throwback week

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

List of the NFL's all-time best Jacksons

6. Steven Jackson
    The only active Jackson current on the list, the Battering Ram does it all with his size, speed and power -- not to mention pass-catching ability. But he toils in near anonymity being the one-man rock band in St. Louis. I've said it before, the Cowboys made a mistake passing on him.

5. Tom Jackson
    "TEEEEEEEEEEEG" as he's affectionately called by ESPN co-host Chris Berman, was the anchor of the Broncos' defense for 14 seasons, and a part of the Broncos teams that reached Super Bowl XXII and Super Bowl XXI. He is a member of the Broncos Hall of Fame.

4. Keith Jackson
    He was a six-time Pro Bowl tight end during his career with the Eagles, Dolphins and Packers. He was a member of the Packers squad that won Super Bowl XXXI. DeSean Jackson was the first rookie to lead the Eagles in receptions since Keith Jackson in 1988.

3. Harold Jackson
    The oft-traded receiver made a name for himself with the Eagles and Los Angeles Rams, earning five Pro Bowl nods and was selected as a member of the 1970s All-Decade team. Jackson's best game came against the Cowboys in 1973 when he caught seven passes for 238 yards and four touchdowns.

2. Rickey Jackson
    Jackson was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2010 after a spending most of his career with the Saints as a member of the "Dome Patrol" -- the nickname of the Saints linebackers. Jackson finished his career in San Francisco and was a member of the Super Bowl XXIX championship team.

1. Bo Jackson
    Mr. Pick Six, himself. Bo Jackson never played a full season, never made a Pro Bowl, but for those who saw him play, he was one of the most dominant players to ever put on a pair of shoulder pads. Just ask Brian Bosworth.

I am so proud of Steven. There isn't a player in the league I'd rather have represent our team the way he does.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Re: List of the NFL's all-time best Jacksons

Jackson should be higher by the end of his career.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Does Vincent Jackson go on #7? Or does his double-DUIs drop him that into the unranked abyss?

RAMpage28 Guest

Bo knows lists of the best Jackson's in NFL history.

RAMpage28 Guest

OH! By the way TO ALL THE NON BELIEVERS! TO ALL THE NON BELIEVERS! ESPECIALLY YOU TOM JACKSON! ANYBODY CAN BE BEAT! THANKS FOR HAVING OUR BACK KEYSHAWN! ANYBODY CAN BE BEAT! ESPECIALLY YOU TOM JACKSON! Not the real qoute but figured I would have some fun with it.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Grady Jackson, run stuffer extraordinaire. Monte Jackson, terrific Rams cornerback in the 1970's.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RealRam is offline Registered User

For the Rams, another very good Jax was receiver Harold Jackson.

He was drafted by the team in 1968 but traded right away to Philly. Played with us, however, after being traded back in 1973 for non other than Roman Gabriel. Then scored 36 TDs with the Rams in five years. His first year, '73, he led the NFL in TDs with 13. Against Dallas that season Jackson caught seven passes for over 230 yards, four TDs (Rams won that game).

I remember him being a terrific long ball threat.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    For the Rams, another very good Jax was receiver Harold Jackson.

He was drafted by the team in 1968 but traded right away to Philly. Played with us, however, after being traded back in 1973 for non other than Roman Gabriel. Then scored 36 TDs with the Rams in five years. His first year, '73, he led the NFL in TDs with 13. Against Dallas that season Jackson caught seven passes for over 230 yards, four TDs (Rams won that game).

I remember him being a terrific long ball threat.

Thanks for providing the nice Shots of Harold Jackson, He was my 1st Rams Hero! He was the Real #29 way before Eric Dickerson. I remember that 4 TD game against the Cowboys, which at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. Great Times!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]