View Poll Results: If Martz could have gotten along with the FO. Whos regime would you rather have?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Linehans regime

31 60.78%
  • Martz regime

20 39.22%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User

Re: Linehan vs Martz Regime

Quote Originally Posted by rebel13
    I continue to be amazed at all the pain being felt by the folks who loved and defended the idiot Lion coach. I think it must be painful to admit how horribly wrong you were by supporting the savant. Does it pain you also that I was so right? HAHAHA....and by the way, I have many posts that have nothing to do with him.:tongue:
    That's how it's done STL. See what I mean? rebel13 is a Martz hater, that's his specialty, his bag if you will. He's good at it, in fact he's great at it. He's one of the best Martz haters on this board. And there's nothing wrong with it. Embrace it. You two can start a club or something.

And there's nothing wrong with your original post, if you're willing to say it's nothing more than 1) a popularity contest, and 2) you're campaign for Linehan to win that popularity contest.

But since you're saying this thread is not about which coach is better, but which coach I'd rather have, I will have to go with a write-in candidate. If which coach is better has nothing to do with it, I'm casting my vote for Jerry Seinfeld

What's that? I can't vote for Jerry Seinfeld because he doesn't know anything about football? Why not, him being a good football coach has n-o-t-h-i-n-g to do about it, right? Well, old Jerry makes me laugh so he is who I want for the next Head Coach since which one is better has nothing to do with it.

"I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

None of that was intended to point to Linehan over Martz.
    Come on, man. At least be honest, ALL of that was intended to point to Linehan over Martz.
    I was just stating the reaction of the players.
    Awesome, you get to talk to all the players? Tell them I said, hi. Or did you mean you just read some public statement made to some reporter?
    YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT SPECULATION THATS TRUE SPECULATION.
    Of course it is that's why I said it was speculation the FIRST time I said it. That's the difference. I openly admit when I'm speculation. Nothing wrong with speculation, just don't try to wrap it up as a fact based conclusion.
    "I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    I said all along that you can’t compare them as to who is better. But you can say who you would rather have as head coach.

Let me repeat what this whole thread was about:
    It was about making a decision on which coach people would rather start this season with. It was NOT about whom do you think the better coach IS or WILL BE.

STL, it seems that some people you just can't reach, & thats the way they want it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG-BLUE
    STL, it seems that some people you just can't reach, & thats the way they want it to be.
    I disagree. My eyes have been opened. I now see it's not about what coach will do the best job or who is better.

That's why I went with Jerry Seinfeld, at least then we could all have a good laugh.

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

You're exactly right, some people don't want to accept the fact that some of us won't vote due to the fact that there isn't enough information to base a decision on. :tongue:
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

You're exactly right, some people don't want to accept the fact that some of us won't vote due to the fact that there isn't enough information to base a decision on. :tongue:
    What would you have done then if you were the front office. Would you have kept Martz even if there were not issues with the FO. If your answer is yes fine. But after the Atlanta playoff game and our sloppy play the last two years I wanted our team to go in a different direction. I did not feel comfortable after we realeased Martz but I thought it was the right thing to do because of the play of this team. I was nervous about us making the wrong selection of the new HC. But when we hired Linehan and he was not afraid to hire a HC as his DC that along with the free agent signings and draft helped make me feel better about our selection. Linehan has been known as a good offensive coordinator and that also helps me feel better about the pick. Now if I had to decide between the two it would be Linehan to start the season for me. Had to choose before seeing Linehan coach a game is the key. I wanted to know who others would want to start the season with if they had to choose after seeing how Linehan assembled his staff and players in the offseason. I know Martz would have made some adjustments also. But we have seen what Martz has done coaching, in the draft, and free agency before. If I owned the team I would feel better about Linehan and his staff going into this year then I would with Martz and his. I am not saying One is better then the other. I am saying I would feel more comfortable with Linehan. I like the picture he is painting of the future. Now how he executes will have to wait and see.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -06-15-2006 at 07:54 PM.

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

I loved Coach Martz, but thought his staff, Marmie in particular, was terrible. I feel confident with Linehan because he led imo a terrible Miami team to a decent record and hired Haslett, who should turn our d around quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    What would you have done then if you were the front office. Would you have kept Martz even if there were not issues with the FO. If your answer is yes fine. But after the Atlanta playoff game and our sloppy play the last two years I wanted our team to go in a different direction. I did not feel comfortable after we realeased Martz but I thought it was the right thing to do because of the play of this team. I was nervous about us making the wrong selection of the new HC. But when we hired Linehan and he was not afraid to hire a HC as his DC that along with the free agent signings and draft helped make me feel better about our selection. Linehan has been known as a good offensive coordinator and that also helps me feel better about the pick. Now if I had to decide between the two it would be Linehan to start the season for me. Had to choose before seeing Linehan coach a game is the key. I wanted to know who others would want to start the season with if they had to choose after seeing how Linehan assembled his staff and players in the offseason. I know Martz would have made some adjustments also. But we have seen what Martz has done coaching, in the draft, and free agency before. If I owned the team I would feel better about Linehan and his staff going into this year then I would with Martz and his. I am not saying One is better then the other. I am saying I would feel more comfortable with Linehan. I like the picture he is painting of the future. Now how he executes will have to wait and see.
    You keep saying the same thing over and over. We all get it already, but why can't you just accept that some feel it's too early to make a logical choice.

