keith m. klink Guest

In Linehan we trust

it's time to stop putting a negative spin on every move the coach , and defensive co. make . we are not part of the team , or staff , or even the ball boy's wiping off the ball on game day.we are fans , fans support their teem . many of you piss and moan about what we don't have and what we need and what we should do . instead of being happy about what we have and what some new kid might bring to the game. i was rooting for ALSTON , but when both MCGARIGLE and CULBERSON showed what they had , the move seemed o.k. , and best of luck to ALSTON. maybe he can make a 2-14 team better , maybe an 8-8 team he can't . as for RICE , if we could have waited until this week to get a veteran DE instead of HALL , then it wouldn't be such an issue ,i an happy with the presence of HALL , and i didn't even care for RICE when he came available . you can't send young players away , to take a chance on an old vet , that brings a high pricetag to be a backup . as for the TE-RB thing , i'm sure the coachs have a plan that fit's , even though 4-TE's seems too much , and all of you really need to just get off hedgecocks back , he is a big strong fb , with decent hands , he is getting better all the time , look at the NFL , and see how many other teams are having a hard time with their personell . and then come back and tell me that all of them are better off than the RAMS with starters and depth . this is only year two of a team that is beingrebuilt and refit . have some faith that the coach's know more than we do , since they do this for a living , and we work at wal-mart or drive a school bus . NO DISRESPECT INTENDED , ANYONE WHO HAS A JOB THESE DAY'S SHOULD BE PROUD THAT THEY HAVE ONE AND WHAT THEY DO FOR PEOPLE .

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: In Linehan we trust

:x Okay, Keith, okay... Let's calm down.

...And all of you really need to just get off Hedgecock's back. -- KMKlink
    Maybe what we need to do is not generalize so much. I happen to support Madison Hedgecock (see the 'I support' area of mine).

I agree that our coaches "know better than we do", but sometimes we are allowed to comment and/or question what they do on gameday. A fan's privilege if you will...

BTW, interesting finale on the occupation topic.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I didn't realize anyone was on Hedgecock's back. As far as I'm concerned, he's the only true blocking fullback we have. Leonard is cool, but I'm glad to have a better lead blocker available when we need him.

I agree that Rice was asking too much, and I really like Hall's potential. I'm very happy with our starters, but last season gave us reason to be concerned about depth at defensive end.

Despite what it may seem like, I don't think people are trying to put a negative spin on every move. We're just making observations about moves that seem unusual. The Alston cut was strange because he had made so many tackles and all we'd heard about him were good things. The number of players at various positions isn't necessarily a bad thing, but the current roster composition is a little unusual.

Drew is offline Registered User

we were fans before anyone on the playing and coaching staff joined the Rams and will be fans long after they have all retired ,the Rams are OUR baby...we just want the babysitter not to harm our beloved!

moving on... i have faith in Coach Linehan and i love most of what he is doing in his job but hell if we all was the agree with everything brigade our beloved clanram wouldn`t be the place it is!

GO RAMS!!!!!:l

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

I like the sentiments present in this post, especially at the start of the season. I'd like to take it further if I could?

There will be things that we look at as the season unfolds and can level objective criticism at and that's fine as it doesn't serve any of us to be blind to some of the realities out there.

However, I think its important that, in acknowledging the realities of the sport, that we avoid making some of the generalised, snap statements that were flying around in the absence of winning every game. SLOP were a good example of what I'd like us to avoid, in that their platform largely seemed to be an objection to the fact we weren't winning every game. Ignoring as it did, the factors of roster overhaul new coach, new systems, front office fallout and the sheer competitivness of the NFL, I thought it was more than a little limited. I also thought that its focus on strictly one person, albeit the head coach, was simplistic.

Make no mistake, I would hope we do better this year by up to 2 games and make the playoffs via a wild card, but I don't expect it. I have a feeling that if this improvement fails to materialise, then we'll be seeing that tiresome SLOP campaign re-emerge. It takes more than merely two years to turn a flat 4-5 year sequence around. Others around the league recognise this, and we can see it in places like Cleveland and San Francisco where coaches have been given time to turn things around. Linehan deserves no less and I would be disappointed if, in the face of another 8-8 season or worse, he was not given a third season. NFL history has shown that patience is rewarded, most noticeably in Pittsburgh, Dallas and SF (Walsh won it all in his third season). So for me another two years of Linehan could well turn out to be a wise investment of trust.

I'm not averse to making criticism and have made it in the past regarding Marmie,Kollar, Jackson, and Zygmunt and shaw, but I like to have a track record to play with when I do so.

I just think that Keiths passionate plea is a nice way to head into the season. Optimism and excitment mixed with anxiety rather than an expectant pessimism.

Thanks Keith!

:l

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

Linehan deserves 3 years in my book. He brought us from 6-10 (2005) to 8-8 (2006) his 1st season and I'm expecting (9-7) at the very least for 2007. As a Rookie Headcoach Linehan made some very questionable decisions/calls. Let's hope he has learned from his mistakes.

I do support Linehan.

rams70 is offline Registered User

I think Linehan is doing a fine job as the HEAD coach, by that I mean the oversight of the entire team and personnel - he appears to be growing into that part of the job well, in my opinion. His reputation coming into this job was as a play caller, but I like the way he addresses problems as they occur in a direct manner and without fanfare. He had the guts to hire a potential replacement for himself as a defensive coordinator and I really dont think alot of folks in any line of work would do that. I think he'll continue to improve the team and his part in the organization.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rams70 View Post
    I think Linehan is doing a fine job as the HEAD coach. ...I think he'll continue to improve the team and his part in the organization.
    Agreed 100%. And I too support Coach Linehan. There's no question in my mind as to his positive performance both for his offseason decisions and, of course, during the season.

That we, the fans, sometimes ball at the calls of a HC is to be expected (taking points of the board to go for a field goal, for example). But like everyone else that fogs a mirror, he was learning and learned from mistakes he did -- and will continue to. I also trust said mistakes will be fewer and farther in between.

We have a very good team that is on the verge of being an excellent team ... and not to distant from greatness. This is a year of enormous expectations and opportunity for the Rams.

GO RAMS !

keith m. klink Guest

Just so you guy's know , i know your as passionate about this team as i am , we are not the middle of the road fans that one day we are colts fans because of manning , then we are niners fans because of what montana and rice had or were cowboy fans when emmitt and troy were in town . i know we all have our times that we agree and don't agree , with coach's and players brought in or let go . that is why we are special people , we are RAMS . we have always and will always be part of them , good or bad , happy or sad , we are RAMS .