throwback week

bruce4life is offline Registered User

linehan and bulger not on same page...

i know this is probally redudent but it just seems like bulger looks confused on certain plays. i know its a new offensive scheme but at the same time linehan and bulger need to be on the same page. throw in some plays that the offense is familiar with like martz's patented dig routes that have been a staple in this offense for years...

1st & Goal Guest

Re: linehan and bulger not on same page...

If that is what is needed, then why did we get rid of Martz. You can not have it both ways. Hate his play calling but have the new coach run some of the old plays.

rammiser is online now Registered User

I did hate some of Martz play calls but I didnt hate his offense. I would not have been real disappointed if we kept Martz and got rid of Marmie and brought in Haslett, but thats not what happened. I feel like Linehan failed this team in pre-season. If the offense was that out of sync, and it was they should have played a little more. It's almost like they are getting used to the offense in the regular season instead of getting it down pat in the preseason. I'm sure they will come around, but my concern is will it be too late in the season?
    Just Fix It

RealRam is offline Registered User

Rest assured, B4L, they're working on it. Oh, are they working on it! :r

This game at Cardinals will prove whether we will have made serious progress or whether we'll need ANOTHER THREE GAMES to reach decency in the performance of our offense.

I mentioned after the Broncos game, something to the effect that it was an irony, that our defense would be the one to bail us out to win a game. Our D! And that our offense would be through a game without a TD. Our Rams offense!?!

You can almost see and hear them right now, Isaac Bruce, Madison Hedgecock, Marc Bulger, Kevin Curtis, Torry Holt, Steven Jackson ... going through their plays and routines over and over and over until they get it RIGHT! "LET'S GET IT RIGHT!"

They're working on it alright. And I hope we'll see results this Sunday:

THIRD GAME IS A CHARM
    Last edited by RealRam; -09-19-2006 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Syntax

norcalramfan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Rest assured, B4L, they're working on it. Oh, are they working on it! :r

This game at Cardinals will prove whether we will have made serious progress or whether we'll need ANOTHER THREE GAMES to reach decency in the performance of our offense.

I mentioned after the Broncos game, something to the effect that it was an irony, that our defense would be the one to bail us out to win a game. Our D! And that our offense would be through a game without a TD. Our Rams offense!?!

You can almost see and hear them right now, Isaac Bruce, Madison Hedgecock, Marc Bulger, Kevin Curtis, Torry Holt, Steven Jackson ... going through their plays and routines over and over and over until they get it RIGHT! "LET'S GET IT RIGHT!"

They're working on it alright. And I hope we'll see results this Sunday:

THIRD GAME IS A CHARM
    I certainly hope so! because i will be there with my Rams posse! GO RAMS :r

Varg6 is offline Registered User

We shall see results when not only Bulger is comfortable, but when the WR's, the running back(s), and the o-line start looking like an offense. I don't know what call our "offense" right now. I can't call us an offense yet until we see everyone on the same page. And that may not happen until mid to end of the year. Let's just try to be patient.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

LaRamsFanLongTime Guest

If that is what is needed, then why did we get rid of Martz. You can not have it both ways. Hate his play calling but have the new coach run some of the old plays.
    Martz was a brilliant offensive coordinator. He liked to gamble at times though and really seemed to lose his grasp on the whole team. There is a big difference from coordinator to head coach. Its not some thing any coach can do. Look at Haslett brilliant coordinator failed as a head coach.