Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Unhappy Linny,Vermiel, fans, and the Rams.

I actually like what was written about Vermeil but i really wish it didnt have to go this far. I was hoping that the injuries from last year were really the cause for a bad 07' And Linny would be credited with a good comeback season. But now that we've come in and performed the way we have these last two games, its evident the team needs to move in a different direction.

I'm sorry for Linny, its never a good feeling to see someone like him come close to failing. Throughout the entire Jax thing in training camp he never once gave lip service, even if he knew this was the year that would make or break his career. he trusted his gut feeling that the deal would be done, and when Jax got in everything would be uphill from there. We fans did too.

I believe he brought good coaches here in Haslette and Saunders but things just arent turning into a storybook plot. He's relieved himself of playcalling to manage more effectively during gameday, but the team just isnt executing properly. He's the coach and the blame almost always falls on the coach when things get sour. There's practically nothing he can do to stop it because its the culture of the NFL to produce a winning product quickly, proficiently and effectively. The fans, organization and media demand it!!!And yes!!! as a hard core, crazy-money spending fan...i also am guilty of this.

For Scott linehan, the phrase "nice guys finish last" is as bright as the sun. But remember, a bright spot always brings new life and that brightness will multiply in huge numbers because of the classy road he's chosen. I can see why the organization brought him in, its because his character is good. He wants to win in a good way with good, classy, players that also have character and morals that represent the community of St.louis Missouri and the Stlouis Rams football team. But his way is unacceptable in this league. We want firey, trashy-mouthed, coaches and players that frequent the local and national media with childish, irresponsible, and meaningless antics to boost up ticket sales and call attention to themselves in their personal off-field lives. This is what sells in the world of sports if not sex. But i'll always pull for the good guys of this game because they make better roll models for our kids and the next generation of players and coaches that will one day roam the sidelines of the game i love to watch.

If Mr. linehan is let go of his duties and ends up coaching for a different team somewhere in the future, I'll root for him. Because i know he did everything he was allowed, to improve an already troubled football organization. The results are not there, but i know he tried. Thats all anyone could ever ask of any one individual person.

eldfan is offline Registered User

Re: Linny,Vermiel, fans, and the Rams.

Quote Originally Posted by Guam rammer View Post
    If Mr. linehan is let go of his duties and ends up coaching for a different team somewhere in the future, I'll root for him. Because i know he did everything he was allowed, to improve an already troubled football organization. The results are not there, but i know he tried. Thats all anyone could ever ask of any one individual person.
    I think most of us would say the right players was in place when he took over to make the Rams winners. Some coaches come in with nothing to work with. I think he had the players to get it done he just could not get these guys to play for him. He got a fair chance to right the ship. He just could not get it done.
    :ramlogo:

itsguud is offline Registered User

Re: Linny,Vermiel, fans, and the Rams.

Yeah, my support is not there for him. He made a lot of bad moves, decisions and choices since coming here that have dug us into a far greater hole then we were in. Good riddance.