Instead of saying the same thing over and over and asking what if this and what if that, why not go back and address Roy's post since he wants Jerry Seinfeld as our coach. LOL
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by stlramsfan
    we have seen what Martz has done coaching, in the draft, and free agency before.
    But wouldn't it be more fair to say we have seen what the "Rams FO" (including Martz) has done? None of us really know who pulled what triggers, do we? Just as not every good thing at Ram Park was on the shoulders of Martz, I don't know that every bad thing was either.

I mean, we can roll out the old Truman line on the Martz administration and say The Buck Stops Here..........but where exactly is here? Martz' desk, Zygmunt's desk, Shaw's desk?

Probably questions that will never be answered, but if the FO has learned from their mistakes over the past 4 years and are ready to move forward with a revised approach in the Linehan administration, then I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.
    I loved Coach Martz, but thought his staff, Marmie in particular
    Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I will go to my grave believing Marmie was the #1 mistake on Martz' mistake list......followed closely by #2, believing Lovie when he said Duncan=Fletcher.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by STL
    What would you have done then if you were the front office. Would you have kept Martz even if there were not issues with the FO. If your answer is yes fine. But after the Atlanta playoff game and our sloppy play the last two years I wanted our team to go in a different direction.
    Okay, just so we're straight, the question is: If I were the FO what would I have done?

My answer is I WOULD FIRE MYSELF. I would realize that I am a businessman/lawyer/accountant and not a football guy. I would stop sticking my nose in football operations like I had a clue what I was doing. I would tell Martz that I realize I had been putting my lawyer/accountant nose in his football business ever since the end of the 2001 season. I would apologize and hand my re-signation to Georgia. I would then suggest Georgia sell the team to a REAL owner who isn't one step away from the looney bin.

But that's just me.

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    But wouldn't it be more fair to say we have seen what the "Rams FO" (including Martz) has done? None of us really know who pulled what triggers, do we? Just as not every good thing at Ram Park was on the shoulders of Martz, I don't know that every bad thing was either.

I mean, we can roll out the old Truman line on the Martz administration and say The Buck Stops Here..........but where exactly is here? Martz' desk, Zygmunt's desk, Shaw's desk?

Probably questions that will never be answered, but if the FO has learned from their mistakes over the past 4 years and are ready to move forward with a revised approach in the Linehan administration, then I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I will go to my grave believing Marmie was the #1 mistake on Martz' mistake list......followed closely by #2, believing Lovie when he said Duncan=Fletcher.

Very good points Hub. The organization as a whole has to take any negatives over the past 4-5 years and learn fromthem. And just as there were neg. there was alot of great things that happened over the past 4-5 yrs & i hope those are never forgotten. Martz and his coaches brought us a high intensity game for all of us fans to enjoy.

I do believe a change had to be made and was, and its one that has me feelin good about it going into preseason.

Am I optimistic?, you bet why wouldn't i be I bleed blue & gold. With the moves that have been made I'm hopin & dreamin of a defense that can dominate a game the way it did in the 60's & 70's

Now do i have a bunch of hard stats to back up the way i feel other than the moves that have been made, no and i feel like i dont need one either. Do i need to see the season in progrees to know how i feel at the moment? Hell no. I like the changes that have been made really thats all this thread is about. To many people try read to deep into some of these threads and twist what the author true intent was, please if the author tells us what he was tryin to say please respect that, and if you don't like what he is sayin or you just cant understand it, dont respond.:angryram:
    Last edited by BIG-BLUE; -06-16-2006 at 04:58 PM.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    I agree I never meant to imply that it was all Martz I meant to imply we have seen what Martz along with the FO has done with the coaches, the draft, and free agency with the money they had since 2000 while he was head coach. I am not implying he did good or bad that can be left to each persons own opinion. IMO I don't think that Martz and the FO would have done the same that Linehan and this FO did. I like what they have done this off season. I do realize we had more money then Martz probably had in any of his off seasons. But I also like the way they spent the money they had and assembled their coaching staff.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -06-16-2006 at 06:52 PM.

Very good points Hub. The organization as a whole has to take any negatives over the past 4-5 years and learn fromthem. And just as there were neg. there was alot of great things that happened over the past 4-5 yrs & i hope those are never forgotten. Martz and his coaches brought us a high intensity game for all of us fans to enjoy.

I do believe a change had to be made and was, and its one that has me feelin good about it going into preseason.

Am I optimistic?, you bet why wouldn't i be I bleed blue & gold. With the moves that have been made I'm hopin & dreamin of a defense that can dominate a game the way it did in the 60's & 70's

Now do i have a bunch of hard stats to back up the way i feel other than the moves that have been made, no and i feel like i dont need one either. Do i need to see the season in progrees to know how i feel at the moment? Hell no. I like the changes that have been made really thats all this thread is about. To many people try read to deep into some of these threads and twist what the author true intent was, please if the author tells us what he was tryin to say please respect that, and if you don't like what he is sayin or you just cant understand it, dont respond.:angryram:
    Who's twisting anything around? Some people said they wouldn't vote and gave their reasons why. Why can't some people understand that? :angryram:

theodus69 Guest

well this is interesting. there is no proof of any regime yet . let's let this one die....ok? 12 pages.....cheese and rice!

Jeff 8513 Guest

We don't know how Linehan will do.... Martz was a certified idiot.... TOUCHDOWN LINEHAN
    Score Linehan 7 - Martz 0
    This just in... Mrtz is challenging the ruling on the field, but wait, the season hasn't even started yet!!!