Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    majorram is offline Registered User

Linehan won't be fired for his 3-10 record

Guys looking over the internet( on most sites ) they are saying that Linehan won't be fired for his 3-10 record...

Team president Shaw told Linehan on Monday it would be unfair to judge his Proformance this season given the teams lenthy injury list....they will have a proformance meeting come January!!!

interesting...

steve:l

"The breakfast Club"

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Linehan won't be fired for his 3-10 record

Quote Originally Posted by majorram View Post
    Guys looking over the internet( on most sites ) they are saying that Linehan won't be fired for his 3-10 record...

Team president Shaw told Linehan on Monday it would be unfair to judge his Proformance this season given the teams lenthy injury list....they will have a proformance meeting come January!!!

interesting...

steve:l
    Hopefully level heads will prevail. I want Linehan back.

SLAP

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

ST. LOUIS -- Coach Scott Linehan won't lose his job because of the St. Louis Rams' 3-10 record.
    Team president John Shaw told Linehan on Monday it would be unfair to judge his performance this season, given the team's lengthy injury list. Later in the day, Linehan said he was looking forward to an end-of-season meeting in early January.
    "It's important to know you've got support and those things," Linehan said. "But at this point it's really not my issue. My issue is trying to get our fourth win."
    The Rams were 8-8 in Linehan's first season and were perceived as a contender in the NFC West in the preseason. But they began the year with eight straight losses, mitigated by numerous injuries.
    St. Louis has 11 players on injured reserve, seven of them starters. The two feature players on offense, quarterback Marc Bulgerand running back Steven Jackson, both have missed significant time because of injuries.
    "I felt the last month or so that the obstacles were somewhat insurmountable for him," Shaw said in a telephone interview. "From the first game the offensive line was a mess, and then Marc and Steven got hurt.
    "From Day 1, it was almost impossible to evaluate him."
    Shaw said the last couple of weeks he's emphasized that Linehan just keep trying, and believes it's clear that players still believe in him.
    "I felt all along I was kind of telling him that myself and ownership felt it was very hard to evaluate him just on this year's performance," Shaw said. "I told Scott today and he kind of sensed it was coming."
    Bulger has missed the past two games because of a concussion and his availability remains a question mark for next week's game against the Packers. The Rams promoted Brock Berlin off the practice squad and he made his NFL debut Sunday. Berlin was 17-for-28 for 153 yards and an interception against the Bengals.
    Offensive coordinator Greg Olson said Bulger was feeling better on Monday, a day off for players. Bulger practiced last Wednesday and Thursday after passing a neurological exam, but began experiencing concussion symptoms in meetings Thursday afternoon and was not active for the Bengals game.
    "We're optimistic about that," Olson said. "He said he's ready to give it a try again on Wednesday."
    Shaw continues to be based in Los Angeles, where the team had been located before moving to St. Louis in 1995, and doesn't attend every road game. But Linehan said the two speak every week, and on Monday they communicated by telephone.
    "He's very supportive and he understands," Linehan said. "I also understand this isn't where we wanted to be.
    "It's not the record we intended on having, but the focus is to improve at season's end and continue to get better in certain areas."
    Linehan said Shaw has told him to be prepared for a comprehensive meeting after the season.
    "He wants me thinking about some of the things we want to get done," Linehan said. "He definitely wants my mind in that direction.
    "I'm sure we'll talk about pretty much everything."
    The Rams have had three home games blacked out on local television because they've failed to sell out, after only one blackout in the first 12 seasons in St. Louis. Shaw said a winning team will address the apathy.
    "If I didn't think the fans would support an NFL team, we wouldn't have moved there," Shaw said. "All sports are cyclical and obviously we've had a down year, and I understand the fans' frustration when the team isn't winning.
    "All we can do is attempt to improve the product and hope the fans come back."

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    ST. LOUIS --
    St. Louis has 11 players on injured reserve, seven of them starters.

"I felt the last month or so that the obstacles were somewhat insurmountable for him," Shaw said in a telephone interview. "From the first game the offensive line was a mess, and then Marc and Steven got hurt.

"From Day 1, it was almost impossible to evaluate him."

Shaw said the last couple of weeks he's emphasized that Linehan just keep trying, and believes it's clear that players still believe in him.
    "The players still believe in him".

majorram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Hopefully level heads will prevail. I want Linehan back.

SLAP

Me too...

steve
    "The breakfast Club"

Baldybouncer is offline Registered User

Now does the vote of confidence mean he's definatley coming back? Because in English football a vote of confidence is usually followed with the sacking of the manager.

By the way, I do want Linehan back next season, he's been dealt an awful hand this year and I would like to see what this team can do in his system when healthy.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

You know what my problem is....that the front office says that they can't "evaluate" him because of everything that has happened. Can't evaluate him? Why not? You own a football team. You are supposed to be more knowledgeable than we as fans are. You better be able to evaluate any scenario.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    "The players still believe in him".
    Many of the players left won't have a job in the NFL next year if he goes. That might have something to do with it.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Many of the players left won't have a job in the NFL next year if he goes. That might have something to do with it.
    Really? Because the only players on this team that play regularly that aren't solid NFL caliber players are some of the offensive line street rejects we have ...

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Baldybouncer View Post
    By the way, I do want Linehan back next season, he's been dealt an awful hand this year and I would like to see what this team can do in his system when healthy.
    The answer to that is an 8-8 season- as witnessed last year. Average coach- average team.

mpire is offline Registered User

I still contend that he's still accountable to some extent for the length of the injury list based on the quality of training camp and how the roster was set.

IF that's the case and he doesn't alter the approach during the offseason, only to have history repeat itself. Does he get another mulligan?

rampower is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    The answer to that is an 8-8 season- as witnessed last year. Average coach- average team.
    8-8 was an improvement, remember?? In his first year in the nfl too. I really dont remember anyone calling for his head last year.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

rampower is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mpire View Post
    I still contend that he's still accountable to some extent for the length of the injury list based on the quality of training camp and how the roster was set.

IF that's the case and he doesn't alter the approach during the offseason, only to have history repeat itself. Does he get another mulligan?
    I think he will have a very short leash next year.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Really? Because the only players on this team that play regularly that aren't solid NFL caliber players are some of the offensive line street rejects we have ...
    His collection of Tight Ends?

Quote Originally Posted by rampower View Post
    8-8 was an improvement, remember?? In his first year in the nfl too. I really dont remember anyone calling for his head last year.
    I think they were during the long losing streak in the middle of the season.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast