Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Linebackers!

Ben56 is offline Registered User

Linebackers!

The Rams cant stop the run because their linebackers cant play the run. Witherspoon is the only consistently effective LB and he is playing out of position. Problem is the only back up is Draft and he's done. He looked like crap today.

The Rams have to find a true MLB. Move Spoon to Culberson's spot and then have a Culberson, Chamberlain, and Draft as back ups.

I cant freaking believe that a team that is giving up 200 yds rushing a game is only carrying 5 real LBs (Stills is a ST guy). What the hell are the coaches thinking?

Anthony Schlegel is still available and Abdul Hodge is on someones practice squad. The Rams could get either or both and improve the LB corps immediatly.

btimsah Guest

Re: Linebackers!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben56 View Post
    The Rams cant stop the run because their linebackers cant play the run. Witherspoon is the only consistently effective LB and he is playing out of position. Problem is the only back up is Draft and he's done. He looked like crap today.

The Rams have to find a true MLB. Move Spoon to Culberson's spot and then have a Culberson, Chamberlain, and Draft as back ups.

I cant freaking believe that a team that is giving up 200 yds rushing a game is only carrying 5 real LBs (Stills is a ST guy). What the hell are the coaches thinking?

Anthony Schlegel is still available and Abdul Hodge is on someones practice squad. The Rams could get either or both and improve the LB corps immediatly.
    In the off-season they were in denial. Now their still in denial, but comming out of it. Now they have to realize a lot of the guys that they thought were good, are not. It's that simple. No more excuses.

I'm not gonna single anyone out, because when the entire lot of em' stink, what's the point?

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Amen, my brother, I have no idea why they continue to play Witherspoon out of position, and why they let Brian Chillar go when he was obviously better than Draft and his replacement. Our front office is making horrible moves, and I see players we've let go week after week on other NFL teams and doing well.....I have no idea what is going on.

It's Just sad.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Because we might be experiencing the NFL version of "Major League"....

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    Amen, my brother, I have no idea why they continue to play Witherspoon out of position, and why they let Brian Chillar go when he was obviously better than Draft and his replacement. Our front office is making horrible moves, and I see players we've let go week after week on other NFL teams and doing well.....I have no idea what is going on.

It's Just sad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chris58 is offline Registered User

As much as I like Pisa and know that he is a warrior, he is only a shell of himself and should not be out there; but that's how thin we are at LB.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Don't worry- all Haslett's blitzes and exotic schemes will make up for the fact that our linebackers blow...

Mooselini is offline Registered User

We have so many needs we need to address next year in the draft and the free agency.

We better nail it next season.

lostsoul is offline Registered User

We should draft Mauluga.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by lostsoul View Post
    We should draft Mauluga.
    Now I don't follow USC as much...but I THINK he is a MLB right...?

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I've been thinking the same thing about our linebackers these last few games. Can they ever be seen doing anything other than sliding off runners? I think a fair number of us believed the linebackers would look better if the defensive line improved, but now it seems like we're seeing guys free to run around and converge on plays...and we still can't make any stops.

TKnight39 is offline Registered User

Good thing for the Rams is they will have a top 5 pick to use on Rey Maualuga (USC) or James Laurinaitis (Ohio St.)

I like Laurinaitis better though.

lostsoul is offline Registered User

Laurinaitis has better technique but Maualuga has that explosiveness that you cant teach. Did you see that pick six he had against Ohio State?

BEER is offline Registered User

Marshall faulk has been saying this for 3 years now, "move Will to weak side
    and draft a real mike back". I vote Marshall for GM.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Can anyone remember when Jeff Fisher ran the defense a long time ago? lack of depth and injuries caused him to cobble together the EAGLE defensive scheme, 2 DT and 5 LBs--cute, but marginally affective.

Point is your Line backers are useless with out a strong Frontline D. I played left DT, got my share of plays

but the glory belongs to the LBs--a good defensive front, holds the lanes and pressures the QB allowing LBs to make the plays. Have 2 solid DTs & a NG, the 3-4 is a thing of beauty--power, speed, re-action, and a freeir hand to a variety of secondary coverages. WHY nearly every NFL team if they have the talant wants to run the 3-4.

Sadly, might as well suitup the cheerleaders and put them in the line the way the Rams front is playing--would be the same result

eric2810 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    Now I don't follow USC as much...but I THINK he is a MLB right...?
    Yeah He's a True Middle Linebacker Moooselini. 6'3 255lbs. I believe he'll turn out better than Lauranitious.
    As for our horrible LB situation, We've had this same LB corps since after the draft, so we could of seen this coming.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast