View Poll Results: If Martz could have gotten along with the FO. Whos regime would you rather have?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Linehans regime

31 60.78%
  • Martz regime

20 39.22%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Re: Linehan vs Martz Regime

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    C'mon he was just asking a question. He had an original question and thats what he asked.

Don't hate on him like you do me.
    From everything I have seen of Nick he doesn't hate on anybody, especially you. He comes with logic and facts that disprove what you posted. That's not hating, that's posting the truth.

RF16 stick with the facts and you will never go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    I just said if Martz did not have FO problems would you feel more comfortable with Martz or Linehans regime going into the season and for me its still Linehan all the way.

I was actually shocked that this thread wasn't deleted totally with how the board is cutting down on baseless speculation. I just don't see how anyone can be comfortable with a regime/team that hasn't coached/played a down this season. What are you basing comfort on, some new names on paper? Where is the logic in that?
    Last edited by ramsbruce; -06-11-2006 at 11:55 PM.

BRUUUUUUUUCE

Rambitious One is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NY RAMFAN
    I agree with you, the players seems to be happier, but, under Martz we had only 1 season under 0.500
    When Linehan achieves what Mike did then we can make the comparision.
    I don't really care if the players are happy or not, as long as they bring the VL back to St. Louis.
    I beg to differ. We had two seasons under 500 with Martz. 7-9 in 2002 and last year.

But still better than many.

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    From everything I have seen of Nick he doesn't hate on anybody, especially you. He comes with logic and facts that disprove what you posted. That's not hating, that's posting the truth.

RF16 stick with the facts and you will never go wrong.

I was actually shocked that this thread wasn't deleted totally with how the board is cutting down on baseless speculation. I just don't see how anyone can be comfortable with a regime/team that hasn't coached/played a down this season. What are you basing comfort on, some new names on paper? Where is the logic in that?
    First if you personal dont like the thread dont read the post, its really quite that simple. Maybe the rest of us want to discuss this further. And as far as comfort level goes, I for 1 was very uncomfortable with Martz. His team won alot of games & we had a grest run, but the team was taken a nose dive, were every 1 wanted to point the finger at each other, the change had to be made. What Linehan & Haslett & the FO have done all look great & i am very comfortable with the moves & again time will tell if they were the right ones.

P.S. It all has to start on paper

RealRam is offline Registered User

Good reply, BB. :up:

Here, yours truly, is another former RAMartz supporter.

I always did maintain that he, MM, had his share of mistakes but by the same token, all in all, he did a GREAT job as our HC; his players respected and loved him, and, while controversial in his tactics and management, he awoke the power and the productivity of the NFL offense.

Linehan, so far so good. I feel fine with his planning thus far and hope/trust that he will build a positive 'Ramregime'.

GO-GO Linehan Ramregime! :angryram:

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I just don't see how anyone can be comfortable with a regime/team that hasn't coached/played a down this season.
    IMO, it's less and less about being comfortable with Linehan's regime, but more and more about not being comfortable with Martz's.

Which brings us back to a dead horse that was supposed to be buried in January after a long and serious beating.

If that's something that people still want to talk about, as BB implies, that's fine. I personally got my fill of it months ago, which is why I'll be taking his advice and reading other threads.
    Last edited by Nick; -06-12-2006 at 01:27 AM.

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BIG-BLUE
    First if you personal dont like the thread dont read the post, its really quite that simple. Maybe the rest of us want to discuss this further. And as far as comfort level goes, I for 1 was very uncomfortable with Martz. His team won alot of games & we had a grest run, but the team was taken a nose dive, were every 1 wanted to point the finger at each other, the change had to be made. What Linehan & Haslett & the FO have done all look great & i am very comfortable with the moves & again time will tell if they were the right ones.

P.S. It all has to start on paper
    Where did I say I didn't like the thread? I didn't say anything of the sort. So it's really quite simple to not put words in my mouth also. I said I was surprised it wasn't deleted, not that I didn't like it. Discuss it for as long as you want, I didn't say not to and I also didn't say I wouldn't still discuss it.

Sure it has to start on paper but that doesn't mean it will be good, no matter how good the paper looks. What have you seen that gives you comfort? If it's just a bunch of new players/coaches on some paper, the new scheme and some mini camp I personally don't see how there is a comfort level established yet. It's great to think positive and I have said many times I like what Linehan has done so far, but by no means has he accomplished anything yet. Linehan has a lot to prove before we as fans should really feel comfortable about the job he's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    IMO, it's less and less about being comfortable with Linehan's regime, but more and more about not being comfortable with Martz's.

Which brings us back to a dead horse that was supposed to be buried in January after a long and serious beating.

If that's something that people still want to talk about, as BB implies, that's fine. I personally got my fill of it months ago, which is why I'll be taking his advice and reading other threads.
    The only reason I even use the word "comfortable" is because the author of this thread "STLRAMSFAN" decided that was the word he was going to go with even though the title of the thread is Linehan vs Martz.

I agree Linehan shouldn't even be compared to Martz yet and by the time that should really happen, it won't even matter.

