Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    fearlessone is offline Registered User

Re: On Linehan debut

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    How about looking at Minnesota's team stats while Linehan was running the offense there. 2002 - 2nd in NFL total offense, 2003 - 1st in NFL total offense, 2004 - 4th in NFL total offense. When you look at the big picture, Linehan has a history of success.
    R8rh8rmike,

Thanks for your deeper knowledge of our coach Here is a question, did the Vikings ever make it to the playoffs in 2002 or 2003? I believe they lost to ATL after we did in 2004?

I like winning but I really love seeing the RAMS on the upside of a blowout of teams like the donkeys, *****, da cards and the c-chicks. I hope we can kick some arse this season!

Later,

FLO

Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by fearlessone View Post
    Thanks for your deeper knowledge of our coach Here is a question, did the Vikings ever make it to the playoffs in 2002 or 2003? I believe they lost to ATL after we did in 2004?
    Come on now FLO, we're talking about Linehan's abilities in running an offense as an play caller, right? You felt it was necessary to question Linehan, label him a "myopic play calling nerd" and reference what he did in Miami last year as indicative of his lack of success. I wanted to even things out and show what he did in Minnesota, which I believe gives a more accurate picture. The man has been successful in the NFL at guiding an offense.

Does he still have work to do in order to get the Ram offense on track? Did he make some questionable decisions with regard to play calling against the Broncos? Absolutely. But he deserves more than one game, his first game with the Rams and his new players, to get things running smoothly.

Again, if we see the same problems in week three against the Cardinals, we'll have something to talk about.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

It's one game fella's, let's all remember that, it's only one game. Let's talk about this as being a serious issue if we haven't crossed the goal line after week 3.

Not worried.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Linehan, a first year head coach is learning to implement his system with players he's not completely familiar with. Ram players are trying to learn that system. It was the first game of the season and we lined up against one of the best defenses in the NFL. This is a work in progress. Anyone who thought this was going to be the GSOT ll right out of the gates is fooling themselves.
    The real test will be next week against the whiners. If we don't have TDs there, then I am going to be real worried...By then, hopefully Bulger will have his plays down. Maybe he does, and the receivers don't. That whole offense wasn't terrible, it's still excellent, its just it was Very very shaky, and you can see that in how they played last sunday.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RealRam is offline Registered User

That whole offense wasn't terrible, it's still excellent; it's just that it was very, very shaky, and you can see that in how they played last Sunday. -- V6
    Last Sunday as in yesterday, right, V6? I agree, the elements are definitely there, the talent and even the TIME -- time to realize that it is real EARLY, but major adjustments are to be made. So the time is now.

I think we're all coming to general terms in seeing that,

a) It was game one. Game one = one game. As Pang said, 'not worried'.
    b) Must give Coach Linehan a couple more battles to start producing in all seriousness.
    c) Rams DEFENSE was what made the dire difference* yesterday, clearly.

*. How ironice, BTW, that all of a sudden, it is the D that saved the game (an almost perfect 180 degrees from what we had been seening) and the offense ended up as the part of the troops left to regroup, restore and reload.

If the Rams end up with strong, successful season, we will surely turn back to this 1st victory and remember it as Coach Linehan's tentative offense (and shaky, as V6 said), but will be glad for his debut -- giving him credit and wisdom for ending the game the way he did.

shortman1984 is offline Registered User

Yesh i was kinda worried though that our Offense had a hard time scoring in the preseason with the starters..i just figured ah its preseason nothing to worry about..but im not so sure now.. But hopefully next week will change....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12