate Spoon, huh? I'm not sure which play was the best example of this, but choosing between either the Chris Johnson-untouched-66-yard-dash, or the Ganther-stopped-in-the-backfield-pause-then-run-past-the-LB-that-didn't-contain demonstrates the point.

As you said, Magro and Co. had a rough, rough night. Hoped they learned from it.

And again, welcome aboard.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Really now, I think there is being way too much read into alot of this stuff. Some of these very players who played so horribly won't even be here a couple weeks from now. These guys are camp bodies, and they are getting a shot. A few will take advantage of it, such as Brock Berlin and Dane Looker, and most will not, like Magro. What real assessment can you make from the first preseason game, when the majority of our starters played little, and several sat out ...

The only real disconcerting thing I saw in the first game was Bulger's lack of confidence and Pace's inability to block anything ...

With that said, Looker, Berlin, and Goldberg, yes, Goldberg, looked superb ....

Ben56 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Really now, I think there is being way too much read into alot of this stuff. Some of these very players who played so horribly won't even be here a couple weeks from now. These guys are camp bodies, and they are getting a shot. A few will take advantage of it, such as Brock Berlin and Dane Looker, and most will not, like Magro. What real assessment can you make from the first preseason game, when the majority of our starters played little, and several sat out ...

The only real disconcerting thing I saw in the first game was Bulger's lack of confidence and Pace's inability to block anything ...

With that said, Looker, Berlin, and Goldberg, yes, Goldberg, looked superb ....
    I guess my main point was about the backups. Magro may be a camp body, but McGarigle is -- as of now-- the back up MLB to Spoon. Given the fact that he's injured now and despite a few plays McGarigle made unblocked, picking up another MLB with some actual game experience might be wise.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

I guess my main point was about the backups. Magro may be a camp body, but McGarigle is -- as of now-- the back up MLB to Spoon. Given the fact that he's injured now and despite a few plays McGarigle made unblocked, picking up another MLB with some actual game experience might be wise.
    I can guarantee you that if Witherspoon went down, McGarigle would not be our starting middle linebacker - Chris Draft would. He played that position, and played it well, in Atlanta, and in Carolina ....

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    I can guarantee you that if Witherspoon went down, McGarigle would not be our starting middle linebacker - Chris Draft would. He played that position, and played it well, in Atlanta, and in Carolina ....
    No knock on Draft, but I think he's more valuable as a backup because he can play any of the linebacker positions. If Spoon goes down for the year and Draft is there for the remainder, then we lose someone who can step in at any of the three positions. I don't think anyone except Spoon and Draft could do that. And we already know that we're going to lose Pisa for a couple of games...he's fragile.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post

I guess I enjoy a little 7th grade humor. I thought it was pretty damn funny. This is football people, it's a freakin' game. It's supposed to be entertaining. It's not life or death stuff, let's lighten up a little. Ferter, keep the funny stuff coming.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Now down to business.

Great 1st post Ben keep em coming.

We do need to address the lack of depth at the LB position for sure.