Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Varg6 is offline Registered User

Linehan and how he dresses...

I am sorry, but does Scott Linehan not look like he dresses like he is from Star Trek or something? And the hair as well is quite funky indeed...maybe he should go back to flying space crafts or whatever him and Captain Kirk do?

Sorry, but he always reminded me like he was from Star Trek and everyone is bashing him so I may as well come out and make fun of how he dresses :P

Anyways, being completely serious here...There are some issues I have here. Linehan may have one of the unluckiest situations in the world however he does not make his luck at all. When you call a run on 3rd and 16, that is showing you give up and you want to be fired. How can he run his mouth after a game and say we're not giving up, we're working at it, etc when he is the one that gives up? There is no way that players are happy with him, he has no fire, no spark. I hate to call anyone a loser, but after the Baltimore game, Scott...You're a loser and you do not deserve to be a head coach. I am so unbelieveably angry (always have been since he got hired) that he insisted that he hired all of his buddies instead of searching for a credible and reliable OC/DC (Although Haslett has had success). I strongly disagree with friendships mixing with business relationships and that is what he mingles with and it drives me absolutely nuts. This is a professional football organization and he is the man behind it being a laughing stock. Yeah we've had injuries but he puts more flame to the fire by what he has done with his playcalling, and keeping Bulger in for so long. He is that much of an idiot that he needed the guys from upstairs to get him benched? That is awful! I feared (Oh Goodness, why'd I put that in past tense?) for Bulger's life when he played. I cringed when he would get up after virtually every play vs Dallas. Oh, and is irony not unbelievably disasterous for this team? We have 2 quarterbacks...oh and of course a converted QB-to-WR...Just in case! We won't even have to come to that! Just ship off Fitzpatrick who is young and is much more capable of taking hits than a 30-something year old Frerotte. Fitz would've played so much better than him too, I guarantee it. And so what if you argue about that? Are you ever going to see him in a Rams uniform ever again? Nope. We're stuck with basically 2 quarterbacks. It is truly mind-boggling and completely depressing. I am a young guy and I've always known what I've wanted in life, wanted to be as a job, wanted to have a certain team and this is the TEAM for me...THAT is never going to change, but I feel like I've been a fan long enough (Obviously not as long as some of you...) to be able to complain about this massacre. I've read basically every article from each and every day that comes along from this message board and there are some users that have been fans for 30+ years and I've seen at least one or two saying this is by far the worst state they've ever seen the Rams in...That is saying a lot considering we've had some bad years back in the 80's/90's. (Correct me if I'm mistaken, please.)

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

curleyski Guest

Angry Re: Linehan and how he dresses...

VARG6, look at how well KEVIN CURTIS is doing and you will see another fine example of what linehan has done with this team. it seems like most guys who left the rams are playing at a pretty high level, doing well while their replacements that linehan brought in are non factors so far. i like most of what you say, the 90's rams were just awful but i stuck by them as i am now but this is just too much to bear sometimes. i agree with others when they say that he would make a good OC but not a good HC, just as mad mike martz was. how in the hell did we allow a second string QB on a very average ravens team put 22 on us and us:l not even score a frickin' TD???? and 3 picks (again), i am losing my mind!!

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: Linehan and how he dresses...

Quote Originally Posted by curleyski View Post
    VARG6, look at how well KEVIN CURTIS is doing and you will see another fine example of what linehan has done with this team.
    How well is Curtis REALLY doing? Let's look a little closer...

Week 1 - 2 catches 53 yards 0 TDs vs Green Bay a good defense
    Week 2 - 4 catches 28 yards 0 TDs vs Wash a good defense
    Week 3 - 11 catches 221 yards 3 TDs vs Detroit a horrible defense
    Week 4 - 2 catches 21 yards 0 TDs vs NYG a defense that's getting better
    Week 6 - 5 catches 121 yards 1 TD vs NYJ a bad defense

So one big game against a non existent Lions defense and a normal game against the Jets. So let's not paint it like we gave up Randy Moss. I don't think Curtis would have changed much if anything here this year.

Linehan also got us Tye Hill, Carriker, Clifton Ryan, Donnie Jones etc. So if you want to paint a picture of Linehan, don't forget to paint the good moves he made not just the questionable or bad moves.

As for how he dresses, I never noticed Varg.
    Last edited by ramsbruce; -10-15-2007 at 11:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

So Scott Linehan's mother dresses him funny. Man, when it rains it pours. I guess the bashing goes with the territory, but I really feel for the guy and wish he had a chance to operate under reasonable circumstances.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Holt the season = 6 games, 32 receptions, 384 yards, 3 TDs

Kevin Curtis = 5 games, 24 receptions, 444 yards, 4 TDs

Very odd, I would have never thought it would look like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    So Scott Linehan's mother dresses him funny. Man, when it rains it pours. I guess the bashing goes with the territory, but I really feel for the guy and wish he had a chance to operate under reasonable circumstances.
    Wait, his mother dresses him????? Fire him NOW!
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Wait, his mother dresses him????? Fire him NOW!
    I heard that from Bernie, so........

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    I hate to call anyone a loser, but after the Baltimore game, Scott...You're a loser and you do not deserve to be a head coach. I am so unbelieveably angry (always have been since he got hired) that he insisted that he hired all of his buddies instead of searching for a credible and reliable OC/DC (Although Haslett has had success). I strongly disagree with friendships mixing with business relationships and that is what he mingles with and it drives me absolutely nuts. This is a professional football organization and he is the man behind it being a laughing stock.
    He didn't hire all of his buddies. Haslett wasn't his buddy and it was a bold hire. Al Roberts who is his buddy has done a good job with special teams. Olson his buddy last year did a nice job, this year, ehhh not so much, but again some of that and I stress SOME not all is because of injuries. So our DC is credible, our ST is credible, and for a while our OC was credible, now I say the OC probably needs to go because injuries or not I didn't like his gameplan for Tampa and some other situations. Hiring some people you are familiar with is common practice in the NFL, it's nothing new.

We have 2 quarterbacks...oh and of course a converted QB-to-WR...Just in case! We won't even have to come to that! Just ship off Fitzpatrick who is young and is much more capable of taking hits than a 30-something year old Frerotte. Fitz would've played so much better than him too, I guarantee it. And so what if you argue about that? Are you ever going to see him in a Rams uniform ever again? Nope. We're stuck with basically 2 quarterbacks. It is truly mind-boggling and completely depressing.
    I don't think you can guarantee Fitz would have played any better. Everyone seems to always bring up the Colts and say why can't we do what the Colts do, well the Colts only have 2 QBs. I liked the move, we got a draft pick, and if we got down to Fitz anyways we weren't going to be winning, so why not open up a roster spot and get a draft pick.

I am a young guy and I've always known what I've wanted in life, wanted to be as a job, wanted to have a certain team and this is the TEAM for me...THAT is never going to change, but I feel like I've been a fan long enough (Obviously not as long as some of you...) to be able to complain about this massacre. I've read basically every article from each and every day that comes along from this message board and there are some users that have been fans for 30+ years and I've seen at least one or two saying this is by far the worst state they've ever seen the Rams in...That is saying a lot considering we've had some bad years back in the 80's/90's. (Correct me if I'm mistaken, please.)
    This is the worst state I have ever seen for injuries on a team ever, but as for the worst Rams team I don't think it is. Some of those 90s teams were worse. Did I mention Tony Banks? Enough said.

blood85 Guest

Linehan must go....funky dress and hairstyle and all...

blood85 Guest

Maybe captain Kirk or Scotty are available.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Maybe we're onto something here?

Have Linehan's mother watch a Patriots game. Scott needs to dress like Bill Belichick.
    Yeah, that's it, than we'll have more wins than we know what to do with.

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Maybe we're onto something here?

Have Linehan's mother watch a Patriots game. Scott needs to dress like Bill Belichick.
    Yeah, that's it, than we'll have more wins than we know what to do with.
    Yeah, the street bum look is working out okay for Belichick isn't it?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Yeah, the street bum look is working out okay for Belichick isn't it?
    Yes and his hair is always a mess!

jkramsfan Guest

he can go out there dressed like Richard Simmons and I wouldn't care as long as we won.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Varg6 maybe your onto something...perhaps Linehan ought to go KLINGON; why I hated the wimpy Federation, always keeping there phazers on stun rather then EXTRA-crispy. So far I see Linehands approach to football as more a Chess Club activity then a boot ups someones butt sport.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast