throwback week

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Linehan: Witherspoon @ MLB is permanent

According to NFL Draft Countdown's Scott Wright, Linehan said this at his combine press conference. Looking for a second source, but if this is accurate, it basically takes Patrick Willis off the board for those that were craving him.

Re: Linehan: Witherspoon @ MLB is permanent

Here are the quotes from Scout.com

12:21 p.m. St. Louis Rams Head Coach Scott Linehan was asked a question about linebacker Will Witherspoon and if his move to the middle was permanent. “I think we’ll stick with him there (middle). He ended up having a very good season for us. He played banged up a lot of the year. He still ended up with 120/130 tackles in his first year of playing Mike linebacker. He can truly play sideline to sideline. He’s not a tackle to tackle player. He has great closing speed, and having him in the middle really gives him in the position to be involved in every play. In our first four wins of the season, he had his hands on the ball on the last play of the game in each of the four wins. We were four and one, and Spoon’s hand had something to do with each game, whether it was tipping a ball or recovering a fumble or something like that.”

maineram Guest

Then the Rams have to make a serious run at Thomas from the Ravens for the SAM backer. We need some beef in the backer position. Chillar makes a good situational player but a guy like Thomas can handle TE's and rush the QB.
    We would have a trio of playmakers all with great range

Maineram -

rammiser is offline Registered User

I agree we have to make a big run at Thomas even if it does cost big bucks. If we don't then the Whiners will and I'm tired of seeing the teams in our division get stronger defensively while we sit back and hope our draft picks turn out.
    Just Fix It

RamsFan16 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    I agree we have to make a big run at Thomas even if it does cost big bucks. If we don't then the Whiners will and I'm tired of seeing the teams in our division get stronger defensively while we sit back and hope our draft picks turn out.
    We attempted to last year but the problem is that there hasn't been much defensive talent to make a big stride.

If Witherspoon is going to be successful inside, it means our number one priority is not making a huge push for Adalius Thomas but rather has to be finding guys for the defensive line who can make sure he's free to move around and make plays. Chillar could be upgrade, I agree. But at this point I think our #1 priority is to make sure Witherspoon can be successful inside, and that means improving the defensive line. Easier said than done on this market, though.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

ok then we need to bring in cu;;en jenkins or a keith traylor even... i know traylor was with the dolphins last season, does anyone know his contract situation???

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    i know traylor was with the dolphins last season, does anyone know his contract situation???
    Free agent, as far as I know.

Milan Guest

Ideally we will be able to land Adalius Thomas and maybe draft Okoye to improve our Defensive line for Will Witherspoon.

With the ***** amazing Cap situation and other teams having a lot of money I really doubt that we will be able to land Thomas without spending a good sum.