Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Linehan may not be making the horse drink, but he's leading it to the tainted water

Don't blame Linehan for Gus Frerotten's awful play on the final series.

Blame him for allowing the game to reach a point at which we had to rely on Gus to win the game.

With a 19-7 lead, a Head Coach needs to manage the game to keep the opposing team from getting back into the game. Linehan has failed at this task EVERY WEEK for the last several games. Even in the two games that the Rams won this season, they let the opposition back into the game after taking what appeared to be a commanding lead.

I've posted before regarding the second half collapses. It is clearly a trend. Linehan is NOT GOOD AT ADJUSTING TO GAME CONDITIONS! He has no ability to stay one step ahead of the opposition. Instead, he stares at the clock, hoping the minutes will tick away.

There are a lot of changes that need to be made. The O line needs to get healthy, and get some help. The pass rush needs an overhaul. The run defense needs more help from the SS spot. The WR corps needs a deep threat.

But make no mistake...

The team needs a new HC too.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -11-25-2007 at 06:52 PM.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Linehan may not be making the horse drink, but he's leading it to the tainted wat

Blame him for allowing the game to reach a point at which we had to rely on Gus to win the game.
    You are correct sir!

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Re: Linehan may not be making the horse drink, but he's leading it to the tainted wat

Just as in College Football, if a HC can't beat its major rival opponent, the call for his head is imminent.:notworking::x:\:waiting:
    Off with thy Head, LINNY!! and put it in the Refrigerator.....and close the door, the lights are out, the eggs are coolin', the butter's getting hard, and the JELLO's jigglin!!!:wtf::troll::imho::beer:fftopic::x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Milan is offline Registered User

Once is an anomaly, twice is a coincidence, three times is a pattern.

In this case, it's happened every game where we have had a lead going into the 2nd half.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Milan View Post
    Hit the nail on the head my friend. And Avenger as usual, you know what is going on and your words of wisdom are unfortunately sad but true.

Linehan cannot make up for the injuries that have occured and honestly I doubt the front office will fire him after the end of the season but the personnel we have mixed with the players we have simply don't mesh. It seems like they cannot co-exist together and play football on Sunday because we do have the talent even with the injuries we have the offensive firepower to blow teams out of the water, yet we just don't get the job done.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

mh-i is offline Registered User

I do blame Linehan and staff for NEVER making counter adjustments to the Rams opponents half-time adjustments. I also blame Linehan for having an absolute stiff like Ferrotte as his back-up. Yes we've had alot of injuries this season but in the end Linehan is a train wreck as a head coach and given that the Rams won't be able to turn the corner until he is replaced.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Milan View Post

In this case, it's happened every game where we have had a lead going into the 2nd half.
    And it's going to continue to happen as long as we have a team that has been weakened to the point of starting street free agents on the OL. We don't have the horses to compete effectively in the second half of games. Speaking of patterns, are we now on our 14th line combination, or is it 15th?

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

We need a new HC and OC, consitency and depth in the OL, a complete overhaul of the DE spots, bulk at LB, and more. When will this team finally turn the corner and turn into a contender again??

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    And it's going to continue to happen as long as we have a team that has been weakened to the point of starting street free agents on the OL. We don't have the horses to compete effectively in the second half of games. Speaking of patterns, are we now on our 14th line combination, or is it 15th?
    how were they able to drive right down the field at the end of the game,with the game on the line ? I don't think I understand your point, these same guys are able to put up 19 points in the first half but are not phsically able to play hard in the second half ? I find that a little hard to believe at the NFL level,but I am not dismissing that it could be fact.

I don't think I understand your point, these same guys are able to put up 19 points in the first half but are not phsically able to play hard in the second half ?
    This what I am also am seeing, we may not have everyone on the O line, but we can move the ball early in the games. Then we get a lead and start to try and hang on. In 5 drives we never took a shot until late in the game when we had too and we get a pass interference call. Dante was giving us one great return after another and we do nothing with it.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    he stares at the clock, hoping the minutes will tick away.

Okay, you caught me. Guilty as charged but I'll bet I'm not the only one.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    how were they able to drive right down the field at the end of the game,with the game on the line ? I don't think I understand your point, these same guys are able to put up 19 points in the first half but are not phsically able to play hard in the second half ? I find that a little hard to believe at the NFL level,but I am not dismissing that it could be fact.
    What got us down the field on that last series? A 24 yard pass interference penalty.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    What got us down the field on that last series? A 24 yard pass interference penalty.
    I think it was a little more than that,although that was a part of it and I believe the o-line gave him enough time to go down the field on that pass that was called interference.

AtlantaRamFan is offline Registered User

Ok, Linehan does deserve blame for not adjusting. I agree with that, but was anyone else livid that a professional quarterback couldn't hit Bruce from like 5 yards away? That would have won the game. It shouldn't have been to the point where we HAD to win it, agreed. But the fact is, we were in that position and that aweful pass cost the Rams a win. Can we all agree that if Linehan goes then so does his sorry excuse for a backup?

You don't get that call if you go into a shell, if they don't grab Bruce he might have caught the pass.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast