RamsFan16 Guest

Little: "Hochuli tell other members of his officiating crew there were two penalties"

Interestingly, Rams defensive end Leonard Little said he heard Hochuli tell other members of his officiating crew that there were two penalties on the play: false start and illegal formation.

"That’s what he said," Little said. "I thought you run 10 seconds off the clock with a false start.

"He said something like: ‘The quarterback’s going to (spike) the ball anyway.’ That shouldn’t make a difference. ... I think we got the short end of the stick with how that went. But I’m not an official. I don’t know all the rules that go along with that. We came up short. If we’d have gone out and stopped them on that drive on defense, we would’ve won that game."
    Wow, change of events. Shows how much Seattle was favored by these refs.

lambchop Guest

Re: Little:

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    Wow, change of events. Shows how much Seattle was favored by these refs.
    Are you serious? Watch the game again and tell me where the false start was?

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Probably going to need something more substantial than one guy's word to make this credible.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamsFan16 Guest

Re: Little: "Hochuli tell other members of his officiating crew there were two penalt

How, how in gods name am I not serious?

bigredman Guest

I'm sure Little heard what he heard, otherwise he wouldn't have said it to the press, however, when the defense had to step up and keep Seattle from field goal range, they didn't. Seattle deserved this win. I don't believe they backed into it.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Little / Hochuli

No doubt that you're dead serious, 16. However, I don't think there were any indications of Officials favoring Seattle today.

lambchop Guest

Re: Little: "Hochuli tell other members of his officiating crew there were two penalt

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    How, how in gods name am I not serious?

I couldn't tell you. Did you happen to watch the play again and see any false starts? Did Little mention anything about that offside play when the ball was snapped before the TO was called, which should have nullified the TO and given the Seahawks a firstdown? You know,,,the FG that eventually doinked off both goalposts and was no good. He didn't happen to mention that when questioning the officiating, did he?

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman
    I'm sure Little heard what he heard, otherwise he wouldn't have said it to the press, however, when the defense had to step up and keep Seattle from field goal range, they didn't. Seattle deserved this win. I don't believe they backed into it.
    I agree. No excuses. We got beat by a team that executed better when it counted, plain and simple.

He [LL] didn't happen to mention that when questioning the officiating, did he? -- Chop
    You're correct, my friend. To Little's defense, nonetheless, he did elaborate somewhat to exonerate the Official's calls, as follows (paraphrased):

"I don’t know all the rules that go along with that. We came up short. If we’d have gone out and stopped them on that drive on defense, we would’ve won that game."

It was a great, great game. We lost fair and square. Rams need to regroup and look forward to REVENGE.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User
    Moral of the story is that you should never, ever let it get to the stage where if the refs screw it up they cost you the game. If you do, then you didn't do enough to ice the win.

Ouscored 23-7 in the second half. Theres the game right there.

Little and Rams do admit defeat.

Ouscored 23-7 in the second half. There's the game right there. -- Fat Pang
    OUCH! Don't rub it in!

It's true, though, it's true. And I don't think there is anybody in the team that doesn't admit the defeat with that understanding.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Man, I hope this story gets buried. We don't need to be focusing on the refs at this point.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Little

This piece of the quote....
    We came up short. If we’d have gone out and stopped them on that drive on defense, we would’ve won that game."
    ...is the only part that even comes close to being relevant at this point.

Our D just is not a talented group. They're better, much better than the past couple of years, but they still are not that good.

I'm just glad that we won the first 59:56 of this game. I honestly thought this game would have been done long before the final 4 seconds. We're a much better team than last year, but I gotta be honest....we're just not yet ready to consistently take on the top tier of competition.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

general counsel is offline Registered User

We did NOT lose this game because of the refs. Did the refs fumble the kickoff return? Did the refs render us 100% incapable of running the ball in the second half? Did the refs make the plays that hass made against our defense on third and long, including a 42 yd td between 3 rams defenders? Did the refs make two 49 yard field goals and a 54 yard field goal with the game on the line?

Lousy argument to blame it on the refs. We got outplayed, plain and simple. They are an excellent team, showed you what being a champion is about. We are improved for sure, we are a potential playoff team, but we are not a championship caliber team, plain and simplel

ramming speed to all

general counsel

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Little / Hochuli

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    No doubt that you're dead serious, 16. However, I don't think there were any indications of Officials favoring Seattle today.
    I thought that not having enough players on the line of scrimmage was an 8 yard penalty not 5 yards.....refs got us again. lol