Nick you and I both basically said the same thing earlier about where is the logic in this. My point being there really isn't any. Let's not get overexcited about Linehan until he actually starts coaching regular season games and hopefully accomplishes something.
    Last edited by ramsbruce; -06-12-2006 at 02:00 AM.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Without a doubt, I want Linehan. I mean, he's undefeated as the Rams HC!!!!

Oh wait, does it matter that he hasn't coached a single game yet?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    There seems to be a noticeable difference in the players.

1. Bulger seems happier now under the new regime. It sounds like he will have a little more freedom then before and have better protection schemes.

2. Kennedy is making negative comments about Kollars coaching style. Which I don’t think he should make but I can understand how a coach like Kollar could get old after a while to other adults.

3. Jackson has been bashing Martz.

4. Everyone is interested in our Ram defense being led by anyone not named Marmie.

5. We also made a strong attempt to add leadership on defense and address the TE position, which has been a weak link for a long time.

There is a rumor Faulk is unhappy but who knows if he was or was not last year also.

Bruce getting released and then resigned was a good sign that Bruce wants to be here.

IMO I think the players are happy to be rid of Martz.
    So when I left this place, some people were making constant threads of thinnly veiled attempts to spew hate on Martz. Looks like nothings changed. Glad to know I haven't missed anything.
    "I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

Talking Re: Linehan vs Martz Regime

Where did I say I didn't like the thread? I didn't say anything of the sort. So it's really quite simple to not put words in my mouth also. I said I was surprised it wasn't deleted, not that I didn't like it. Discuss it for as long as you want, I didn't say not to and I also didn't say I wouldn't still discuss it.

Well first let me express my apolgy for assuming, but usually when someone is surprised a thread wasnt deleted, i take that they have no interest in it. So if you do want to discuss this further, lets

Sure it has to start on paper but that doesn't mean it will be good, no matter how good the paper looks. What have you seen that gives you comfort? If it's just a bunch of new players/coaches on some paper, the new scheme and some mini camp I personally don't see how there is a comfort level established yet. It's great to think positive and I have said many times I like what Linehan has done so far, but by no means has he accomplished anything yet. Linehan has a lot to prove before we as fans should really feel comfortable about the job he's done.

First i believe the change had to be made. Martz regime was on a down hill slid going 8-8 & 6-10 over the past two seasons (not excatly the calibar of football any of us want). The power struggles with the FO & some players now are coming out with their displeasure of the old regime. Now my comfort level comes from knowing that changes have been made, & areas of concern are being addressed. Have we won a single game yet no, but their sure seems to be a new life breathing in Rams park the focus Linehan & the FO have seem to be meshing, the TEAM seems to be fired up for a new beginning, competition for starting spots is hot all over. This brings me a certian level of comfort that the Rams are headed back up rather than down. Again this just my opinion.

The only reason I even use the word "comfortable" is because the author of this thread "STLRAMSFAN" decided that was the word he was going to go with even though the title of the thread is Linehan vs Martz.

I agree Linehan shouldn't even be compared to Martz yet and by the time that should really happen, it won't even matter.

Nick you and I both basically said the same thing earlier about where is the logic in this. My point being there really isn't any. Let's not get overexcited about Linehan until he actually starts coaching regular season games and hopefully accomplishes something.
    I believe this thread is just about are you happy with the change from the old regime to the new, it was not really meant to bash Martz. And besides the Martz & Linehan debate will go hopefully a long time. And lets get excited about Linehan, He's our coach get behind him & support him, this is a new era for the Rams.

Smile Re: Linehan vs Martz Regime

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Without a doubt, I want Linehan. I mean, he's undefeated as the Rams HC!!!!

Oh wait, does it matter that he hasn't coached a single game yet?
    So when Martz took over he was undefeated too, right? O wait a min. he hadnt coached a single game yet either.

So when Martz took over he was undefeated too, right? O wait a min. he hadnt coached a single game yet either.
    oh dear, somehow I think you missed the point there .....

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

And back in June 2000, if somebody asked the question of "Vermiel vs. Martz", it would have been just as silly as asking "Martz vs. Linehan" in June 2006.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Talking Re: Linehan vs Martz Regime

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    And back in June 2000, if somebody asked the question of "Vermiel vs. Martz", it would have been just as silly as asking "Martz vs. Linehan" in June 2006.
    No not really, its all about open discussion & fellow opinions

No, it’s about sensible discussion and fellow opinions, there is a difference.

To state here and now that Linehan is better than Martz is not very sensible at this point. Now it might be at the end of the season, but not now.

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez
    No, it’s about sensible discussion and fellow opinions, there is a difference.

To state here and now that Linehan is better than Martz is not very sensible at this point. Now it might be at the end of the season, but not now.
    Sorry that my opinion differs from yours. And where is it said that i think Linehan is better than Martz, I do believe i said a change had to be made because of the downhill slid of the past regime & the new regime has ME feeling comfortable with the moves & attitude that has overcome Rams park