TheRammer Guest

Little May Have Other Options

Little May Have Other Options

Leonard Little has yet to make his decision about returning or retiring from the NFL.
    But if he decides to play another season, he may have more than just the Rams wanting his services.
    As the new defensive coordinator in Washington, Jim Haslett has let it be known that he believes Little is still good for 10+ sacks a season--provided he stays healthy and is used appropriately.
    The situation is similiar with the Rams--who have made it clear to Little they would like him back if intends to play in 2010.
    Little missed three games due to injury last year, but still led the Rams with 6.5 sacks. It's that ability that should keep him effective on pass rush downs.
    With 87.5 career sacks, the idea of 100 sacks is an achievable goal--but Little has shared that he wouldn't return to chase after any statistical goals, playing the game was about winning and having fun.
    What's not so clear is if Little would have more fun in another city or if the wear and tear of twelve seasons has been enough and he's ready to walk away.

I'd love to have little come back and play with us for another year. I think he still can be productive as long as he stays healthy

Keenum is offline Registered User

Re: Little May Have Other Options

Exactly, as long as he can stay healthy. I thought he played pretty well last year, and would love to have him back again.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Little has been a Ram for such a long time. I wouldn't see why he wouldn't want to finish his career here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I think a role as a situational pass rusher opposite Chris Long and with more talent on the interior of the line, Little could play another 3 years or so. He still has good pass rushing ability

Trevor is offline Registered User

He is our best pass rusher, so we should keep him.

TheRammer Guest

Hellz ya I think He'd be a great rotantional guy with fresh legs to get after the QB. I just can't forget that interception and diving TD he did last year lol... that is the best highlight when I think of last year. If he did that he still has some gas left in the tank!