Thread: Lions Next

RammStein is offline Registered User

Thumbs up Lions Next

With all due respect to the Lions .. the days are far over from when Sanders graced their home field .. the Lions being one of the three favorite teams .. mind you all the Rams being my favorite and the Steelers being my third favorite .. I have lost a lot of love for the Lions .. but I always wish two things .. they beat the Bears and the Cowboys

though this is the Lions home opener .. and though I don't have my stats the Lions are pretty good with home Openers .. so the Lions aren't a push over nor is any other team .. this is Pro Football and the players get paid for a reason .. but the Lions are going to have a hard time keeping up with the Rams offence .. not to mention the Lions Offence might make the Rams Defence look even better this week

though I like the Lions and will always do .. I feel sorry for them .. key match up to key match up .. they look like they are going to get walked all over on

what does anyone else think?
    Last edited by RammStein; -10-01-2001 at 04:07 PM.

RammStein

www.unitedrealms.com

DODRAM is offline Registered User
    Gotta agree that it looks like an easy one for the Rams but the Colts - Patriots game looked a no brainer till they played it. Mind you I don't think Mike Martz will let the team have the wrong attitude.

With Ty Detmer at QB the Lions will struggle to score a TD and their D is not good enough to stop the greatest show on earth.

GO CLAYMORES : DEAD BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Exclamation They are a pro team......

Do not sell them short. It is beginning to smell like an upset brewing if the Rams start reading the headlines. Enjoy the win over the Dolphins, and forget the whole game when Tuesday comes around. Prepare, Study, and do nothing but Think about the Lions this week.

Aries51 is offline Registered User
    The only thing that worries me about the Lions game is that the Rams will come out overconfident.Like txramsfan said,they cant let the press clippings go to their heads.The Lions are 0-2 and that alone makes them dangerous.No team wants that dreaded 0-3 start.Still,the match-ups,offensively and defensively,are heavily in the Rams favor.It will take a total breakdown on our part for the Lions to pull off the upset.I truly believe the Rams are maturing and wont allow a collapse.They just need to approach this game with the same hungry attitude they have had since game 1.

GO RAMS!
    Last edited by Aries51; -10-02-2001 at 02:55 PM.
    ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

I want Warner to pick on Todd Lyght. I want to see the Rams make Todd Lyght burn out. Todd Lyght was a cancer last year for the Rams, and just from watching last years films Warner Brothers should be able to obtain MAX Q rather quickly with Todd Lyght in the secondary for the Lions.

Aries51 is offline Registered User
    I wonder who Lyght will be covering.It really doesnt matter cause I think Warner will go after him from the start.From what I've read the Lions defense is pretty slow so we should chew'em apart.I'm looking forward to hearing Dennis Miller's comments during the game.

GO RAMS!
    ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

Talking This is the D's game Monday night

Monday Night folks will be the defense's time to shine. Why do I get the feeling that Charly Batch will be the QB, not Ty? Ty is too much a liability, I think they have been hush about this. Now, Batch is no Warner, but he isn't Ty either. He can throw, and the team likes him and will rally around him. Our defensive line needs to put a lot of pressure on the QB this week, Wistrom and Little need to pin their ears back. Let the LB's plug the middle on the run.

DODRAM is offline Registered User
    Lyght probably will get toasted on Monday but I for one won't get a lot of pleasure from it. The guy gave to this ball club for a lot of years and I'd rather remember them and the fact he helped us win a Super Bowl rather than linger on last years performance.

I know we all have different views on individual guys but I have a lot of respect for Lyght sticking with the Rams when they were piss poor.

On monday sure lets go after him if he's the weak point, no sentimentality in the game, but I'll be trying to think of how good Bruce or Holt is when they beat him , rather than how slow Lyght hsa got.

GO CLAYMORES : DEAD BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

rampower is offline Registered User
    The lions don't look too good, but as mentioned they are a pro team. By rights we should beat them. If we lose it will be due to our own mistakes.

DOD, we Americans have short term memories. You are right, Lyght did have some great years for us, but I just don't understand why he dogged last year other than he is getting old and slow.

Just heard on Monday Night Countdown that the Rams last week in each half scored more than the Lions have all year. Wow.