throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lito Sheppard

Systemlangstaff Guest

Lito Sheppard

Ok for the last week I haven't heard anything about Lito Shaeppard, and i'm getting scared by that fact because we need something to be done here. This is a great oppertunity to expand our defence. If anyone has heard anything new let me know, and if not when do you think something's going to happen, if somethin is to happen with this?

Thanks

-Train for the worst and the best will happen

jquarando is offline Registered User

Re: Lito Sheppard

Everyone in the leagues wants this guy. The eagles are sorting thru their options I would guess.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I'd hardly agree that "everyone" wants Sheppard.

The Rams might be, but who knows what they'd be willing to offer. One of the PD guys (Thomas or Gordon, can't remember which one) suggested that the Rams should offer their 3rd round pick. I don't know that I'd do that.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I'd hardly agree that "everyone" wants Sheppard.

The Rams might be, but who knows what they'd be willing to offer. One of the PD guys (Thomas or Gordon, can't remember which one) suggested that the Rams should offer their 3rd round pick. I don't know that I'd do that.
    I'll go one further: I would rather roll the dice and keep the pick as our third is the 2nd overall in the round. Regardless of position, there is a chance we could land a starter with the pick, (if not this year then next) who would be young and cheap. The third round could well be the round we bring in a promising OT. In that case the player would likely ride pine for a year or two, but I would prefer that to trading away our third and paying a bunch of money to Lito. I believe our best bet is to improve through the draft, particularly when we are drafting as high as we are this year ..

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I don't know if we have the money to afford trading for Lito anyway. He's better than Hall ever was, so he'll want 10M/year too.

As for the draft pick, yes, that's what a lot of people are slating for our OT pick. So, what happens if we trade it away? I think we have to go best OT in the second, hoping one drops. There's not a whole lot of value at the top of the second otherwise, so we try to trade down and use whatever pick we get from that on a WR as the fall back option.

Mooselini Guest

I dont think Sheppard is worth it. Like Teke said, we need to throw plenty of money at him. Expect the Jets or someone to sign him.

Ramer Guest

I wouldn't mind to have Lito, but I wouldn't give up anything more that a 3rd round and we can't take out a 2nd mortgage to get him.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Well, if we can't resign Jackson or get anyone else to play CB who is worth a hoot.....what was the MAIN reason then for letting Bruce go if it wasn't to free up money to get someone like Sheppard?

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Well, if we can't resign Jackson or get anyone else to play CB who is worth a hoot.....what was the MAIN reason then for letting Bruce go if it wasn't to free up money to get someone like Sheppard?
    Dang it tx, stop asking logical questions.

WHAT SAY YE?

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    We may never know the MAIN reason. One thing I'll throw out there is that with Saunders coming aboard, I have a hard time believing that Al wasn't consulted regarding Bruce's being released. I doubt it was only over money. Coaxing Saunders to sign on probably required that he be allowed a strong say in key offensive personnel decisions.

Whether we go for Sheppard or not obviously will depend on how the Rams view him. If Lito is still available on draft day, and the Eagles highly covet a particular player that is available when we pick say in round 4, I'd be all for it. No question Sheppard would address a need, problem is - we have so many .. With Billy D on board this year and our high picks in this year's draft, I hope we keep our first three picks. However, even if we do, there's still an even chance I'll be crying in my beer over our picks halfway through the season.

Beta Ram Guest

He would start -- point blank.

We NEED help @ CB.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    I dont think Sheppard is worth it. Like Teke said, we need to throw plenty of money at him. Expect the Jets or someone to sign him.
    No no no, haven't you heard? Al Davis is said to be head over heels for Sheppard!

Also, Tx, you definitely need to stop making sense. Start raving about needing a new punter or something. Oh, and Hill is big enough!

Rambos is offline Registered User

Bruce go if it wasn't to free up money to get someone like Sheppard?
    It was not about cap space, its was about getting faster, younger at WR.

ScottD413 Guest

I think getting rid of Bruce was about cap space. You all saw what happened with JaMarcus Russel and the Raiders. We will need a TON of money to get our first round pick on the field. Whoever we take, we will be paying ALOT for him

It's rediculous how much money these rookies get

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Good grief.

It's actually been a week leading up ot the draft since we heard another sourceless, speculative ramble about who the Front Office "might or might not" be interested in trading for. In fact, it's probably been a week since someone has mentioned Rams and Lito Sheppard in the same sentence. I have to say I'm not the least bit worried about that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -03-21-2008, 12:49 PM