Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

A little about board attitude

As much as I love this board and most of the posters here I have to get something off my chest.

Some people are starting to become way too "high class" for me. I am far from a perfect person and do not pretend to be, but I don't sit around and pick out everyone else's faults and then publicly call them on it.

I came to this board years ago for the same reason I go to a bar for sports and not a night club. Because it's every day people that want to talk Rams and not about their spelling errors or how to use their brains and belittle the things they say.

It came to my attention that people sent 6 PM's to Dez because I attacked him and his Bernie/Dolt post. Please! I never once attacked Dez. I stated my opinion on Bernie and the rest of the reporters for the Rams. If you had a problem with the post then you should have put it the forum. Or talked to me.

This is getting old people, we have a football season fast approaching and I would like to get things moving in here with some good heated talks about football. There has to be more to talk about than each others short comings. If there isn't then take the personal comments to the forum at iamaperfectperson_justaskme.com

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: A little about board attitude

Good post, Wraith. It's very hard to enjoy things whenever you feel like it's a literal battleground every time you show up. It's hard to enjoy a place when you find you're defending yourself more than you are your team or your opinions.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

tanus is offline Registered User

lol, i love it how my one insult on this board finds its way into this post.

Why is it necessary to insult anyone?? There is common bond that brings all here and some people always have to make it personal. There is a reason we have so many lurkers. If I wasn't here for so long, I know I wouldn't want to post in fear of always being attacked by a handful. Its no fun to state an opinion if you have to defend yourself and not your views.

Quote Originally Posted by tanus
    lol, i love it how my one insult on this board finds its way into this post.

well, honestly if you are scared to post on a message board for fear of being attacked then i really dont know what to say to you.

i simply said yeah, lets sign an injured guy. newbie comes back at me saying that the jags never said anything about him being injured and to shut up when i dont know what i am talking about. at this point, i could really care less about insulting the guy as he obviously has no respect himself. then a couple of minutes later nick provides the facts that brackens in fact has multiple injuries as well as recovering from another injury.

now, i would never act this way to someone who has been here a while and shown respect, but to a newbie like that, i'll put him in his place.

tanus...

This is a prime example. The post I made was NOT directed at you or anyone else for that matter. I was not trying to point fingers at ANYONE. I was trying to make a point about getting personal with people in general. I am sorry that I used the brains comment. It was just an example. I would like to see things get back to issues at hand, and that is winning the NFC and getting back to the Super Bowl.

im fine with the brains example. i just mentioned how it was funny that my one insult got used as your example.

trust me, i have no beef at all with you and appreciate all of the RAMS articles you post on the board.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by tanus
    now, i would never act this way to someone who has been here a while and shown respect, but to a newbie like that, i'll put him in his place.
    That is totally the wrong attitude. The "newbies" should feel free to post their thoughts without fear of being attacked by the "in crowd" of regulars. In fact, I'd rather you put the regulars in their place than attack the newbies as we try to grow this community.

so its ok for a newbie to tell me to shut up when i dont know what im talking about when a few minutes later nick provides the facts for what i was saying? i dont think so.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I think you were both needlessly caustic.

eh, maybe so. at least im posting a bit more because of it today, lol.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I think your comment was misunderstood, tanus. You said, "now, i would never act this way to someone who has been here a while and shown respect, but to a newbie like that, i'll put him in his place." I'm assuming you mean to a newbie who comes in and shows no respect, you'd put him in his place. I think as long as everyone is treated with respect, they'll get it in return.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

This is not a he said, she said thread. Just one that should remind everyone that there are true people behind these posts and ones that have a true passion for the game. We all play an equally important role and need to think before making knee jerk reactions.

I can and will be just as guilty as some of the others, and at times blow off the handle and don't always think while I am typing. And for that I apologize! For the most part you all are good people and mean well. Just try to remember how you would feel if someone typed something about you and whether you would like to here that about yourself.

exactly nick. i wouldnt treat any of the regulars like that because they have always been respectful to me.

general counsel Guest

In the immortal words of Rodney King, "Cant we all just get along"

ramming speed to all, and lets focus on the common enemy, the seachickens, eagles and the rest of the nfl!

general counsel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast