Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Linebackers!

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Re: Linebackers!

I'm all for Mauluga as a hardcore USC fan. He is the best Linebacker in the country and he has the potential to be even better than Junior Seau. He is actually a very similar player to to Seau. He is a beast he is the agressive enforcer that this is clearly lacking. He is a guy who can create a Rey Lewis affect with his tenacity and beastly play. He is the only reason I would move Spoon. Spoon and Rey make deadly combo and istantly improves our Defense. The problem is we look like we are number 1 overall pick contenders and guys like Micheal Oher and Eugene Monroe are bigger needs and better value. Don't sleep on the other USC guy either Brian Cushing.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    I'm all for Mauluga as a hardcore USC fan. He is the best Linebacker in the country and he has the potential to be even better than Junior Seau. He is actually a very similar player to to Seau. He is a beast he is the agressive enforcer that this is clearly lacking. He is a guy who can create a Rey Lewis affect with his tenacity and beastly play. He is the only reason I would move Spoon. Spoon and Rey make deadly combo and istantly improves our Defense. The problem is we look like we are number 1 overall pick contenders and guys like Micheal Oher and Eugene Monroe are bigger needs and better value. Don't sleep on the other USC guy either Brian Cushing.
    Thats the problem man. We need to improve our defense by adding the MLB we never had. Witherspoon is an awesome line backer, but he will be much better at his natural position.

Then we need a new lineman to either replace Pace or play in the middle between Bell and Barron. Yes the two positions. I want to see what Greco is made of before I jump on drafting a OL in the first round.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Ben56 View Post
    Could it hurt to add another LB.
    Depends on who you cut to put that person on the active roster. Anyways, I'm not necessarily opposed to adding more LB help. But I am opposed to adding someone that no one has wanted any piece of since May.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben56 View Post
    In terms of numbers of tackles, LBs who play on bad D's always get tons of tackles.
    I wouldn't say always but I understand that LB's can rack up stats on good and bad defenses. My larger point, though, was that Witherspoon has twice had career years at MLB for us, so it's not as if he can't play the position. This is why I think we could do either - keep Witherspoon @ MLB and get someone to replace Pisa, or move Witherspoon to WLB and get someone for the middle. I'm open to both ideas, really, because I've given up on Pisa being a starter in this defense.

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    The problem is we look like we are number 1 overall pick contenders and guys like Micheal Oher and Eugene Monroe are bigger needs and better value.
    Exactly, this is the issue. I could probably count on one hand the number of times teams have spent a top three pick on a linebacker over the last decade. The value just isn't there, and when it comes to that kind of money, other positions take precedent. That's simply a matter of realism in the NFL. An offensive tackle to prepare for Pace's departure would be IMO the wisest way to spend that pick, given what we know now about the candidates that look to be available.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    I want to see what Greco is made of before I jump on drafting a OL in the first round.
    Greco is either an interior guard or a right tackle, but probably the former. There's nothing about what Greco can do on the field that should prevent us from taking an elite left tackle in the draft.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I'm open to both ideas, really, because I've given up on Pisa being a starter in this defense.
    Given the fact that Pisa is relatively healthy this year why are you giving up on him? Do you think he's all washed up at 28 years old?

WHAT SAY YE?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123