throwback week

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Little injures knee at practice

From The PD site,Bill Coats:

St. Louis Rams defensive end Leonard Little suffered what is believed to be a sprained right knee at Monday morning’s practice. Little went down in a 9-on-7 run-game drill and was helped off the field. After several minutes, he returned to the action but came out again, obviously upset. An ice wrap was taped to his knee.
    “We just wanted to shut him down and be careful,” coach Steve Spagnuolo said.
    More later…

So much for his hurdling RBs. Good grief....

eldfan is offline Registered User

Re: Little injures knee at practice

Hopefully there is not much to it.
    :ramlogo:

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Hopefully not, but if there is, it's time to look elsewhere for our DE needs. This would mark the third straight year that Little battled a fairly significant injury. These sprained knees offer linger, turn out to be more severe ligament and tendon issues, and worst case end up as tears ...

Given the young team we have, we can't afford to sit around and wait for Little to get healthy. We've got to start preparing other DE's to man the reigns and learn to become effective ...

This is very worrisome, as it eliminates the bulk of the pressure we get off the edge. Truly unfortunate to see, as Little was said to be in great shape and had some nice burst. He definitely seemed to have alot left in the tank ...

eldfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Hopefully not, but if there is, it's time to look elsewhere for our DE needs. This would mark the third straight year that Little battled a fairly significant injury. These sprained knees offer linger, turn out to be more severe ligament and tendon issues, and worst case end up as tears ...

Given the young team we have, we can't afford to sit around and wait for Little to get healthy. We've got to start preparing other DE's to man the reigns and learn to become effective ...

This is very worrisome, as it eliminates the bulk of the pressure we get off the edge. Truly unfortunate to see, as Little was said to be in great shape and had some nice burst. He definitely seemed to have alot left in the tank ...

Agreed the older you get the more injuries occurs. At this late stage the only thing we can do is search the wavers wires. Nobody is going to trade a pass rushing DE and I don’t know if anyone else is out there.
    :ramlogo:

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

After several minutes, he returned to the action but came out again, obviously upset. An ice wrap was taped to his knee.
    I know it's only an observation from Coats, but it always worries me when older players look "obviously upset" about an injury because they know when there's a chance something significant has occured. Hopefully it's not anything serious, but Little's recent history with injuries has not been good. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I know it's only an observation from Coats, but it always worries me when older players look "obviously upset" about an injury because they know when there's a chance something significant has occured. Hopefully it's not anything serious, but Little's recent history with injuries has not been good. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    My sentiments exactly. When you see veterans visibly upset about an injury, it's usually because they know it's trouble. That was the most worrying part of the article to me.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Ugh!

Even if LL returns to "100%" in two or three weeks, I'm afraid he'll be carrying a FRAGILE label. The Rams coaches and Little himself know far better than I do, obviously; it's just my fear from doubting that LL would remain healthy throughout the season, let alone last as a starter.

maineram Guest

He's been having a nice camp so far, he get's injured and of course he's upset. Putting in extra time training, then having a nice camp will make any player upset if an injury occurs. Why throw him under the bus before we know the extent of the injury ?? Sheesh !!!! Too many Dooms day, Nay sayers ready to write off a players contribution to the 2009 seasons.

Bulger breaks pinky......... he's done, he sucks, we should have drafted Sanchez.

Little has sprained knee......... he's too old, injury prone, washed up and a liability to the team.

How about the power of positive thinking here folks. Let's wait for the MRI before we send him off with an injury settlement !!!!

Maineram -

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by maineram View Post
    He's been having a nice camp so far, he get's injured and of course he's upset. Putting in extra time training, then having a nice camp will make any player upset if an injury occurs. Why throw him under the bus before we know the extent of the injury ?? Sheesh !!!! Too many Dooms day, Nay sayers ready to write off a players contribution to the 2009 seasons.

Bulger breaks pinky......... he's done, he sucks, we should have drafted Sanchez.

Little has sprained knee......... he's too old, injury prone, washed up and a liability to the team.

How about the power of positive thinking here folks. Let's wait for the MRI before we send him off with an injury settlement !!!!

Maineram -
    Dude, I just said it worried me, which is does. That's the feeling I get when I see veterans "visibly upset" after an injury, especially when they have a bad injury history. I'm simply voicing that observation. Believe me, as I mentioned in my post, I'm hoping it's nothing serious and keeping my fingers crossed.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Leonard remains the only legit pass rusher on the entire team. We really need him back. Do we need to get younger at the position and develop alternatives? Absolutely. That was part of the theory behind drafting chris long. But leonard is a very very tough guy to replace. One of the five most underated nfl players of the last ten years.

We really need him back and healthy.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Mooselini Guest

This sucks. Hope he's back by week one...

thoey is offline Registered User

From Fanball:

Aug 24, 2009 08:44 PM CDT
    Little returns to practice

The News
    Updating an earlier report, Leonard Little returned for Monday's afternoon practice with the Rams, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Our View
    Little suffered a sprained ankle in the morning session, but it appears to be minor. He may take it easy for the remainder of the preseason, but should be safe to target in fantasy leagues.
    This space for rent...

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by General Counsel View Post

We really need him back and healthy.

Ramming speed to all

General Counsel
    "...And healthy" is my concern. Maybe because of his age I'm anticipating that 'F R A G I L E' label I alluded to earlier. Of course, I want to see him having a strong, consistent 2009 year -- there's no doubt we really need him back!

He will get all the necessary medical attention, for sure. But again, I only hope it serves him well and that he in turn will serve the defense well.