Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

Linehams Rams have no heart

I am and always will be a Rams fan. I survive the 90's but if the Rams continue to play without heart I do not know how much more I can take.

Bulger, Bruce, Holt, Witherspoon, Hill, and Jackson(Still not sure if he's an every down back) have been playing with heart.

The rest of the team IMHO have played inconsistent and without Heart. Tackling is very simple task and it takes more heart than technique or talent. Talent gets you in the position to make the tackle. Look at the S from Pittsburgh Troy he has alot of heart and WIhterspoon I've seen him fight off 2 guys and still make the tackle.

Most of it is the desire and the kind of player who is willing to put it on the line each and every play. Lets face our guys are more interested in collecting pay checks than making tackles.

I am loosing interest very fast. The Rams have been rebuilding the DEFENSE since 2000 (Sure Lovie disguised some lack of talent by developing schemes that played into the talent he had ie Archuletta) . I refuse to buy into we're rebuilding the D.

Bottom line we have talent just no Heart and I am not impressed with Haslett or Lineham at this point. They better get this team on track. At least with Martz I always watch the game even in bad times cause the Rams were capable of blowing away any team on any given Sunday. Not this year no identity or HEART

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: Linehams Rams have no heart

Hang on Crazyhorns. Don't give up on them just yet.

I am not impressed with Linehan or Haslett either, but some fans are very unhappy when we express our displeasure. It seems we are only suppose to think happy thoughts here.

A win today could change things....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHORNS View Post
    I am and always will be a Rams fan. I survive the 90's but if the Rams continue to play without heart I do not know how much more I can take.

Bulger, Bruce, Holt, Witherspoon, Hill, and Jackson(Still not sure if he's an every down back) have been playing with heart.

The rest of the team IMHO have played inconsistent and without Heart. Tackling is very simple task and it takes more heart than technique or talent. Talent gets you in the position to make the tackle. Look at the S from Pittsburgh Troy he has alot of heart and WIhterspoon I've seen him fight off 2 guys and still make the tackle.

Most of it is the desire and the kind of player who is willing to put it on the line each and every play. Lets face our guys are more interested in collecting pay checks than making tackles.

I am loosing interest very fast.

Bottom line we have talent just no Heart and I am not impressed with Haslett or Lineham at this point. They better get this team on track.
    I agree that Linehan and Haslett haven't exactly blown me away. However in their defense they've taken over a high flying, reckless offense and weak defensive team. They are implementing a whole new style and the players have no choice but to buy into it. Let's not forget we have alot of veterans on this team and it's hard to teach and old dog new tricks.
    Last edited by laram0; -11-27-2006 at 10:07 AM.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHORNS View Post

The rest of the team IMHO have played inconsistent and without Heart.
    What about Pisa playing with a dislocated elbow AND broken hand, Kennedy playing through a broken hand, Timmerman in and out with a rib injury and Curtis shaking off a vicious hit and hospital stay to come back without missing a beat? If anything, this team has shown heart and toughness.

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CRAZYHORNS

The rest of the team IMHO have played inconsistent and without Heart.

"What about Pisa playing with a dislocated elbow AND broken hand, Kennedy playing through a broken hand, Timmerman in and out with a rib injury and Curtis shaking off a vicious hit and hospital stay to come back without missing a beat? If anything, this team has shown heart and toughness."

I agree that all of these players listed have shown heart. However, I am questioning some of the rest. Hopefully this is just a transitional year and the dead weight will be weeded out over the off season.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

I'm so glad we got to prove you wrong with a come behind win and crucial defensive stops. The whole team played with heart today and we got the W. GO RAMS!!!

bigredman is offline Registered User

To be fair to Crazy Horns...this is a little Monday morning quarterbacking going on...give the guy a break!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

pdawg is offline Registered User

I think they proved they have heart today. But inconsistency is what's going to do us in this season. I think that is to be expected when implementing a new system. This win was a huge boost though, and the division is still up for grabs IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    To be fair to Crazy Horns...this is a little Monday morning quarterbacking going on...give the guy a break!
    Sorry no free passes when you judge someone's character. The RAms even in their losses never gave up.

I stuck up for the Rams when denverram brought up this same topic after the Panthers loss. http://www.clanram.com/forums/showth...490#post145490

I too am dissapointed with the incosistency of their play and Linehan & Haslett's playcalling abilities, but to question the character of men you do not even know, saying they "have no heart" and "are just collecting a paycheck", is reprehensible. His post was full of unwarranted and non-factual statements. Had I seen it before the game I would have said something similar.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    I don't think so dude, I made my post well before the game started. Check the time stamp!

thoey is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    Sorry no free passes when you judge someone's character. The RAms even in their losses never gave up.
    There is a difference between a free pass and voicing a concern. We have all had many of those to voice this season. And I am sure there will be many more. Maybe next time it is you that voices it. Should you not get the same "free pass"?

This is a rebuilding year, whether we want it to be or not. Any time you have as much change as this team has, it is. There are going to be growing pains.
    This space for rent...

Quote Originally Posted by thoey View Post
    There is a difference between a free pass and voicing a concern. We have all had many of those to voice this season. And I am sure there will be many more. Maybe next time it is you that voices it. Should you not get the same "free pass"?

This is a rebuilding year, whether we want it to be or not. Any time you have as much change as this team has, it is. There are going to be growing pains.
    I may misjudge a lack of talent of a player, but I will never challenge someone's character unless there is overwhelming evidence to back up my point. The Rams may have lost 5 straight, but heart was never the issue.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Linehan actually recognized that the team was flat and unemotional during the Panthers game. I don't think that's the same as lack of heart?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I'd hate to see the tide turn against Linehan during his rookie season. Sorry for the cliche, but Rome wasn't built in a day. The GSOT came out of nowhere, but we struck gold several times all at once....Kurt who?, Faulk for peanuts, the rookie WR from NC State, the QB coach from the Redskins. That's not how it is typically done. It normally takes a couple of years, which is much more realistic in this case.

If nothing else, we should at least agree that Linehan has shown the ability and willingness to adapt by giving Olsen the go-ahead on playcalling. That is one thing Martz was criticized for, and now Linehan has shown he can.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Kane is offline Registered User

Linehan has disappointed me a bit lately, but fair play to the guy. He wasn't too proud to drop himself as playcaller, and that may have helped get the win.

The team has been too inconsistant for my liking this year, but providing we end the season with more wins than we had last season we've at least moved in the right direction in my book.

Don't agree about a lack of heart. Look at No:50 if you want to see a player with heart.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast