View Poll Results: If Martz could have gotten along with the FO. Whos regime would you rather have?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Linehans regime

31 60.78%
  • Martz regime

20 39.22%
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
    STLRAMSFAN Guest

Linehan vs Martz Regime

There seems to be a noticeable difference in the players.

1. Bulger seems happier now under the new regime. It sounds like he will have a little more freedom then before and have better protection schemes.

2. Kennedy is making negative comments about Kollars coaching style. Which I don’t think he should make but I can understand how a coach like Kollar could get old after a while to other adults.

3. Jackson has been bashing Martz.

4. Everyone is interested in our Ram defense being led by anyone not named Marmie.

5. We also made a strong attempt to add leadership on defense and address the TE position, which has been a weak link for a long time.

There is a rumor Faulk is unhappy but who knows if he was or was not last year also.

Bruce getting released and then resigned was a good sign that Bruce wants to be here.

IMO I think the players are happy to be rid of Martz.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -06-11-2006 at 11:32 AM.

tim
    tim is offline Registered User

Re: Linehan vs Martz Regime

kennedy has a big mouth that he should shut.

i'm sure the players are happy about change, but not specifically getting "rid of Martz" (as a whole).

and i can't vote on this because linehan hasn't even coached a game yet.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

The Mike Martz Regime (GSOT) Is History, The Scott Linehan Era Is Now Playing.
    So On With The Show! (GSOT) - "Great Scott Operation Touchdown!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Linehans Regimehands down.

- We have Haslett as DC, and not Marmie
    - We are addressing the D and TE situation, and not the Wide Reciever situation like we always did with Martz.
    - We don't need to worry about a pass happy Offense anymore!
    RamsFan16

dear god, we have not even played a down under the "new coach" and we are being asked to vote as to who is better??

I think I will wait a season then hopefully this poll will be more relevent

NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    IMO I think the players are happy to be rid of Martz.
    I agree with you, the players seems to be happier, but, under Martz we had only 1 season under 0.500
    When Linehan achieves what Mike did then we can make the comparision.
    I don't really care if the players are happy or not, as long as they bring the VL back to St. Louis.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Players mostly try to stay "politcally correct" particularly when commenting on the record about their head coach.
    When the Rams begin playing games that count, and find themselves down by 10 at the half, that will be for this fan anyway when the proverbial rubber meets the road. I was never too thrilled with Martz's in game adjustments, and look forward to seeing Linehan match wits with other coaches. After all, the front office certainly trumpeted Linehan's smarts as one of the central reasons for his hiring. When the season starts for real ... he'll have a chance to prove the FO right...
    Ask me to vote in this poll in November....

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez
    dear god, we have not even played a down under the "new coach" and we are being asked to vote as to who is better??

Seriously. It's rather easy to sit here and say you'd rather have Linehan given what happened last year, but Martz can't just be judged on last season, of which he was noteably absent from at times for health concerns. Look at everything Martz accomplished when looking at his regime. What has Linehan done? He's been here half an offseason and hasn't led the Rams in one game of football yet. To try and make a claim right now that one tenure is better than the other is preposterous and short sighted. We have five and a half years of Martz to judge. We have a lone spring to judge Linehan.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Pure and Simple, Martz had 1 good year the year we went to the Super Bowl. He's a great OC, but as a coach his game time mgt is horrible. Also Lovie leaving had a big impact on the team. I don't think we will really be able to judge Linehan as a coach, because he has the benefit of Haslett, and he's a good defensive coach. Anyway I'd rather have anyone that Martz at this point.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez

That was the first thing I thought when I saw this thread. To really be fair I would wait longer than even one season to judge Linehan and staff compared to the Martz regime.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    The backhanded compliments about Austin Davis are amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Linehans Regimehands down.

- We have Haslett as DC, and not Marmie
    - We are addressing the D and TE situation, and not the Wide Reciever situation like we always did with Martz.
    - We don't need to worry about a pass happy Offense anymore!

Wow. We are addressing the D and TE? So if our D and TE's don't play well this year, how did we address them? Have you seen Linehan call one play in one game yet? No you haven't, so you really don't know we won't be pass happy until you see it, no matter what Linehan says right now. If we are pass happy this season and it works and we are winning, will you still complain about being pass happy? I doubt it.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

The FO doesn’t have the luxury of hindsight. What I meant by this thread is if Martz had got along with the FO would you rather have Linehan or Martz regime to start the 2006 season. That means them not as offensive coordinators but as head coaches that also hire all their own coaches (Haslett/Marmie).

Slightly off the subject.
    Martz took over a Super Bowl team that had more talent assembled on the offensive side then ever before seen. Martz regime his last two years had a losing record and could not get the offense to perform like it used to over the last two years. Linehans regime now takes over a 6-10 team that has been declining offensively the last three years. Martz took over this team at its best and never won a SuperBowl as a head coach yet some would think he was the next Lombardi. I am not comparing Linehan to Martz at this point. Linehan was not even dealt as good of a hand as what Martz was with Bruce, Holt, Hakim, Proehl, and Faulk in their prime and a better defense. Linehan is not inheriting a SuperBowl winner we did not even make the playoff and the year before we were just 8-8 during the regular season and got embarrassed in the playoffs by Atlanta. My point is even had Martz got along with the front office I would feel more comfortable with Linehan and his coaches entering the season then I would with Martz and his.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Wow. We are addressing the D and TE? So if our D and TE's don't play well this year, how did we address them? Have you seen Linehan call one play in one game yet? No you haven't, so you really don't know we won't be pass happy until you see it, no matter what Linehan says right now. If we are pass happy this season and it works and we are winning, will you still complain about being pass happy? I doubt it.
    Yea we are addressing the D, we signed Witherspoon, Chaovus, Brown, Glover and are addressing the TE with Klop, Byrd, Holmes.

I'm sorry if I don't post what you want but your gonna have to live with it.
    RamsFan16

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I'll have to wait until the season starts before I form an opinion of Linehan's abilities to coach the team and create winning situations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Yea we are addressing the D, we signed Witherspoon, Chaovus, Brown, Glover and are addressing the TE with Klop, Byrd, Holmes.

I'm sorry if I don't post what you want but your gonna have to live with it.
    It's not about what I want to hear. Try reading my post again. You said Linehan is better because we signed some D and TEs, but what if they don't play well?

The point is, all you have seen so far is Linehan and staff sign and draft some guys and that automatically makes Linehan better than Martz when you have no idea how well these guys will play? That doesn't make sense. There is no logical way you can say Linehan is better than Martz before even seeing the guys he picked up play a down.

I like what Linehan has done so far on paper, but that's just it, it's only on paper right now. That doesn't necessarily translate to quality play and wins on the field.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast