RamWraith is offline Registered User

Linehan expects rotate his three guards

Timmerman likely will play against *****

BY STEVE KORTE
    News-Democrat
    ST. LOUIS - Right guard Adam Timmerman has been upgraded from questionable to probable for the St. Louis Rams' game against the San Francisco ***** on Sunday.

Timmerman, who has sore ribs, was able to practice Thursday. He was held out of practice on Wednesday.

"I watched him, and it didn't look like it was bothering him," Rams coach Scott Linehan said.

Timmerman, who has a streak of 181 consecutive games played, said he expects to play against the *****.

"I'd be surprised if I don't," Timmerman said. "On game day, they can give me something for the pain."

Timmerman said he's been getting a sharp pain in his side whenever he moves the wrong way.

"I don't know if it's a muscle thing or a cartilage thing, but every once in while when I'm torqueing the trunk, I get a little shooting pain," Timmerman said. "It's improving, and hopefully by Sunday it'll be fine."

Linehan said Timmerman would probably serve in a three-player rotation at the two guard spots with rookie Mark Setterstrom and Adam Goldberg also seeing some time.

"With Adam's health, we'll probably play three guards in this game," Linehan said.

That means veteran Todd Steussie will slide from right guard to right tackle.

Holiday schedule

The Rams moved up their practice schedule Thursday so players and coaches could celebrate Thanksgiving with their families.

Linehan said he was planning a Thanksgiving dinner at home with his immediate family.

"It'll be our first one in St. Louis, so it'll be one that we always remember," Linehan said.

Linehan said his wife, Kristen, will be cooking a meal for their three kids, Matthew, 11, Michael, 9, and Marcus, 5.

"It's getting to be a bigger get-together," Linehan said. "I have three boys and three dogs, so it's getting a little more complicated."

Asked what he was thankful about, Linehan said, "I'm thankful for everything. I get to do this for a living, and my family is pretty special to me."

Thanksgiving feast

Timmerman, who gave up his beloved donuts earlier this year as part of his new healthy diet, said he won't be counting calories during Thanksgiving dinner.

"I'm going to have to wear sweat pants today like everybody else," Timmerman said.

Timmerman said he planned to pile the food high on his Thanksgiving plate.

"That plate is full with gravy on everything," Timmerman said. "It's not a day for health food."

Running back Steven Jackson said his mother was making the trip from the family's home in Las Vegas to St. Louis to cook for him on Thanksgiving.

"I'm not putting her to work," Jackson said. "She loves to cook for her baby boy."

Strong safety Corey Chavous said he shovels a little of almost every entree on his plate.

"The only thing I don't put on there is those mustard greens," Chavous said.

chiguy is offline Registered User

Re: Linehan expects rotate his three guards

The o-line makes more sense this week. I'm surprised we didn't go that way initially, even with Steussie's misgivings about where he should play these days.

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

That means veteran Todd Steussie will slide from right guard to right tackle.
    I assume this means Barron will be on the left, filling in for Pace.

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    I assume this means Barron will be on the left, filling in for Pace.
    Well, nothing gets by you does it?