Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

LineFans and Fence-Sitters Alike: TAKE THE SLOP CHALLENGE

SLOP hereby issues the following challenge:Put Linehan's job on the line this week.

The Niners are worse than the Rams. It showed the last time the teams met, when the Rams dominated but lost due to miscues and bad second-half coaching. If the Rams can't build on the win at New Orleans and get swept by the lowly Whiners, any remaining Linehan support should evaporate.

If the Rams win this week, SLOP will accept that Linehan has a chance of showing enough in the second half of the season to get a year 3. But if he can't find a way to win at SF, that should be it.

Will you take the challenge?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: LineFans and Fence-Sitters Alike: TAKE THE SLOP CHALLENGE

Hmmmmmm

Tough question.

Let's see:

@ Tampa Bay (lost 24-3)
    @ Baltimore (lost 22-3)
    @ Dallas (lost 35-7)
    @ Seattle (lost 33-6)

All outdoor stadiums...Hmmmmm

My answer is "NO"

Mike, I think its great how one win has made you so SLAP-happy!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Mike, I think its great how one win has made you so SLAP-happy!
    Thanks David you should try it sometime.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

No matter how much the Whiners suck, don't forget how jacked up they get to play the Rams, especially at home. While we should win this game, it is far from a guarantee.

Not t mention this is a scuker's bet...you get nothing if you win and only stand to lose. What about you Av? What will you do if the Rams win? Actually shut up about SLOP for a week like you swore to do in the past? I mean I know you love bringing attention to yourself thru these posts, but it's getting really sad.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

That is fair. That team is worse than the Rams and the Rams should have won that game earlier. If the Rams can't win on Sunday, he's on the hot seat as far as I consider.

Man, wish some of you would have had the same patience with Martz but I also wish that Cindy Crawford was waiting for me at home.

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    I mean I know you love bringing attention to yourself thru these posts, but it's getting really sad.
    And yet, you keep responding...

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Man, wish some of you would have had the same patience with Martz but I also wish that Cindy Crawford was waiting for me at home.
    Oh, did I forget to give you that message? Anyway, she left because she got tired of waiting, but I'm sure she'll be back...

As for Linehan- I still think his biggest blunder of the season was going for a 57 yd FG attempt in game two against the Whiners instead of showing some gumption and going for the first down, which would have gotten us at the very least a more makeable FG attempt. It also would have allowed us to drain the clock. Now, I know there's a chance we wouldn't have gotten the first down, but the Rams were moving the ball fairly well at that point and in my opinion, a 57 yd FG attempt wasn't a high percentage play with the dim outlook of going 0-2 at home on the horizon. I know hindsight is 20/20, but as soon as I saw the FG team trotting out onto the field, I turned to my friends and said that it was a horrible mistake. Of course, about 15 seconds later, my greatest fears were realized.

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    I also wish that Cindy Crawford was waiting for me at home.
    She was there yesterday, Tx. She waited and waited and, five minutes before you got home, she finally decided to leave.

Tough break.

Oh my God! Monkey-man and I had the same thought at the same time.

Now I'm really scared!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

If the Rams win this week, SLOP will accept that Linehan has a chance of showing enough in the second half of the season to get a year 3. But if he can't find a way to win at SF, that should be it.
    So this is a win the game scenario for Linehan to get a break from SLOP? What if Bulger throws 3 interceptions, Jackson fumbles twice, Holt drops a pass in the endzone, Wilkins misses a 40 yard field goal, Barron goes out with an injury and the Rams lose? That should be it for Linehan?

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    Man, wish some of you would have had the same patience with Martz
    When Linehan gets into a blood fued with the FO, has a team executive talk about slashing his throat, gets into a fight with a player who then threatens to kill him, tries to sneak plays into the booth while on sick leave and hires, then defends Larry Marmie, I'll be out of patience and more than happy to give him the boot.

Oh my God! Monkey-man and I had the same thought at the same time.

Now I'm really scared!
    Kind of like when you and Linehan had the same thought at the same time on the fourth and one against Cleveland, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    So this is a win the game scenario for Linehan to get a break from SLOP? What if Bulger throws 3 interceptions, Jackson fumbles twice, Holt drops a pass in the endzone, Wilkins misses a 40 yard field goal, Barron goes out with an injury and the Rams lose? That should be it for Linehan?
    Of course. He would be responsible for calling the "10 yards out and pick" play 3 times, the "fumbleJackskee" twice, the "let's spot them three points" play once, and for causing Barron's injury.

When Linehan gets into a blood fued with the FO, has a team executive talk about slashing his throat, gets into a fight with a player who then threatens to kill him, tries to sneak plays into the booth while on sick leave and hires, then defends Larry Marmie, I'll be out of patience and more than happy to give him the boot.
    Oh, come now... that's the stuff that made this all fun (well, except for the Marmie part).

Kind of like when you and Linehan had the same thought at the same time on the fourth and one against Cleveland, huh?
    As Mark McGwire once said... "I'm not here to talk about the past."

rampower is offline Registered User

SLOP hereby issues the following challenge:Put Linehan's job on the line this week.

The Niners are worse than the Rams. It showed the last time the teams met, when the Rams dominated but lost due to miscues and bad second-half coaching. If the Rams can't build on the win at New Orleans and get swept by the lowly Whiners, any remaining Linehan support should evaporate.

Will you take the challenge?
    You ask us to say wether or not we think he should stay either till next year or just the end of the season, or leave right now. Then you change your mind, not the end of the season, lets make it next week.

what do you want??

I think I might know.

Youre right AV. If we lose against the niners, a lot of remaining support will dissappear. Your right AV.

I for, one will not rejoice if we do though, nor will I take a massive joy in rubbing fellow rams fans noses in it, because (despite suposedly having our opinions is all we have, being anti SLOP is obviously wrong) we are in this together, I think???

Feel free to diss my post and make me look stupid, I am after all a lamb.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Of course. He would be responsible for calling the "10 yards out and pick" play 3 times, the "fumbleJackskee" twice, the "let's spot them three points" play once, and for causing Barron's injury.

Oh, come now... that's the stuff that made this all fun (well, except for the Marmie part).

As Mark McGwire once said... "I'm not here to talk about the past."
    Great post! Your getting positive rep points whether you like it or not.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    then defends Larry Marmie, I'll be out of patience and more than happy to give him the boot.
    I happen to think that Larry Marmie was the greatest football mind to ever bless the game with his presence. His comprehension of football strategy was so superior to everyone else who followed the game, that we all just thought he was an idiot because our small minds just couldn't possibly understand his brillance.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    I'm pretty sure the Cleveland defense got that thought too...:\

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast