Rambos is offline Registered User

Linehan’s 2008 things he must do…

Hire a top OC and new ST coach

Review conditioning program

FA period, sign and restructure some contracts Bruce, Little, Chillar ect…Add vet linemen at least one.

Draft smart take no risk or luxury picks…ea Brain Leonard’s in the second round.

Get on the same page with Haslett…

Reconnect will the veterans find a way to communicate with the players.

OTA, Mini Camp, Training Camp “start fast” should be the theme. He needs to win early and often. Preseason games, scrimmages against KC, whatever it is he needs to start winning.

Linehan has too have, this team playing at a high level NOT ready to play 08.

I think he could lose this team in preseason, that’s how bad it is. The players need to feel they can execute and win games in preseason. We no longer can rest players and sit back to get our rhythm in the first real game, we need to play hard in preseason and come out fast. If we start 0-1 or 0-2 its will be over before it gets started IMO.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Linehan’s 2008 things he must do…

Steve Korte's blog at the Belleville News Democrat nails what Linehan must answer to in the meeting with Shaw and Zyggy.

Ramblings: Linehan will get grilled during summit meeting

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Hire a top OC and new ST coach

Review conditioning program

FA period, sign and restructure some contracts Bruce, Little, Chillar ect…Add vet linemen at least one.

Draft smart take no risk or luxury picks…ea Brain Leonard’s in the second round.

Get on the same page with Haslett…

Reconnect will the veterans find a way to communicate with the players.

OTA, Mini Camp, Training Camp “start fast” should be the theme. He needs to win early and often. Preseason games, scrimmages against KC, whatever it is he needs to start winning.

Linehan has too have, this team playing at a high level NOT ready to play 08.

I think he could lose this team in preseason, that’s how bad it is. The players need to feel they can execute and win games in preseason. We no longer can rest players and sit back to get our rhythm in the first real game, we need to play hard in preseason and come out fast. If we start 0-1 or 0-2 its will be over before it gets started IMO.
    I wouldnt be too upset if we cut Little. He is going to be owed a huge roster bonus and he doesnt deserve it. Then maybe sign Jared Allen or sign a good o-lineman and draft a de with our first pick. I'd like to see Chillar back, I bet if we let him go the Patriots would be one of the teams to pursue him. Bruce has to restructure again but if he's released the organization is stupid. He's still more effective than Bennett who we overpaid and I cant think of one free agent that would be better, that wouldnt cost a fortune.
    Just Fix It

bruce4life is offline Registered User

little was not healthy all year guys... with a healthy little in there this last year we would of had at least one more win under our belts.

With the addition of another lineman it looks like the rotation would be pretty solid with
    LITTLE
    CARRIKER
    RYAN
    HALL
    then you would have a strong glover( who did have a solid 2007 campaign), adaevju, whoever we draft, then eric moore( he showed promise)....

I believe right there that is a pretty solid d-line. You have a good mix, of veterans and young guys that want to play

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    little was not healthy all year guys... with a healthy little in there this last year we would of had at least one more win under our belts.

With the addition of another lineman it looks like the rotation would be pretty solid with
    LITTLE
    CARRIKER
    RYAN
    HALL
    then you would have a strong glover( who did have a solid 2007 campaign), adaevju, whoever we draft, then eric moore( he showed promise)....

I believe right there that is a pretty solid d-line. You have a good mix, of veterans and young guys that want to play
    If we have Chris Long somewhere on the ends, we have a great line up for the DLine.

But we do need to improve our training camp. Our players have been injured alot, and they need to be strong for this season, or like you said, the team could be lost in preseason.

LinkBacks (?)

1. -01-15-2008, 04:44 PM