RamWraith is offline Registered User

Linehan/Player Quotes

Head Coach Scott Linehan

October 3, 2007

(Opening Remarks)

Kirkwood High School’s Larry Frost is this week’s U.S. Army/Rams Coach of the Week award winner. They just keep on winning down there. I want to recognize a job well done by Larry, his staff and football team.

“Drew Bennett was limited in practice. He did practice most of the routes. Isaac Bruce did not practice. Marc Bulger was limited in practice. Corey Chavous did not practice. Quinton Culberson was full practice; he had an ankle injury in the game. Adam Goldberg did not practice. James Hall was limited in practice. Tye Hill was limited in practice today. Richie Incognito was full practice. Steven Jackson did not practice. Dane Looker did not practice. Chris Massey was limited in practice and Raonall Smith did not practice.

“There are a couple of adjustments that I, personally, am trying as far as to get some things back in the right direction. Evaluating and looking at the last three games, the condition of our quarterback, I adamantly defend anything I’ve said in defense of Marc Bulger because I will say that until the bitter end. He’s been playing injured. It was my decision based on clearance by the doctor’s to play him the last three weeks with some very painful cracked ribs and a very painful bruised knee. That adds up. There is no question in my mind that this has affected his ability to play at the level he expects to play and we expect him to play as well.

“Monday, I was still trying to evaluate where it was at. After watching the games again, especially the last three games, I just made the decision that I’m going to start Gus Frerotte this week because Marc’s not healthy enough to continue playing as our starting quarterback. Until he gets healthy that’s what we’re going to do. That’s this week. Anything beyond what we do after this week, you can ask me next Monday what we’re doing and I’ll try to answer as much as I know at that point. That decision was made solely, 100 percent by me. The decision to play him was 100 percent made by myself. Any theories on anything out there that is said is absolutely not true. That’s been my decision. I look forward to helping Marc Bulger get back in the lineup as soon as possible.”

(On if QB Marc Bulger returns to the starting lineup when he’s healthy)

“When he’s healthy, for sure. He has a ways to go. He’s been trying to get himself through weeks of practice. He was better last week than he was the week before. It just doesn’t work at this point. We have to get him back 100 percent so we can get him back on the field.”

(On if something happened at the Dallas game to bring him to this decision)

“No – the culmination of the last games. My expectation is the same as his expectation is to play at an extremely efficient level and it hasn’t been able to be accomplished to this point. It’s obvious to me that there is something genuinely wrong. I knew there was, but Marc’s played banged up before and would play banged up this week. He’s like everyone else, disappointed that things have not gone the way we expected them to go at this point. I’ve had to make that decision and I’ve gone with it.”

(On Bulger’s status for the Arizona game)

“He will be a No. 2 as an emergency. Something would have to happen to Gus (Frerotte). Because of our quarterback situation being we’ve gone with two, we will have Marques Hagans up this week because of our receiver situation. He will be available for emergency status. If something happened, Marc’s well enough to go out and play football, but to play at the level he has to play, I don’t believe that’s where we’re at right now.”

(On if WR Marques Hagans has taken a lot of snaps at quarterback)

“He takes a limited amount of snaps. He has to play receiver this week, so it’s kind of hard to have him do too much quarterback until Friday. We’ll do some things with him Friday. Marc is going to take snaps. He’ll snap tomorrow and the next day just to be ready, just like Gus would do.”

(On activating QB Brock Berlin from the practice squad)

“There is a thought to that. My predicament is we don’t have any room to release anybody on our roster because of injury. If we were fairly healthy right now we could possibly release somebody. I would have to release a player that would probably be starting for us next week. That’s how thin we are. I’m going to still consider it. If there is a way for us to have Brock up I would do it, otherwise we’re going to have to go with this other plan and have Marc be emergency and still have Marques available.”

(On changing his decision to bench Bulger)

“I watched the pass plays and there was no way in my mind that some of the throws Marc missed, he would miss in his sleep. I truly believe that. I don’t want to be stubborn about it and stick with him. I’m very protective about Marc Bulger and what he can do. I know what he’s going to do for our football team. I think it’s my responsibility to see and act upon a position that’s not performing at the level we expect it to perform and find out the reason why. There is no question in my mind that it’s because he’s in extreme discomfort as he’s trying to throw and move in the pocket.”

(On if the doctor’s have cleared Bulger to play)

“He can play. He wouldn’t play if we didn’t think he’d get hurt worse. It’s just a matter of based on his ability to perform at the level we need him to perform at.”

(On when he came to the decision about resting Bulger)

“I slept on it Monday night. I informed the offensive staff on Tuesday morning. I’m sure they were surprised based on where I was on Monday. We meet on Monday for a good portion of the morning and then we come back again and meet Monday afternoon. I have media obligations Monday night and the offensive staff meets for a good portion of Monday night. I went into my office and evaluated it again. I looked at it and decided this was probably the right thing to do at this point.”

(On the decision to take over play-calling duties)

“Again, that’s another thing I wanted people to inform of at the right time. That’s a decision I made Monday, as well, and it’s based on what I think is the right thing to do right now. I stand by Greg Olson 100 percent and always will. He’s a good friend of mine, but more importantly he’s my offensive coordinator. He was the first person I hired when I got this job and I hired him to do the job he’s going to do for me on Sunday, which is be the offensive coordinator. He’s going to be in the booth. He’s going to assist me in calling the game. I think it’ll be an even better situation now that we have the familiarity after working together now for a year and a half. He knows exactly what I’m looking for. He did an outstanding job for me and is an outstanding coordinator and playcaller. As you all know, last year we had a very good finish to our season. This season, for a number of reasons – I could go through a whole bunch of excuses – we’ve had some real tough luck offensively when it comes to how you’re managing your offensive group. I just look at it as a lineup change; we’re just kind of moving guys around. Greg’s very effective for me up there and I think he’ll be twice as effective now that we’ve had the experience of him being on the field. We’re not doing so well right now, to state the obvious. I just felt like that we’d make a few changes and try something new.”

(On how Olson handled the news)

“I’m sure Greg is very disappointed. The thing about it is he has so much pride in what he does. Greg is such a good person, he feels like he’s let somebody down. I explained to him and said, ‘I’m not doing this because you’re not doing your job, I’m doing this because I feel like I have to do my job better.’ It’s just something I feel that strongly about. It’s obviously something I’ve done for a number of years and with the advent of making a quarterback change for this week and all the stuff that goes around with that and the way I know Gus, I think it’s something that will be good timing, as well. Greg is a true professional and he’s a great person. He’s handled this thing 100 percent professional and he’s a team player and will do whatever he feels I need to help us improve.”

(On calling plays)

“One of our obvious problems is offensively we’re going through a hard time and there’s a number of reasons. You can go through all the injuries and all the things that cause this to be an adverse environment right now, but because I feel it’s something I’m very confident in, and feel like when you need to change things up, I think you need to be the change that you want to see on the team. I want to see significant change. I want players to know that we’re not just looking to replace players or move players around or things like that, we’re looking to make adjustments as coaches so they all know it’s a complete team effort. I think that’s part of my growth as a head coach, knowing that it does go both ways sometimes.”

(On what changes need to happen in the play calling)

“It’s hard to explain. I think we just need to perform better. I think sometimes the urgency of our offense has to improve. It’s not Greg’s fault, it’s not the quarterback’s fault, it’s all of our (faults). I think when you are willing to address that as the head coach and the person that’s primarily in charge of the offense, it does get the attention of the other players. What I want them to see is a different urgency from our group – tempo and everything.”

(On if Wednesday’s practice was productive in spite of all the injuries)

“I thought it was very productive. For the first time since I’ve been coaching pro football I saw just about as many starters playing show team as show team players, which is a great sign. Guys stepped in; we asked them this morning in team meetings – we were going to have to have starters give looks on show team and guys just jumped right in. We didn’t have to ask for anybody to go in there. That’s a sign of good leadership and guys are willing to do whatever it takes at this point. It was different. We didn’t have the numbers to go at the pace and the tempo that you like to have all the time, but once we got into each team period after we gave guys the chance to rest that were going both ways, they moved very, very well.”

(On QB Gus Frerotte)

“He’s a healthy quarterback right now. Gus has numerous starts in the league. He was 9-6 for me in Miami in his first year as a starter for me full time. He was 3-0 for me in Minnesota in 2003 when Daunte (Culpepper) got hurt. To me he’s a proven quarterback in this league and he has proven leadership skills to step in as a backup and have the credibility in that huddle to get the job done. Even better yet, he understands his role; he knows what he’s being asked to do. The best part about this is the first person he’s going to talk to and explain as to why we’re in this situation, because he’s done it, is Marc. He’s been through that and done it for me when Daunte was hurt in ’03 and I’m calling upon him to do it again here.”

(On Frerotte being rusty)

“He hasn’t played, but the great thing about Gus is he takes all the snaps on the show team, which is not that common for the backup. A lot of times the three does that a number of places. He takes every snap, so he gets himself ready. We give him at least two snaps of each team period during the week anyway just because we’re trying to prepare our backups and especially our quarterback. I’ll never forget I think in ’03 when Daunte got hurt against Detroit right before halftime, the first plays that Gus came we basically ran all go three plays in a row and he threw the ball 65 yards in the air three times and one of them he hit Moss down the sideline and he never even warmed up. If you remember last year he came in against San Francisco and it was right before half and we were just trying to get in position to take a shot on a field goal and he threw three balls down the field – never even warmed up. The guy just has the ability and that knack. He’s very comfortable in the huddle, very comfortable with the team and in the pocket. I go back to my experience in Miami with a football team that really there was very little expectation for and I just remember what he was able to do for that football team and how he kept us in business every week. We finished the season with six straight wins that year, which was a phenomenal finish, and Gus played very, very well for us, so I have a lot of confidence in him.”

(On the importance of having a veteran backup quarterback)

“That’s why Gus is here. That’s why he was one of the first guys I wanted to bring here, knowing that Marc’s our quarterback, but also you’re one injury away from having your second string quarterback be your starter. It’s very important. It’s a little less comforting knowing you have a good young player (as your backup) that still does not have any proven snaps in this league. You’re seeing really exactly why he’s here.”

(On if the dynamics will change with him calling plays)

“Really not. Some of it has to do with maybe my feeling on how I want to call it or change it some. The dynamics of the game plan really are pretty much the same. I think the biggest difference is I know mainly in my mind based on where we are as far as personnel who’s going to be playing for us – who’s playing for us up front, who’s playing for us at the tailback position. I have my vision of how we’re going to call the game in place in my mind probably more so now than it would be as we’re getting ready to call a game and someone else call it, but that’s not that unusual.”

(On the status of S Corey Chavous)

“I would not rule him out yet, but it’s going to be a game time-decision. I would think we would know more as we get into tomorrow and Friday as to whether it’s that realistic or not.”

(On who will play safety if Chavous is inactive)

“There are certain things Jerome (Carter) is going to do well and probably would have a slight edge over Todd (Johnson), but only because of the game plan. We have confidence in both to step in and start and we’re kind of looking at them both as potential starters in this game.”

(On WR Isaac Bruce being a game-time decision)

“I would say yes. We’ll know more where Isaac is by Friday.”

(On how G Richie Incognito looked in practice)

“He looked fairly good. I talked to him after practice. He’s very, very upbeat. I watched every play today to get a feel on how he looked and was responding to coming off the ball. He looked very comfortable.”

(On how the rest of the team affects Bulger’s performance)

“We all have our little piece to this struggle we’re in. I just refuse to go down the road with the issues with the injuries up front or the performance of our quarterback or anything like that. You can come up with a number of excuses if you want to. The biggest thing I want the record to be set straight on, I know what a great quarterback Marc Bulger is. I know at 100 percent Marc Bulger’s playing a lot better football regardless of any of the issues. I narrow it down to really one issue, the fact is he is genuinely injured to the point he can’t perform at the level we expect and he expects.”

(On who will play left guard and left tackle)

“Richie (Incognito) goes, and Milford (Brown) has played a game and some snaps at right tackle, as well as Brandon Gorin, so we’re kind of in a position of competition right now at right tackle. The left guard position, Claude Terrell is still there, but I’d like to give Andy (McCollom) a chance to get in the lineup. There is no question he is a proven player. Definitely center is his position, but I could see a real benefit of getting Andy in the lineup as well. We have some mini competitions going. Assuming that Richie is okay through this week, at that left guard and right tackle spot.”

(On how CB Fakhir Brown looked in Wednesday’s practice)

“Fahkir was good. He had a really good day. It was noticeable having him back out there, getting hands on balls, and tight on coverage. It’s nice to have him back out there. My message to the football team was, ‘we started our climb back into being healthy and getting our roster back into place with Fakhir being out there and Richie being out there today.’ Hopefully we’ve turned a corner.”

(On WR Drew Bennett’s injury improving)

“I’ve done the one sit out. I hope we don’t have to go there. I think he’s improved some. It hasn’t gotten a lot better. It’s been the same and has affected his ability to go full speed in practice. That does affect some things. I think he’ll be improving. I’ll know by Friday. Friday’s usually the day where you see guys get significantly better through the week. Hopefully you’ll see closer to full speed by Bennett this Friday.”

(On when WR Dane Looker returned to St. Louis from the Dallas hospital)

“He got back last night. He was out there today on crutches. It was the most bizarre, scary, but probably more ugly looking than maybe the seriousness of it, contusion I’ve ever seen. It just built up on the leg and his leg was twice the size of his other leg. Dr. Matava gave me the exact description of what it is. It’s such a bad contusion that the blood clogs in the leg above the muscle. The good thing for Dane is that it’s not a muscle tear or anything like that. It’s a bruise. The part that has to get taken care of is he has to get all of that excess blood that’s kind of formed on top of the leg out of there. They’ve tried to drain it, but it’s so hard to get out of there they are probably going to have to do some kind of incision and bring it out. It’s not a pretty sight. He’s a tough guy.”

(On if he came back into the game after the injury)

“He caught a pass and I said, ‘Dane you have to tell me.’ I didn’t know it was that bad. He said, ‘I just saw so many guys going down.’”

Cardinals Head Coach Ken Whisenhunt

October 3, 2007

(On what their plans are for quarterback)

“Well we are going to go with the same approach. Matt’s (Leinart) obviously going to be our starter and start the game and we will at some point during the game use Kurt (Warner) in that same role that we have been using him. It seemed to work for us pretty good in these last two games. Both of our guys seem good with it, seem ok with it, and we are going to proceed that way.”

(On what made him come up with playing both QB’s)

“From my experience in the AFC North playing Baltimore, I knew how difficult it was to prepare for them. So going into that week, it’s a big enough burden for a young quarterback to prepare against that defense, we knew that we wanted to use the no-huddle aspect of our offense because it had been good against them and we felt like the least impact to our team was to let Kurt (Warner) run that aspect of it because he was much more experienced with it. So we used it that way in the game. We talked to both the quarterbacks before the game, so they were aware of it and then once we got into the game it was very successful for us. So we said we are going to continue with that because it worked so well in that game and then you know it had the same result for us last week so it seems like it’s become a part of what we are going to do.”

(On how they have progressed to using the two QB gameplan more)

“Well in the Baltimore game we hadn’t done any of it and then once we had success in it, because we were down three scores in that game in the second half, we knew that was a way to operate without using as much time on the clock as your normal conventional huddle-up aspect. So we went with that most of the second half against Baltimore and had great success with it. In this past game against Pittsburgh, we used it as a change of pace in the second, most of the third quarter and then we went back to our regular offense at the end of the fourth quarter when we had a long drive. I think it is more of a feel thing, kind of a reaction of how our offense was playing. That’s the way we are going to go in this game. We are going to use it at some point, but I don’t know exactly what point that is going to be.”

(On if it is harder for opposing defenses to game plan against a two QB offense)

“I hope so. That is part of our intent. I’ve talked to a number of defensive coaches that I know about that, and they said it is an element that they have to spend time on because we are using such a varied offense with Kurt (Warner) in there and the no-huddle, because that is his area, he can focus on it. So there is a lot more things that we can do in that aspect instead of limiting the package and instead of overburdening Matt (Leinart). I believe that it makes it a little bit more difficult to prepare for.”

(On how much he talked to the Rams about their opening at Head Coach in 2006)

“Well I did have an interview with them. They actually were going to come into Pittsburgh, but we were in the midst of the playoffs so I didn’t get a chance to meet with them individually but I did have an interview over the phone with them which went very well. But what I think it basically came down to was that they didn’t know how much longer we were going to be in the playoffs so I think that kind of eliminated me from serious contention for the job because of that.”

(On his feeling of being disqualified for a job because of the success that his current team was having)

“I am very pleased that I have a Super Bowl ring.”

(On why he kept Clancy Pendergast on staff when he took over as Head Coach)

“Well I sat down and met with him. I had seen in the two years previous, not the season before I came in but in the two years previous, I knew that he had success with that defense. So I thought that once he’d done that, there was an opportunity to do it again, and I just had to sit down and discuss with him some of the reasons why they were not as good defensively and he had some good answers. I felt very comfortable with what he was doing defensively as well as some of the things that I wanted to do defensively and how we could incorporate those together. I think that what that did is it gave us a benefit defensively because we didn’t have to change terminology, we didn’t have to change the system. Which gave our defensive guys a better chance to get prepared.”

(On if he sees this week as a let down after the win they got last week against Pittsburgh)

“Well you know I don’t see it that way. The records not withstanding, but this is a scary team to play. I’ve played the Rams before. I know that when I was in contention for the job I had studied them. They have weapons on both sides of the ball and even though things maybe have not gone their way, half of every one of the games that we’ve seen they’ve been very competitive. I don’t want to underestimate the fact that they do have some outstanding football players on both sides of the ball offensively and defensively and they have an outstanding kick and punt returner (Dante Hall).”

(On if he has ever seen a longer injury report than the Rams have right now)

“It makes it difficult, but you know what, everybody in this league at some point or another has to deal with it. Much like last week with Anquan Boldin, he was out and you know the next guy that came in Jerheme Urban for us, a wide receiver, did a good job. If you want to have opportunities to win games in this league, that’s what they have to do.”

(On if WR Anquan Boldin will play this week)

“He got a good report from the doctor on Monday. He didn’t practice today but he worked on his rehab and he looked a lot better doing that. I know Anquan wants to play and he is going to push it hard. We are going to have to see how he reacts to that and see if maybe he can practice later in the week.”

(On if it was a focus of his to change the attitude within the team when he came onboard)

“I think that certainly you want to get the team along the lines of what you think, how you operate. But I think that there are enough good players enough conscientious guys on this team that they wanted to win and they felt like they had enough talent on this team to win. I think that they wanted an idea or a direction to go in. When we came in, the Bidwill's were good enough to let me get an excellent staff. We had a plan and certainly coming from a team that had just won a Super Bowl a year and a half ago, it gave us a little bit of credibility. We are operating under the way we think we need to do it. I know there is many ways to be successful in this league but we believe the way we are preparing, the type of football that we are playing is the right way to do it. When our guys see that and that is our message they have something they can buy into and I think that’s helped us.”

(On Coach Hanifan giving his best)

“Coach Hanifan is a good man. He gave me a start in this league. He really helped me progress as a player and I’m always grateful for that.

(On how good it was to beat his former team)

“It was a good win. Anytime you can beat a team you are so familiar with its always good. What really hit home for me is that because I had come from that team I knew the quality of players that were on that team, I knew basically it was a good football team and I think it was a good measuring stick for our squad to be able to beat them. That’s what excites me more than anything is that we could play against a good team and have a chance to win.”

Cardinals QB Kurt Warner

October 3, 2007

(On preparation of first action this season)

“It didn’t take me by surprise. They let me know earlier in that week, I talked to them either Monday night or Tuesday night before we started practicing. They told me of the plan that they wanted to do. They wanted to get me on the field. They also wanted to use this package that could be an advantage, especially against the two teams that we were playing next. They gave me a heads up. That gave me a chance to prepare mentally. We still didn’t do a whole lot of work with it in practice. We usually just do one session throughout the week with that package in practice, but mentally it gave me a chance to prepare and think about it and kind of go through things in my mind so that I was prepared when I got in there. Of course, I didn’t have any idea that it was going to play out like it has. I didn’t expect to be in as much as I was in the last two games, but we have had a lot of success with it, it’s worked for us, it’s changed the tempo, and really has kept the last two teams on their heels. It’s been good, it’s been exciting. It’s been fun for me.”

(On memories coming back when he comes to St. Louis)

“I’m sure. Seeing some of the guys on the sideline and just remembering back to all the great things that happened in the Dome. The memories never leave you, but they are brought more to the forefront this week. Talking to a lot of the media people back there and when you step into that building and look up at the banners and what have you, it just brings back a lot of great memories.”

(On if things have changed between him and QB Matt Leinart)

“Actually, they haven’t changed much at all. Obviously, everybody understands the situation and the frustration that can be there from both sides of it. We don’t allow that to affect our relationship, how we prepare, how we go about our business. The funny thing is that what most people would probably think in a situation like this is that we might talk less or not communicate as much, but we probably have communicated more. I think that I have always been, in Matt’s mind, one of his biggest allies. As things transpire, whether it is with the media or inside the team, I am usually the first one that he calls. We talk a lot and he lets out some of his frustrations with me, which a lot of people would think would be kind of odd, but we have a great relationship. We are friends and teammates first and that is the most important thing. I think that is the great thing about us is that we can confide in one another no matter what we are feeling, even if it is frustration in relation to the other guy’s situation. We are not going to let that affect us. We are not going to let it throw a kink in our relationship and it hasn’t up to this point.”

(On St. Louis’ injuries)

“Not much. I have been in some situations where we had a long list of injuries, too. It just seems like every week you read the list and it just grows longer and longer. Obviously some key injuries as well, that can throw a kink in things. Obviously, it is a tough situation to fight through that many injuries and continue to plug guys in that can play at a high level. I think at the same time that we know how much skill and talent is still within that organization. At some point in time they are going to get some guys in there that feel comfortable, that can mesh together and that can play at a high level, and they are going to explode on the scene like they can.

(On sitting down QB Marc Bulger)

“I was not aware. That is one of those things that I know Marc, not talking to him or anything, but I know the frustration there with his injuries and the injuries around the team that he has not been able to perform up to his ability and I know that is frustrating. It is kind of a double-edged sword where you try to go out and play, but you can’t play up to your level or your expectations or anyone else’s when you are not healthy. At the same time, if you don’t play, you have people criticizing you on that side of it. I just know that it is a frustrating situation and I hope that he can get healthy and get back in there and do what he does. I know that it has been frustrating for a lot of people around there for the first four weeks and it is going to take a lot of healthy guys to get back on track and do what they do.”

(On differences with offensive philosophy with Ken Whisenhunt)

“Obviously, the emphasis on the run game is very important. We want to be a power running game, we want to be a tough football team. I think that the past couple of years we were more under the philosophy that we are going to be a passing team that can hopefully run along the way. Now I think that we have taken the opposite approach that we want to be a running team, a power football team that can pas within that, do the play action and major in those things. I think that is the major philosophical change in the approach between Coach Whisenhunt and what we have done in the last couple of years.”

(On if he has ever had broken ribs)

“I have. It's definitely tough whenever you are dealing with the rib cage. I have had broken ribs and I have also had some torn cartilage that is between the ribs. I think that the torn cartilage can be tougher when it comes to throwing, but when you have anything broken and you are taking hits and taking shots on it, you are in continual pain. It’s hard for anybody to play when you are in continual pain. Just from what I’ve heard, I haven’t seen a lot of the games from an offensive standpoint, he has been getting hit a lot and when you have broken bones in there and you are getting hit on them, you are sore, you never feel good throughout the week, sometimes you have to get shot up on Sundays, just to distill the pain somewhat, but it comes back bigger and better the next time. It’s never fun to play with injuries. It’s never fun to have to deal with that stuff. Then when you talk about the rib area when you are a quarterback, with all of the twisting and throwing that you have to do and the hits that you take on them, it’s just never a fun situation.”

(On it success changes his outlook on the potential length of his career)

“I think it does renew some things. I don’t think that I was ever in a position where I didn’t want to play from a standpoint that I didn’t feel like I could play. It was more didn’t want to play because the opportunity might not present itself or because the politics of the game could play into it. It was never from a football standpoint, but yeah, anytime you get out there and you have some success, and you are able to get out on the field and play, it rejuvenates you and your attitude and it lets you know that you can still play this game and you look around the league and you feel that you can start on a lot of teams in this league. It does rejuvenate you, but there are still a lot of questions there with what the future could hold and my family situation and a lot of things there. It’s still all up in the air, but I still love to play the game and I still feel like I can and it’s fun to get the opportunity.”

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Linehan/Player Quotes

I explained to him and said, ‘I’m not doing this because you’re not doing your job, I’m doing this because I feel like I have to do my job better.’
    Linehan: I'm sorry, Greg.

Olsen: I don't understand things were going so great. What happened? Something must have happened.

Linehan: It's not you, it's me.

Olsen: You're giving me the "it's not you, it's me" routine? I invented "it's not you, it's me". Nobody tells me it's them not me, if it's anybody it's me.

Linehan: All right, Greg, it's you.

Olsen: You're darn right it's me!
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Rambos is online now Registered User

stand by Greg Olson 100 percent and always will. He’s a good friend of mine, but more importantly he’s my offensive coordinator.
    SLOP has an issue that Linehan hired a friend, but a good coach will always do whats best for the team. Sorry Martz.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    SLOP has an issue that Linehan hired a friend, but a good coach will always do whats best for the team. Sorry Martz.
    Huh? He hired a friend, who he's not demoted (probably because he was told to). How is that "what's best for the team"?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

You know, I don't really care what Whisenhunt thinks. As much as I admire Kurt Warner I could care less how he's getting along with the wuss Leinart either.

Just my 2 cents.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Linehan: I'm sorry, Greg.

Olsen: I don't understand things were going so great. What happened? Something must have happened.

Linehan: It's not you, it's me.

Olsen: You're giving me the "it's not you, it's me" routine? I invented "it's not you, it's me". Nobody tells me it's them not me, if it's anybody it's me.

Linehan: All right, Greg, it's you.

Olsen: You're darn right it's me!
    Linehan: "I'm a porn star and my stage name is Buck Naked."

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Linehan: "I'm a porn star and my stage name is Buck Naked."
    Olson: You told me that already like two months ago.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Rambos is online now Registered User

(probably because he was told to).

You SLOP guys are all about the facts.

who he's not demoted
    He's not getting it done, sit him.

Unlike Martz, the guy just let the D play like crap for years.