Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Linehan offense and the tight-end

One big notable about Linehan will be a breath of fresh-air is his use of the tight-end. He seems to really empowers a good tight-end, whether in Minnesota (Wiggins, Chamberlain, Kleinsasser) or McMichael in Miami. I am guessing V. Davis will be one on his radar early in the draft. It will be nice to finally see some production out of that position.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: Linehan offense and the tight-end

Bye bye Manu
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

RamJackson39 Guest

Leonard Pope should be available in the second. At a glance, the only two teams that I think could really use a TE early in the draft are St.Louis and Chicago. I might be wrong, but from a glance; that is what I saw.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I don't know, guys. I still think we need more help on D than at TE. I'd hate to wait 40 picks before we get a look at our first new D draftee.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

viper is offline Registered User

I agree Wraith, the TE position has been overlooked way too long. That will help in both the receiving and the running game. I'm looking forward to it. But, I'm with Hub...we need to go defense in the 1st round or two.

That is if Mrs. Robinson, uh, er.. Frontiere doesn't mess it up!

RamWraith is offline Registered User

I am not sold on needing d right away. This draft is deep at linebacker and some other defensive needs. We need a tight-end bad, and kids like this don't come along often.

The other thing...I am really sick of wasting draft picks on players that we will need to develop and defense tends to be that way. I think I am in the Davis fan club.

Rambos is offline Registered User

We have so many needs; what about taking the player that can have the most impact on either side of the ball. If guys like A.J. HAWK, MARIO WILLIAMS, VERNON DAVIS are there at the 11th pick, most likely they won’t but if they are there. You take the guy that can have the biggest impact, not sure if we will be looking for a position over the best player available. If VERNON DAVIS is the best player on the board, I would take him over a defensive player that is the best defensive player on the board, but not the best player on the board.

Blankman17 Guest

I'll tell ya what, I would absolutely love to snag Huff if he's around.

jkramsfan Guest

i was thinking defense with the pick also, but you guys make a great case for picking a tight end and getting quality defenseive players in the later rounds,great call.

NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User

I'm sorry, but what about that TE from ND - I don't remember his name? is he going to the nfl or he is staying another year?

sprtsmac Guest

I have not seen Davis play but everything that I have read about him makes him sound like a stud. A top notch TE would really help the team and make our offense very scary. However, I would have a hard time choosing between Davis and Huff if they both were still available. Too bad we couldn't swing a 2 for 1 deal.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by NY RAMFAN
    I'm sorry, but what about that TE from ND - I don't remember his name? is he going to the nfl or he is staying another year?
    Anthony Fassano, and yea I think he's gonna be a good one. Kiper has him going late in the first, but I think most boards have him around the 3rd round.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RealRam is online now Registered User

Defense is THE priority, of course, but nothing wrong in anticipating the emphasis on TE that Coach Linehan will make on TEs.

Roland Williams ... job security.

RamsFan16 Guest

No!! Not a TE in the first round. Plenty left in the 2nd and 3rd Rounds! We need D D D!

general counsel is offline Registered User

I dont care who the tight end is, didnt everyone on this board see enough this year to believe that we need DEFENSE, defense and more defense. Tight end upgrade would be great, but at the end of the day, we arent going to win or lose next season over the tight end position. We have plenty of weapons on offense. We need DEFENSE. Coaching alone will NOT do it.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast