View Poll Results: If Martz could have gotten along with the FO. Whos regime would you rather have?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Linehans regime

31 60.78%
  • Martz regime

20 39.22%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
    rebel13 is offline Registered User

Re: Linehan vs Martz Regime

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff 8513
    We don't know how Linehan will do.... Martz was a certified idiot.... TOUCHDOWN LINEHAN
    Score Linehan 7 - Martz 0
    This just in... Mrtz is challenging the ruling on the field, but wait, the season hasn't even started yet!!!
    Good One! Has he used up all his timeouts yet??LOL LOL

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

I can not believe it took 12 pages of posts for people to understand a very simple question. The question once again was, "WHO'S REGIMINE DO YOU FEEL MORE COMFORTABLE WITH GOING IN TO THE SEASON?"

What part can you guys not understand?

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater
    I can not believe it took 12 pages of posts for people to understand a very simple question. The question once again was, "WHO'S REGIMINE DO YOU FEEL MORE COMFORTABLE WITH GOING IN TO THE SEASON?"

Actually, "comfortable" was never part of the original question and didn't even come up until post 28 on page 3. The original question, based entirely on speculation was, "If Martz could have gotten along with the FO. Whos regime would you rather have?". "If" being the operative word and opening the door to any number of interpretations that make it impossible for this to be as cut and dry as many think it should be. The title of the thread/poll, "Linehan vs Martz regime", as I have stated before invites a "who's better" comparison that again, opens the door to any number of interpretations. The subsequent 12 page discussion was the result.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

I'll let you know after season one!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    Actually, "comfortable" was never part of the original question and didn't even come up until post 28 on page 3. The original question, based entirely on speculation was, "If Martz could have gotten along with the FO. Whos regime would you rather have?". "If" being the operative word and opening the door to any number of interpretations that make it impossible for this to be as cut and dry as many think it should be. The title of the thread/poll, "Linehan vs Martz regime", as I have stated before invites a "who's better" comparison that again, opens the door to any number of interpretations. The subsequent 12 page discussion was the result.
    Mike hit the nail on the head, but besides that, why can't some people understand that some don't feel there is a cut and dry answer and posted accordingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

Jeff 8513 is offline Registered User

Yes, and I did hear that he has gone to the commisioner to get an advance on a few more challenges.
    :1:

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Mike hit the nail on the head, but besides that, why can't some people understand that some don't feel there is a cut and dry answer and posted accordingly.
    Your right there is no cut & dry answer. Its just about opinions to a question, A thread to start a discussion about the new coaching staff and how the clan members feel about that coaching staff, Sorry if that offends you that there is not a logical answer.

And by the looks of this thread its been quite entertaining ( it must be the off season boredom, what can i say) LMAO

RealRam is offline Registered User

And you're correct too, BBlue.

'Amazing to see how this particular thread has stirred so much the opinions of us as fans and followers of our teams from recent years to today ... even when the Rams our putting a new roster together of players and coaches.

I spoke my piece on this topic a few pages back. Now, a few pages after and trying to remain positive about the whole issue, I can only say that I appreciate the HONESTY and the PASSION that these kinds of questions provoke in us.

As long as we don't get too egotistical in our say, we'll be okay.

I'm all for our NEW RAMREGIME. GO RAMS! GO TEAM!!! :angryram:
    Last edited by RealRam; -06-18-2006 at 07:18 AM.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BIG-BLUE
    Your right there is no cut & dry answer. Its just about opinions to a question, A thread to start a discussion about the new coaching staff and how the clan members feel about that coaching staff, Sorry if that offends you that there is not a logical answer.
    It doesn't offend me at all, and if you think it does than you missed the whole point.

I don't know about you, but I form my opinions with information that I know about the subject at hand. What has Linehan really done so far? Very little, so there is little information to form an opinion with.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

If people post a poll which asks a somewhat loaded question then it will always elicit controversy in the manner that this poll has. Particularly when it deals with a coach who had a genius for offensive playdesign and the polarisation of the franchises fan base in equal measure.

We all have our opinion's on Mike, he was that kind of guy, but to me there are a few things that can quite safely be stated that I can defend with ease.

He was primarily responsible for our Superbowl win.

He was primarily responsible for the franchise posting consecutive 500+ point seasons

He ushered in a style of offensive football, that whilst having it's predecessors and influences, stirred up the NFL and generated interest in the game as whole and in our franchise. A franchise that prior to that point had suffered through a losing DECADE.

He has a winning record as a head coach.

Now that last point ot me is the key, he had a winning record as an NFL head coach. That isn't easy to do and I'd go so far as to say it's nigh-on impossible for a moron to achieve.

Yes he had his faults, as do we all in whatever profession we operate in, but he was remarkably successful for a supposed moron.

So please, let's be a little more objective when discussing Mr Martz.

As for Linehan, what can I say?. I like the way he's started and believe the franchise needed a fresh start after last season, but he hasn't coached an NFL game as a head man yet.

It's not a comparison that can be easily made so I don't make it, at least not yet. Give him a couple of years then do it, it's only fair to him and to Mike.

And yes, I know this has not responded strictly to the wording of the poll but I think we're well past that. We were a few pages ago.

Busted timeouts does not a moron make..............
    Last edited by Fat Pang; -06-18-2006 at 05:28 AM.

bigredman is offline Registered User

Way, way, way, way, way to early for this discussion. If nothing else, mention Martz on here, and watch the thread grow. Amazing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

fearlessone is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman
    Way, way, way, way, way to early for this discussion. If nothing else, mention Martz on here, and watch the thread grow. Amazing.
    BRILLIANT! And where is my Guiness to geaux? Afterall it is legal in parts of Katrinaville to take your drinks on the road or street whatever your comfort zone allows.

This could have been a great post but the originator, STL and Big Blue, who seems to be a great pulling guard for the author could never get back on tract after criticism, which was constructive for the most part.

Facts and speculation were misconstrued but that what makes a great thread, CONTROVERSY! Keep to your guns and try to stay polite while doing it.

I have been beat up by a few heavies around here but it has been a great learning experience.

Thanks for the entertainment but truthfully I miss the Nick vs. Moklerman, and Avenger vs. Adarian and Yodude always being sassy with his insightful comments that would seem like punches to an unprotected gut!

STL should be at least commended for shaking off the rust of our emotions and keyboards during the downtime!

Hopefully Linehan's regime will succeed to add a SB trophy or two.
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

bigredman is offline Registered User

PSSSSSST (cap coming off bottle) Here's your Guinness, but all alcohol must be consumed on premises, so might as well pull up a stool.

My point is, mentioning Martz is simply a pretext to generate thread interest, because it instantly stimulates emotional response on here. Its a nifty trap, but the question put forth simply cannot be discussed at this point in time. Its like comparing a building which only has the framing beams erected to another that's been completed and been around for a number of years. Yet here it is. Not only a thread, but a poll. It has generated some off-topic rants, but nothing of substance on the subject of the poll. How can it? There's no common references to compare.

Oh bartender, here's my card, run us a tab...we're going to be here awhile!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike

OK, "comfortable" wasn't part of the original question, but I believe it's safe to assume that everyone would "rather have" something they feel more comfortable with.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

OK, "comfortable" wasn't part of the original question, but I believe it's safe to assume that everyone would "rather have" something they feel more comfortable with.
    That's true, but while some can determin what's comfortable on blind faith, others need something to base it on. This is just something we'll have to agree to disagree on.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789