throwback week

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Listening To Linehan's Conference On Tye Hill Pick...

It sounds like he only picked Hill because he reminded Linehan of Winefield, the CB he played with at the Vikes. If you think it might be bad that Scott is bringing all his old buddies from Minnesota, you may find it troubling to know that the draft plan is built to draft players that are reminicent to his former Vike teammates! :O

I liked his little speech on Bulger though. He said that Bulger is our quarterback and that Marc is "OUTSTANDING". He said that most could only dream of drafting a pro-bowl QB.

Scidog68 Guest

Re: Listening To Linehan's Conference On Tye Hill Pick...

Dude, Hill was drafted for his abilities and because he fills a need at that spot. His resemblance to any Vikings players is purely coincidence.

Just because one guy reminds him of someone from the Vikings does not mean his whole draft plan is crafted that way.

Lighten up.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

linehan has impressed me with this draft by actually drafting for needs not what you want by position..

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I think it only makes sense to use analogies to guys you're familiar with. I didn't get the impression at all that he wanted another Winfield. He just liked some qualities of Hill's, like the fact we don't back down from receivers and he's willing to come up in run support that he also admired in Winfield.

Hill is by no means the same type of player as Winfield. I'd say Jimmy Williams plays a much more similar style; Winfield's a more physical guy who doesn't rely as much on pure speed.