Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rambos is online now Registered User

Is Linehan a dream come true or what?

So far he has said and done all the right things, from his opening press conference to donating the old weights and equipment to local schools. He brings in a DC with HC experience and turns him lose to rebuild the defense, with the philosophy the sooner Haslett turns this defense around the sooner he will be a HC again, making it a win, win. Linehan creates one, if not the largest Ram staffs ever and seems to delegate and manage it like he has done this before.

He handled the Bruce extension with a strategy in place; I for one was wondering what the hell is this guy thinking, cutting an icon like Bruce. But he knew this was the best way to get Bruce his money and save on the cap by cutting him and resigning him.

You would think with the soap opera that Rams Park has been in the recent years no FA would want to come in here and play for this team. But players have come in and have not left without signing. Signing one of the top FA available in the off-season in Spoon too not over paying for player currently on the roster, Linehan is getting it done.

I donít know if this is all a coincidence, but things just seem to be falling in place for our new HC. How nice will it be for Marc to have a veteran QB that knows the system to work with? How great is it for our defense to have a leader like Glover, who signed with the Rams before the CBA deal was done. Maybe if Glover does not sign, Spoon does not sign. Haslett influenced Gloverís signing, and we all know that Linehan hired Haslett, again smart and an ego free move, with the best interest of the team. Which is paying dividend already.

Itís in the details from updating the workout facility to sitting down with Marshal and Marc to get their input on the direction of the offense. Creating the most efficient way to implement the new terminology. So far this guy canít miss, I for one canít wait to see draft, so far I would say we are in good hands.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Is Linehan a dream come true or what?

I like everything about him so far but only time and wins and losses will tell.

sbramfan is offline Registered User

Rambos,

I 100% agree. True, if Martz were still around, he would have had this cap space to work with and likely would have brought in new defensive coordinator, but it just goes so much beyond the personell moves. You're right, hiring a previous head coach at D' Coordinator speaks volumes for his ego, or lack thereof. So far, he has held true to his word on all accounts. I wasn't sure I fully believed that he wanted Bruce back, which also then made me not sure I could believe what he said about wanting Marshall back. But seeing that the Bruce thing was a "wink wink" all along, is very assuring.

He came in with a plan, and that sold the FO, and now he's executing the plan, which sold me. There are still a lot of question marks on this team, but if he continues to say the right things, and make the right moves, I'm hopefull we have found a coach that will be in place for a long time, and will be very successful in the long run.

Sure we haven't seen him run the x's and o's, but I think we'll be just fine with Minnesota's offensive system, and Pittsburgh/New Orlean's defensive system.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I'm really happy with this guy, but unfortunately it comes down to if its a W or an L at the end of the day.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

I'm really happy with this guy, but unfortunately it comes down to if its a W or an L at the end of the day.
    I agree, it appears he’s a setting thing up to give us an opportunity to put up more wins then losses. I would say to this point he is making some good decision that will payoff on Sundays.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

NO.....He's just a coach.

ForEveryRamThatEarnsRegard

theodus69 is offline Registered User

And he may be here awhile. We need some stability!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

After all the turmoil last year, Linehan is definitely looking like a dream come true. He seems to have his priorities set, is pulling all the right strings and moving ahead with a clear vision. At this point, I don't think we could ask for much more, but as many have noted, it all comes down to success on the field. So far though, I'm feeling pretty good about the direction Linehan is taking the Rams.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter
    NO.....He's just a coach.
    I have to agree with ya Ferter. He is just a coach and time will tell what he is good at and what he is bad at.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rampete is offline Registered User

...I don’t know if this is all a coincidence, but things just seem to be falling in place for our new HC....
    this is what happens when the GM, or the President of Football Operations, is in a good mood...

coy bacon is offline Registered User

A dream come true! Heck no! Bah.

He's an unproven head coach. We could go 2 and 14, then what? Or, we could wear a ring at the end of the day.

So, he knows how to say the right things? He acts intelligently? So what? So do politicians, salesmen, and lawyers. That doesn't win football games.

My standards are higher; I don't give him much credit at this point in time. Show me the W-L column baby. Everything else is an enjoyable rhetorical excercise.

So, he knows how to say the right things? He acts intelligently? So what? So do politicians, salesmen, and lawyers. That doesn't win football games
    I can’t disagree with you more; it’s what we do now that will show up in the win loss column.

So, he knows how to say the right things?
    He said he would get a quality DC and he did. He said he would start to rebuild the defense and we are looking at maybe 7 new starters so he has. No one knows how well these guys are going to play, but he’s doing more then lip service to this point.

He acts intelligently?
    I would say he’s not shooting himself in the foot. He could have hired an unknown DC with no connection to any players or coaches but he’s too smart for that.

So what? So do politicians, salesmen, and lawyers…
    He came in to his interview with the Rams with a detailed game plan. Not just a sale pitch. He has accomplished a lot in his short term with the Rams. I have gotten to know two lawyers, on this board, no offense taken.

That doesn't win football games.
    This does have an impact on wins and loses, when you can’t get veterans to come in here and play due to the circus environment, you start to lose. This is a place of work, these guys have to show up and work in the environment.

My standards are higher
    What are your standards? Should we be going in another direction with the coaches we have hired, the players we have signed. The over all attitude that Linehan is trying to create.

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos
    What are your standards? Should we be going in another direction with the coaches we have hired, the players we have signed. The over all attitude that Linehan is trying to create.
    I might be swinging and missing, but I think his standards are spoiled-superbowl 34-standards. :tongue:

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Heres my standards

1.Win 5 straight SuperBowls

2. 5 more would be more than the Cowboys,Steelers,and *******

3.No team has gone to 5 straight SuperBowls

4. no team has won 5 straight SuperBowls,not even 3

5.When Its all said and done the Rams go down as the greatest in history with all the records.

Some people think I'm some kind of psycho.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

bigredman is offline Registered User

I lay shivering half naked in a mist of fog created by a waterfall deep in the Hawaiian Islands. From the frothy pond I see Linehan walking slowly toward me, water beading down from his soaked hair, across his broad shoulders, and down his muscular chest and abdomen. Our eyes meet...........OOPS wrong dream!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast